Anutin: Thailand's handling of the pandemic "best in the world"

webfact

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You could make a rational case that Thailand's response overall has been reasonably decent all things considered.

But best in the world?

Beggar's belief.

But, only if you ignore the enormity of the failure of the vaccine program, the cost of the highly selective, crony favored shutdowns, the lack of testing, the cost and scarcity of the higher quality vaccines for Thai people, and the extreme cowardice with regard to the tourism "re-opening".

Best to simply describe Anutin, Prayuth, Prawit and Phiphat as failures. They failed their people, and they brought great shame to their families, and the nation. So if you want to be fair and lenient, give them a D plus. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Double standard in full flight, I'll bet the luk krueng Tiger Woods gets a fawning welcome. Of course, Anutin would never call him that.

Correct. They love rich people. Rich people are much cleaner. The rest of us are far too dirty and smelly for Anutin's taste. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chieftan said:

Yes, Thailand's new case rate is 236/million (7 day r-AV), UK's new case rate is 686/million (almost 3X Thailand), UK's covid death rate is 6X higher than Thailand, (2.23/M vs. .36/M in Thailand-FEB 17/2022)

Web-source: Death rate, Case rate

Additionally, UK HSA reports new covid case rates are higher in vaccinated people in all age cohorts except <18 years. web-source

Reports by Scotland and NSW Au show similar trends for new cases and deaths. The data is becoming so controversial that Public Health Scotland (PHS) will no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. The latest report in Scotland shows covid death rates are HIGHER in *fully vaccinated  (2 doses) than the non vaccinated. websource Table 15, pg 47

I don't see any trolling and false data submitted here by a particular poster here who has provided reputable data sources. You seem to NOT want to accept facts as facts.

In closing, consider as an example the exploits of a particular country,  that has some of the the best scientific minds, best medicine, the mRNA vaccines, financial resources... yet, it has over 930K Covid deaths, (16% of the worlds total despite having only 4% of the total world population) still have 2,000+ daily deaths with many break through cases, how does that country compare to Thailand?

* FYI, US considers two dose vaccine (2 week waiting period after 2nd shot) as "fully vaccinated) and 3rd shot booster as "up to date" web-source link

Looks like someone is posting more misinformation on a dual account. ????

• Like 2

To those who come on here with their near daily invective of the current regime and that the Kingdom should be led by men and women of honor, intelligence, self-sacrifice, lack of self-enrichment, vision, and with demonstrable leadership qualities, etc., I think of the words of Ms. Carly Simon:

Well, that's the way I've always heard it should be

But it isn't.

Although things can always change even on short notice, the most plausible thing is tomorrow there will just be another round of invectives and cat-calls from the usual suspects.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

So it was just your opinion, aided by your wife. It is worth the same as anybody else who cannot provide any links. it then simply becomes an opinion.

Again a misinformation, twisting my post. There was not my opinion. 

But yes, I was aided by my wife when being with her at the local market where she paid 50% of the price - listed on the board of the market woman, both of them making some trick with their mobiles when paid.  And that not at one table only.

No, I do not have any link, why should I? Do you have any link that Thai govt does not provide any beneficiary actions due to the Covid pandemia? (And please spare me the "links" to statements in this forum).

BTW, I am wondering why this forum is not keen on deletions of misinformation about Thai govt as it is sensitive on any misinformation re Covid? After all, we are living in this country, so any misinformation is very harmful, isn't it?    

• Sad 1

I can not imagine that Thailand would be considered number one in the world for anything but prostitution. Prostitution does not exist in the country  say the Thai Police .

However the Thai authorities have made a good effort in the fight against covid 19 .

There testing has and has been weak to say the least .

The Thai Government has allowed Immigration  the covid extensions that have helped many foreigners plus my self . First class there apart from the cat and mouse game every 2 months . 

The Thai Government were slow of the mark with there vaccination program . They were far from the only country to be guilty of that . Australia for example were woefully slow and incompetent which Thailand could be just considered  slow of the mark .

Vaccination choice was limited from the start of the vaccination program . Many critics surrounding sinovac that over time has proved to be the only choice they had from the beginning . I think the critics were 100 percent wrong .

I would like to congratulate the Thai Government for providing vaccines for foreigners . I received vaccines free of charge . Again there was much criticism and panic from some foreigners about being eligible to receive the vaccines added with the incorrect notion that sinovac was not worth having to put it politely .

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But, only if you ignore the enormity of the failure of the vaccine program, the cost of the highly selective, crony favored shutdowns, the lack of testing, the cost and scarcity of the higher quality vaccines for Thai people, and the extreme cowardice with regard to the tourism "re-opening".

Best to simply describe Anutin, Prayuth, Prawit and Phiphat as failures. They failed their people, and they brought great shame to their families, and the nation. So if you want to be fair and lenient, give them a D plus. 

I hear you but most countries made big mistakes so I was suggesting grading on a curve.

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

I witnessed a disturbing side of Thailand during my recent visit to Issan.  My wife's mom's brother is dying.  The doctor sent him home basically giving up on the man.  The sick man was not diagnosed. The man lays in bed, legs paralyzed, unable to eat or drink water and in great pain.  No IV or pain medicine for this man.  Rather inhumane.  He should go in dignity.  So Mr. Anutin, Health Minister, is this "best in the world" treatment.  The real issue is the have and have nots.  If you are a have COVID treatment may have been OK.  But not for the rest of Thais and dirty farangs.

This clown has been working with the unelected soldier posing as a PM and his generals for far too long, so his academic level has come down to their Military Academy education level.

17 hours ago, Pinot said:

I've always felt that I was in the best country in the world for handling covid. Thais wear masks. The get inoculated if they can. There isn't any of this antivaxxer nonsense. Prayuth has done a great job of leading Thailand through this. 

But you guys... This was a pretty good setup for the haters. Really, the hatred on the forum is amazing. 

Yeah, let's let Yingluck run the country again. The last democratically elected PM ran the country into anarchy. She was a moron. I see no viable alternative to the current government that's doing an incredible job. 

I just imagine most of you rolling onto your computers after another night of overindulgence and unloading on Thailand and everything else under the sun with more vitriol than a normal pre-alzhimer should have. Some of you need help.  

Your the one who needs help pal, Yingluck was not the last proper elected politician to lead the country before this so called PM.

There was another PM after Yingluck before the coup that was not going to happen, according to the clown who is in charge now.

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thanks made my night. Really I mean it. I haven't laughed so much all day.???? 

Yeah! You sure do get them. I wonder if he is also going to change his avatar.

I think you know what I mean. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

This clown has been working with the unelected soldier posing as a PM and his generals for far too long, so his academic level has come down to their Military Academy education level.

PM Prayut is not posing as a PM. He IS the PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

2022-02-20_15h56_23.png

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

In my opinion,

In a Constitutional Monarchy, assuming all other requirements are met, the PM is whoever the current Monarch says is the PM your opinion notwithstanding.

List of current constitutional monarchies (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy

1440378108_cnstmon.png.67b7c67999607932fe436cd148ae81aa.png

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Saanim said:

Again a misinformation, twisting my post. There was not my opinion. 

But yes, I was aided by my wife when being with her at the local market where she paid 50% of the price - listed on the board of the market woman, both of them making some trick with their mobiles when paid.  And that not at one table only.

No, I do not have any link, why should I? Do you have any link that Thai govt does not provide any beneficiary actions due to the Covid pandemia? (And please spare me the "links" to statements in this forum).

BTW, I am wondering why this forum is not keen on deletions of misinformation about Thai govt as it is sensitive on any misinformation re Covid? After all, we are living in this country, so any misinformation is very harmful, isn't it?    

So we have to accept your word as gospel with nothing to back it up. You may well be pumping out misinformation but without any link or additional proof who do we know if what you are saying is true and correct?

If you are so keen on deletion of misinformation then contact the moderators and ask them to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sitanonchai said:

Incumbent, shouldn't it be incompetent?

PM Prayut is not posing as a PM. He IS the PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

2022-02-20_15h56_23.pngEdited 2 hours ago by jerrymahoney

And how did Prayuth become the PM?

There actually was an election scheduled but perhaps Prayuth thought that he could not win in a free and fair election so he activated a takeover that not many days before he swore would never happen.

He also did not hold an election for 5 years which was not possible under the old constitution which was torn up and a new one written (in his favour). Senators who used to be elected were replaced by ones chosen by Prayuth.

Politicians not liked by Prayuth were banned, a political party was shut down after the election and 6 million voters were disenfranchised, and still Prayuth was not freely elected as PM but "chosen" but the coalitions biggest political party.

At the next "election" he will still not stand for a constituency seat and if the current lot are still around he "may" be re-appointed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, itsari said:

I can not imagine that Thailand would be considered number one in the world for anything but prostitution. Prostitution does not exist in the country  say the Thai Police .

However the Thai authorities have made a good effort in the fight against covid 19 .

There testing has and has been weak to say the least .

The Thai Government has allowed Immigration  the covid extensions that have helped many foreigners plus my self . First class there apart from the cat and mouse game every 2 months . 

The Thai Government were slow of the mark with there vaccination program . They were far from the only country to be guilty of that . Australia for example were woefully slow and incompetent which Thailand could be just considered  slow of the mark .

Vaccination choice was limited from the start of the vaccination program . Many critics surrounding sinovac that over time has proved to be the only choice they had from the beginning . I think the critics were 100 percent wrong .

I would like to congratulate the Thai Government for providing vaccines for foreigners . I received vaccines free of charge . Again there was much criticism and panic from some foreigners about being eligible to receive the vaccines added with the incorrect notion that sinovac was not worth having to put it politely .

I also received 2 Pfizer inoculations for free. but I believe that they were donated free from the USA.

Do you have any idea how the AZ program is getting on? They have been very quiet of late,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chieftan said:

Additionally, UK HSA reports new covid case rates are higher in vaccinated people in all age cohorts except <18 years. web-source

Reports by Scotland and NSW Au show similar trends for new cases and deaths. The data is becoming so controversial that Public Health Scotland (PHS) will no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. The latest report in Scotland shows covid death rates are HIGHER in *fully vaccinated  (2 doses) than the non vaccinated. websource Table 15, pg 47

Basic maths, I'm surprised you present data without the context and interpretation of the vaccination status, from the UKHSA report and the direct advice of the report itself. Its clearly there in black and white.

image.png.f67faeb13a9396cb4802e50a9b8f3c00.png

You are correct, Public Health Scotland is withdrawing the weekly publication of the number of Covid deaths by vaccination status. However its because of people like you taking it out of context, and misrepresenting it.

Anti-vax 'misinformation' forces official block on Scots Covid deaths data

PHS has stated that the data in the report was never to be used as a measure of vaccine effectiveness but it is now aware of "inappropriate use and misinterpretation of the data when taken in isolation without fully understanding the limitations..."

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19932203.anti-vax-misinformation-forces-official-block-scots-covid-deaths-data/

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So we have to accept your word as gospel with nothing to back it up. You may well be pumping out misinformation but without any link or additional proof who do we know if what you are saying is true and correct?

Who is "we"? And accepting my word as "gospel with nothing to back up"?  Is every "gospel" we read here backed by a link?  Haven't I mentioned here few good examples? Unlike your "examples"?  

Obviously you are not able to google or ask around rather than embarrass yourself by your ignorance.  I suppose that many wives/GF's do not really trumpet the benefits they are enjoying from Thai govt being afraid to get shortened their allowance from her falang husband/BF. Or might be that they are not so bright to know that. 

They are lot of knowledge for Thai people on various Thai sources with possibility to download the necessary applications, for both the buyers and food sellers. Of course, the benefits have certain limits and conditions.

Anyway, even in English anybody can try to google , e.g. :  "thai government, covid-19 benefits"  or "thai government, covid-19 relief measures"...   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2