Anutin: Thailand's handling of the pandemic "best in the world"

webfact

On 2/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, sammieuk1 said:

We have talked the virus to death is what he is saying ????

yer his government stopped buying some vaccines months ago guess that what he is trying to say, but private people took up buying them instead and are still selling them how do I know because I bought some and still have a three week wait

so good response to pandemic, that the government had to charge opposition leader MP thanathorn with lese majeste for exposing huge fail of vaccination program.

if not donated pfizer from the usa, sinovac from china and some AZ from the UK, Korea and Bhutan, expats in thailand would still be waiting until now for their first jab.

many expats decided to get vaxed abroad, instead of waiting for dr A Nut In offering them any leftovers. Often at great expense of travel unvaccinated and quarantined for 14+14 days at special hotels.

Some expats are refused any boosters, despite being in a risk group.

Dr A Nut In has started already his election campaign a long time ago. It's the second time he boasted about thailand (and so him) being the best.

His ego get boosted now with the former flower minister thammanat prompow being invited to join bhumjaithai party, chaired by the very dr A Nut in. With more defector MP's coming from the ruling PPP, his party might well be pivotal in the next government. Switching sides from an opposition to ruling coalition is nothing for marihuana mafia from buriram province.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:35 AM, smedly said:

is this ## having a laugh

listing all the things they did right would be a very short list - lets start with vaccines and go from there, then closely followed by testing and let's not exclude being open and honest with the public

delusional this man thinks he did anything

I have no trouble with the 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:51 AM, Misterwhisper said:

What an obnoxious, arrogant, deluded, narcissistic and self-aggrandizing man. He disgusts me.

Good job!

Millions out of work.

Crime sharply increasing.

Xenophobia on the rise.

Households ever deeper in debt.

A once flourishing tourism industry destroyed to the point of non-recovery.

Should I go on?

Same in many countries . Look at America,UK.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Then prove him wrong using provable facts and figures plus the links to go with them.

Few days ago I mentioned here few things about various benefits the Thai govt provide for their citizens how I got it from  my wife who makes use of it.  And there is much more than I could point out. 

Who wants to know can inform himself and can ask around. 

But if somebody prefers the usual lamenting as hugely available here...   

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Few days ago I mentioned here few things about various benefits the Thai govt provide for their citizens how I got it from  my wife who makes use of it.  And there is much more than I could point out. 

Who wants to know can inform himself and can ask around. 

But if somebody prefers the usual lamenting as hugely available here...   

So it was just your opinion, aided by your wife. It is worth the same as anybody else who cannot provide any links. it then simply becomes an opinion.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You do understand that Anutin has chosen to reduce testing so that the numbers don't look so bad. 

It has nothing to do with Covid-tests - or what khun Anutin do or if he is liked - the statistics numbers that matters are death per million and excess death per 100,000; Thailand is doing all right in both compared to other countries.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thailand was appauling at its vaccine procurement

Very much so! Here in Cambodia, the country signed up to the Covax Facility whereas dithering Thailand did not. We were literally "flooded" with vaccines, mostly from China, but at least a free nationwide vaccination program was soon instigated back in those early days and still continues to this day.  

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You keep missing the boosters which you graph does not show. Like I said, check official sources next time. 

Boosters are not (yet) to my knowledge part of the official stats used to compare countries - fully vaccinated is defined as two jabs - if you have a graph including them, please share it...????

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It has nothing to do with Covid-tests - or what khun Anutin do or if he is liked - the statistics numbers that matters are death per million and excess death per 100,000; Thailand is doing all right in both compared to other countries.

Please do not refer to him as Khun. That is way more respect than he deserves. He is a failure as a health minister, and he is a huckster. He deserves only scorn and humiliation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Very much so! Here in Cambodia, the country signed up to the Covax Facility whereas dithering Thailand did not. We were literally "flooded" with vaccines, mostly from China, but at least a free nationwide vaccination program was soon instigated back in those early days.  

This is just one area where Anutin and Prayuth failed. The level of hubris, the lack of vision, the lack of leadership, the general lack of intelligence and foresight demonstrated by this refusal, is reason enough for not only their resignation, but the revocation of their passports, and their exile from this country. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, sammieuk1 said:

We have talked the virus to death is what he is saying ????

Well in that case, he can get together with the other Chuckle Brother and open up the country.

OHHHH! Wait!! Just a minute, brown envelopes and protesting students again spring to mind.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Boosters are not (yet) to my knowledge part of the official stats used to compare countries - fully vaccinated is defined as two jabs - if you have a graph including them, please share it...????

Do you need a graph when you already have the official source in the links????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Meanwhile, Thailand's cases are on the rise.

Yes, Thailand's new case rate is 236/million (7 day r-AV), UK's new case rate is 686/million (almost 3X Thailand), UK's covid death rate is 6X higher than Thailand, (2.23/M vs. .36/M in Thailand-FEB 17/2022)

Web-source: Death rate, Case rate

Additionally, UK HSA reports new covid case rates are higher in vaccinated people in all age cohorts except <18 years. web-source

Reports by Scotland and NSW Au show similar trends for new cases and deaths. The data is becoming so controversial that Public Health Scotland (PHS) will no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. The latest report in Scotland shows covid death rates are HIGHER in *fully vaccinated  (2 doses) than the non vaccinated. websource Table 15, pg 47

I don't see any trolling and false data submitted here by a particular poster here who has provided reputable data sources. You seem to NOT want to accept facts as facts.

In closing, consider as an example the exploits of a particular country,  that has some of the the best scientific minds, best medicine, the mRNA vaccines, financial resources... yet, it has over 930K Covid deaths, (16% of the worlds total despite having only 4% of the total world population) still have 2,000+ daily deaths with many break through cases, how does that country compare to Thailand?

* FYI, US considers two dose vaccine (2 week waiting period after 2nd shot) as "fully vaccinated) and 3rd shot booster as "up to date" web-source link

• Confused 3