Anutin: Thailand's handling of the pandemic "best in the world"

webfact

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

However its because of people like you taking it out of context, and misrepresenting it

If you're referring to me please do show what I "take out of context" and "misrepresent".

Post here and show once and for all what exactly is out of context and misrepresented. Hurry up, waiting for your reply.

2 minutes ago, chieftan said:

If you're referring to me please do show what I "take out of context" and "misrepresent".

Post here and show once and for all what exactly is out of context and misrepresented. Hurry up, waiting for your reply.

In my post, quote it all, it’s there………quick enough for you? ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chieftan said:

Silly games u like to play but insist on gaslighting yourself into a corner. Where is the misinformation and context you mention....you need to put up or shut up.

That’s one way to deflect, the other is to respond to my original post but this time quoting it in full…..quick quick, I’m waiting for you. 

no shutting up from me, sorry….lol 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That’s one way to deflect, the other is to respond to my original post but this time quoting it in full…..quick quick, I’m waiting for you. 

You forget quick too. You mention this "misinformation" but sadly nothing I have posted here EVER is misinformation and you and many others have failed every step to show where I have posted anything that is misinformation. It's not about being quick, or a cut and paster like you, but having the factual information here in plain view which evidently destroys you, your narrative and likely puts a dent in your ego.

As I said, prove me to be the purveyor on misinformation and I will retract, you can't though and that's just to damn sad for u.

Just now, chieftan said:

No, don't shut up, BUT please prove your claims of "misinformation". Can you show us all here all the misinformation, maybe you're wrong, can you for a moment consider that, .....I didn't think so.

Ok, so bring it on, prove your misinformation rhetoric.

Just now, chieftan said:

You forget quick too. You mention this "misinformation" but sadly nothing I have posted here EVER is misinformation and you and many others have failed every step to show where I have posted anything that is misinformation. It's not about being quick, or a cut and paster like you, but having the factual information here in plain view which evidently destroys you, your narrative and likely puts a dent in your ego.

As I said, prove me to be the purveyor on misinformation and I will retract, you can't though and that's just to damn sad for u.

How predictable, yet the evidence of your misleading post is highlighted in my original reply to you, try again by actually reading it, when you’ve managed that initial step, quote it in full to me and I’ll be happy to get back to you again. Until then adios and please refrain from further misleading posts.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19934059.covid-scotland-cases-cited-us-senate-claims-vaccines-not-working/

You and your chums look to have been caught out again with misrepresenting facts.

Don't forget i couldn't care less if you get vaccinated or not, i do care if you take up a bed for someone who could have used it but for your selfishness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

How predictable, yet the evidence of your misleading post is highlighted in my original reply to you, try again by actually reading it, when you’ve managed that initial step, quote it in full to me and I’ll be happy to get back to you again. Until then adios and please refrain from further misleading posts.

yeah, as stated, you can't backup your words, your accusations. I understand nobody likes to called out for their failures., too bad for you. My posts, claims, information, etc stand as unchallenged, non-refuted, no debunking zone. Sadly you and others zero in on the messenger (me in this case) and ignore the issues, the message. I'm not sorry for that, but you can fight the truth with your weakness and words, so, once again prove me the purveyor of misinformation.

4 minutes ago, chieftan said:

yeah, as stated, you can't backup your words, your accusations. I understand nobody likes to called out for their failures., too bad for you. My posts, claims, information, etc stand as unchallenged, non-refuted, no debunking zone. Sadly you and others zero in on the messenger (me in this case) and ignore the issues, the message. I'm not sorry for that, but you can fight the truth with your weakness and words, so, once again prove me the purveyor of misinformation.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19934059.covid-scotland-cases-cited-us-senate-claims-vaccines-not-working/

You just lost.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, chieftan said:

My words were backed up in my original post to you along with direct evidence and link, you fail to quote it or even acknowledge it. Next time you and your internet friends dig up some data and post it without context, misrepresenting the facts behind it, I suggest you be ready to be challenged on it again. ????

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

It has nothing to do with Covid-tests - or what khun Anutin do or if he is liked - the statistics numbers that matters are death per million and excess death per 100,000; Thailand is doing all right in both compared to other countries.

You seem confused.

if there were zero tests conducted, then deaths per million would be zero.

if there were 100,000 tests per day, then the number of reported infections would be very high.

Anutin has chosen to test closer to zero than to 100,000 per day. Therefore, you think Thailand is doing well.

• Like 2

It should come as no surprise why covid stats based on vax status is not compiled in the US, and published.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sounding much like a former poster who has returned and is again attacking the same members....

who, little ole me?

You mention attacking, can you give some context to "attacking the same members".

I admit nor deny anything, but maybe some members object to free speech and some "expression" and you, and others see this as attacks?

Pretty soft aren't we?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You forgot to read your own article, which is about why the data in Scotland should not be relied on.

You lose.

More to the point, even if the data from Scotland were accurate, it’s just one country. You can always find a point of time in any country where the data supports you.

It should come as no surprise why covid stats based on vax status is not compiled in the US, and published.

who, little ole me?

You mention attacking, can you give some context to "attacking the same members".

I admit nor deny anything, but maybe some members object to free speech and some "expression" and you, and others see this as attacks?

Pretty soft aren't we?

What you can’t explain is why the vast majority of Covid deaths in the US are unvaccinated. 

i get it, you’re a deadender anti-vaxx type. So you gain pleasure from posting misleading data or just lies, because you think that lying about vaccines is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

From the quoted article:

The skewing effect of overestimating the size of the unvaccinated population - potentially by as much as 50% - used for the "per 100,000" denominator becomes more pronounced as the prevalence of the virus increases, as it did to record levels with Omicron.”.

in other words, the data used in Scotland is not accurate.

Vaccines save lives.

How about the raw data then, what's is "skewing effect" attribute?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You forgot to read your own article, which is about why the data in Scotland should not be relied on.

You lose.

More to the point, even if the data from Scotland were accurate, it’s just one country. You can always find a point of time in any country where the data supports you.

The articles all explain how the figures can be twisted.

You just quoted from them above.

You lose. Again.

You add nothing but stir plenty.

You can be quaranteed to add zero to any debate, let alone one that doesn't concern you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You lose.

"Similar patterns are being seen other countries including England and Ontario in Canada, but PHS officials stress that it has been misunderstood."

????

• Haha 1

How about the raw data then, what's is "skewing effect" attribute?

You clearly don’t understand the article you posted. Apparently, when your internet friends sent you the link, you were so eager to post it, you didn’t bother to internalize it.

Deaths per million as a statistic requires an accurate denominator, in this case, the raw number of unvaccinateds. The problem is that Scotland does not have a good handle on the number of unvaccinated Scots, so they admit the published data is inaccurate.

Since your position here is based on inaccurate data, you lose.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What you can’t explain is why the vast majority of Covid deaths in the US are unvaccinated. 

Lol....cannot, the data is not published. I have only seen it published for UK, Scotland and a few other locations. So, I have no reason to dispute it, but only try to find the cause of the differences between some locations.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So you gain pleasure from posting misleading data or just lies, because you think that lying about vaccines is a good thing.

That's just goofy silly comments emanating from the same.

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

"Similar patterns are being seen other countries including England and Ontario in Canada, but PHS officials stress that it has been misunderstood."

????

If you have any doubts, the number of Covid deaths among the unvaccinated is many times that of the vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

During October–November, unvaccinated persons had 13.9 and 53.2 times the risks for infection and COVID-19–associated death, respectively, compared with fully vaccinated persons who received booster doses, and 4.0 and 12.7 times the risks compared with fully vaccinated persons without booster doses. 

Do you disagree?

Edited by Danderman123

Lol....cannot, the data is not published. I have only seen it published for UK, Scotland and a few other locations. So, I have no reason to dispute it, but only try to find the cause of the differences between some locations.

That's just goofy silly comments emanating from the same.

The Scotland Health Service says the data is inaccurate. Do you disagree with them?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Scotland does not have a good handle on the number of unvaccinated Scots, so they admit the published data is inaccurate.

Ok, so is it safe to assume the data is wrong and should be ignored and basically deemed unacceptable. Nah, I don't think so. If your assertions are so critical then why did they report the numbers, Scotland has capable data folks I'm quite certain.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chieftan said:

Ok, so is it safe to assume the data is wrong and should be ignored and basically deemed unacceptable. Nah, I don't think so. If your assertions are so critical then why did they report the numbers, Scotland has capable data folks I'm quite certain.

Scotland has stopped reporting this data, because it was inaccurate.

The problem here has nothing to do with vaccines, and everything to do with you not understanding your linked article.

Meanwhile, the CDC reports that unvaccinated people are up to 53 times more likely to die from Covid. Do you disagree with the CDC?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

Getting back to the topic, Vietnam has consistently reported case numbers about double Thailand’s numbers, which makes sense given its larger population and better testing. The problem is that Vietnam’s case numbers are spiking up right now. I suspect Thailand may follow.

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you disagree?

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Scotland has stopped reporting this data, because it was inaccurate.

Where do they say the data is inaccurate?

Due to the increasing risk of misinterpretation from growing complexities as the COVID-19 pandemic enters its second year (as described below), PHS has taken the decision to no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. PHS is currently reviewing the content and frequency of reporting this information. PHS will continue to communicate up to date and high quality research on COVID-19 vaccines. Evidence suggests the COVID-19 vaccine is effective at reducing the risk of a severe outcome, such as hospitalisation when infected, however no vaccine is 100% effective and some COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths may still occur, particularly in vulnerable populations. PHS, in collaboration with partners such as the EAVE II

https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/media/11763/22-02-16-covid19-winter_publication_report.pdf

Edited by chieftan

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Getting back to the topic, Vietnam has consistently reported case numbers about double Thailand’s numbers, which makes sense given its larger population and better testing. The problem is that Vietnam’s case numbers are spiking up right now. I suspect Thailand may follow.

Yes, I think that's to be expected as the vaccines wane, that trend has become quite common. The booster bumps up protection against BA.1/2.

12 minutes ago, chieftan said:

Where do they say the data is inaccurate?

Due to the increasing risk of misinterpretation from growing complexities as the COVID-19 pandemic enters its second year (as described below), PHS has taken the decision to no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. PHS is currently reviewing the content and frequency of reporting this information. PHS will continue to communicate up to date and high quality research on COVID-19 vaccines. Evidence suggests the COVID-19 vaccine is effective at reducing the risk of a severe outcome, such as hospitalisation when infected, however no vaccine is 100% effective and some COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths may still occur, particularly in vulnerable populations. PHS, in collaboration with partners such as the EAVE II

https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/media/11763/22-02-16-covid19-winter_publication_report.pdf

From the quoted article:

The skewing effect of overestimating the size of the unvaccinated population - potentially by as much as 50% - used for the "per 100,000" denominator becomes more pronounced as the prevalence of the virus increases, as it did to record levels with Omicron.”.

Meanwhile, the CDC reports that unvaccinated people are up to 53 times more likely to die from Covid. Do you disagree with the CDC?

Edited by Danderman123