Anutin: Thailand's handling of the pandemic "best in the world"

webfact

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you disagree with the CDC?

Depends. Disagree is the wrong word, trust, believe come to mind.

You must recall this:

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky had said Tuesday that "vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that is not just in the clinical trials but it's also in real world data." Her statement was based on a large study the federal health agency released Monday..."

https://nypost.com/2021/04/02/cdc-walks-back-claim-that-vaccinated-people-cant-carry-covid/

Edited by chieftan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, chieftan said:

It should come as no surprise why covid stats based on vax status is not compiled in the US, and published.

who, little ole me?

You mention attacking, can you give some context to "attacking the same members".

I admit nor deny anything, but maybe some members object to free speech and some "expression" and you, and others see this as attacks?

Pretty soft aren't we?

No surprise because it’s not true. Covid stats on hospitalization and deaths with vaccination stats are published, you’ve obviously been spending your time looking in the wrong places.

here’s a starter for you, plenty of other states publish the same. 
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/covid19/data/vaccination-status.aspx

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chieftan said:

Depends. Disagree is the wrong word, trust, believe come to mind.

You must recall this:

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky had said Tuesday that "vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that is not just in the clinical trials but it's also in real world data." Her statement was based on a large study the federal health agency released Monday..."

https://nypost.com/2021/04/02/cdc-walks-back-claim-that-vaccinated-people-cant-carry-covid/

That was before Omicron.

The real question is if you understand that unvaccinated people have a much larger risk of dying from Covid.

Do you understand that basic concept?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem confused.

if there were zero tests conducted, then deaths per million would be zero.

if there were 100,000 tests per day, then the number of reported infections would be very high.

Anutin has chosen to test closer to zero than to 100,000 per day. Therefore, you think Thailand is doing well.

You statement is way out of reality. If people shows symptoms or are hospitalized, they have been tested, which is facts.

The excess number of test made on people without symptoms in some countries, thereby recording asymptomatic Covid-cases, cannot be compared with countries making fewer tests.

The comparable factors are serious critical hospitalization, deaths, and at some point during the pandemic also excess deaths. The last can for example reveal unregistered Covid deaths, or reveal that Covid hardly caused no excess death at all. These figurs are the bottom lines that matters.

The official facts shows that Thailand has not performed so bad after all, when compared to other countries.

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Please do not refer to him as Khun. That is way more respect than he deserves. He is a failure as a health minister, and he is a huckster. He deserves only scorn and humiliation. 

I regret, but I'm generally polite and might use "khun" again...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You statement is way out of reality. If people shows symptoms or are hospitalized, they have been tested, which is facts.

The excess number of test made on people without symptoms in some countries, thereby recording asymptomatic Covid-cases, cannot be compared with countries making fewer tests.

The comparable factors are serious critical hospitalization, deaths, and at some point during the pandemic also excess deaths. The last can for example reveal unregistered Covid deaths, or reveal that Covid hardly caused no excess death at all. These figurs are the bottom lines that matters.

The official facts shows that Thailand has not performed so bad after all, when compared to other countries.

The official numbers show that Thailand tests less than most countries.

To be precise, Thailand ranks #146 in testing per capita.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Disgraceful.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, he may not be all wrong...it just depends on which world he is referring to that includes Thailand; high resolution space telescopes and deep space radio telescopes have determined that the worlds of Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune have not recorded even one case or one death from Covid...????

Edited by WingFat
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, sitanonchai said:

May I remind you yesterday - COVID-19: Thailand reports 18,885 new coronavirus cases, 29 deaths

Best in the world of b.llsh.t 5555555

A damned site better than the worst  though eh? 17th wrt new infections, 34th wrt deaths, 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, pomchop said:

I miss Taksin....at least he was competent and got elected rather than seizing power via a coup.

Did you forget Taksin wanted to close all the bars at 10 p.m.? And implement "entertainment zones."

Edited by Cleareye
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

And I could just edit the Wikipedia page and replace his name with yours on Wikipedia and that makes it all true then huh.....

image.png.992cbff7625729cc3f1ccb1174fc49b0.png

Go ahead. Edit away. Doesn't change anything about how a constitutional monarchy functions.

Edited by jerrymahoney

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately he was not elected as per the constitution and thus as a non parliament member could not be put into the position as the PM, that was until he re-wrote the constitution in order to have himself installed.......the final step is just a mere sign-off from the man above, nothing more......

So are you questioning the authority of the ultimate appointer to appointment whomever he sees fit and as meeting the qualifications as PM?

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cherrytreeview said:

What's wrong with you?

How can you defend this circus?

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/01/thailands-wealth-inequality-is-the-highest-in-the-world-what-does-this-mean-for-upcoming-elections/

Your like some demented PR agency trying to defend the indefensible.

I've heard of some people going native but you take it to a new level.

Your honourary Thai citizenship is the post.

Congratulations.

I am not defending anything. If the PM was gone yesterday would've been fine with me. I am questioning the recurring popinjay comments on here that he is somehow not the legitimate PM when he certainly is that. Better legal minds have already gone through numerous attempts to undermine his legitimacy and have failed.

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It's nothing more than a rubber stamping of the paper,

Thank you. If you think a royal monarch appointment of a PM is just a rubber-stamp, then good for you.

There have been multiple challenges that Prayut did not meet the necessary qualifications to be PM and all have failed. E.g.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/03/14/prime-minister-not-a-govt-official-state-agency-rules/

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Thank you. If you think a royal monarch appointment of a PM is just a rubber-stamp, then good for you.

Re, a monarch in the UK:

"effectively rubber stamps the outcome of the electoral process by asking a new prime minister to form a government."

https://www.thenationalnews.com/britain-s-monarch-is-a-guiding-star-in-the-storm-of-politics-1.595865

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Re, a monarch in the UK:

"effectively rubber stamps the outcome of the electoral process by asking a new prime minister to form a government."

https://www.thenationalnews.com/britain-s-monarch-is-a-guiding-star-in-the-storm-of-politics-1.595865

That is the UK. All I have said is that with the appointment by the Monarch in Thailand, you can be the PM. Without such appointment, you cannot be the PM. Prayut has had the appointment from  two reigning monarchs in Thailand.

And if you want to say that Prayut has received two such Monarchial appointments, even though not qualified to be PM, that has already been tried and failed.

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

And here you go he was not elected and this violates the 2007 constitution which he then rewrote so he could be installed into power....nuff said

Secretary-General Raksagecha Chaechai said being a government official requires four characteristics: being legally elected, possessing active law enforcement authority, being under the state, and receiving regular payment.

The office determined Prayuth didn’t meet two of the criteria as he wasn’t elected, and his junta operates outside of state authority.

But he still is PM. And he is the PM as of 2019 because the Monarch appointed him PM. And whomever the Monarch appoints as PM, IS the PM.

24 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

That is the UK. All I have said is that with the appointment by the Monarch in Thailand, you can be the PM. Without such appointment, you cannot be the PM. Prayut has had the appointment from  two reigning monarchs in Thailand.

And if you want to say that Prayut has received two such Monarchial appointments, even though not qualified to be PM, that has already been tried and failed.

Yet you posted a worldwide list of constitutional monarch's in a previous post, with the claim "the PM is whoever the current Monarch says"  lol

No I don't want to say "that Prayut has received two such Monarchial appointments" thats just boring being double rubber stamped

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet you posted a worldwide list of constitutional monarch's in a previous post, with the claim "the PM is whoever the current Monarch says"  lol

No I don't want to say "that Prayut has received two such Monarchial appointments" thats just boring being double rubber stamped

Say what you want: Without a rubber-stamp one cannot be PM. Prayut has a rubber-stamp.