webfact

9 hours ago, 2long said:

146th

1 & 46

4+6 = 10

So we have 1 + 10

1x0 = 0

So we have 1 and a zero, and the zero doesn't count for anything

Therefore we are left with 1, 1st, the best.

It's simple! ????

Sorry but i have to correct you. Its a 1 and 0 in terms of bites. We are the best or we are not. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing to do with the flu being a factor, there was little or no flu in every country in the world including Thailand that put in place covid measures. The fact is excess deaths proves that Denmark was able to capture far more covid deaths than Thailand in its official count due to its testing and puts into perspective the true cost in Thailand for mortality.

You should try to check the Danish news then.

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You might want to look at excess deaths in Thailand and how rigourous death certification by a doctor is.

In other words, more creative accounting in the land of zero testing.

Amazing how many people are taken in by these conmen.

Not a significant change, have you looked for excess deaths in for example Italy and USA, Italy is number 2 in number of Covid test per million population.

5 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

If a country has one of the worst percentages of tests per million, wouldn't that make their statistics on COVID related deaths likely to be understated vs countries with high rates of testing and reporting credibility?

Then number of excess deaths during the Covid pandemic should be significant higher, they are not, while excess deaths are significant higher in for example USA and Italy, which is number 2 on the list of Covid-test per million population.

8 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

You must believe the Thai governments figures regarding deaths due to Covid. Like most things in Thailand it is all a lie designed to save face.

Subjective comment about what one believes in - which is alright - but what one believes in, or what things looks like, are not facts. I don't mention what I think...

I guess that's why these morons would give themselves total amnesty for their handling of the pandemic..

The 27th of November I shared an article; An interesting article from Bloomberg covering 53 countries and their resilience in dealing with Covid, (Thailand is on a shameful #51.) 

If you're interested you can find the article my FB Group Thailand

The Best and Worst Places to Be as Covid Reopening Gathers Pace

5 hours ago, Bvor said:

........and would have performed even better if not for Khun Anutins self indulgent bumblings.

TIT well known corrupt fudgings would surely make their "official" statistics self serving deceit. 

Perhaps, we don't know.

3 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

The problem with all those figures is the West labelled just about everyone who dies as as covid death to keep the fear hyped up, whereas Thailand did the opposite to try and look good. Hence the vast difference in figures. You could not get a test in rural Thailand for love or money how on Earth would they be able to know if someone died of covid or not and who would bother to report it as such.

You might have some excellent points there, but how do we know if that is the truth, and how many numbers have that been manipulated..?

Some Western countries counted death as "Covid", if a person had tested positive within the last 30 days before death, no matter what was the actual course for death.

I've also noticed details about Covid-reported death in Thailand, where it has been stated that the deceased person had other underlying symptoms.

Excess number of deaths during the Covid pandemic gives a better impression, however there is not a significant higher number recorded of excess deaths in Thailand, while other countries have, for example USA and Italy.

The point is that various facts show that Thailand has not performed so bad health-wise during the Covid-pandemic, when compared to other countries.

23 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You need to take off your rose tinted glasses.

Numerous posts on this forum about Thailand's excess deaths.

First you bring in influenza as a red herring and then think that people even where tested for covid before they passed away.

I'm looking at available facts, nothing else.

Influenza is a very valid point related to the Danish numbers - and only mentioned there - which you will notice if you search in Danish news. Denmark was relevant to compare with because of the significant high number of Covid tests.

What is the number of excess death in Thailand?

When you look at the number then it's significant lower than a in number of Western countries, try to compare with for example Italy and USA.

Saying that Italy and USA has performed well would be looking through rose tinted glasses.

A fact based on postings in this thread is that numerous foreigners don't fancy khun Anutin, and that is all right, but it's not facts about Thailand's health performance during the pandemic...????

32 minutes ago, candide said:

Only if you believe official numbers. The number of excess deaths is around the triple of the official Covid deaths number.

But still lower than Word average and many other countries (image repeated from a earlier post of mine above)...

excess-deaths-cumulative-per-100k-economist.thumb.png.aac10a5510e2c67420f8f4cc4d9c1024.png

Why are they testing 3x vaccinated foreign travelers but not testing local population in the span of 10 days?

like park entry fees, we have a prejudice two tier system in place…

eliminate 2 of the tests…

As to the usa, it has a very unhealthy population where 40%  meet the definition of obese…

omicron numbers in CA have dropped 90% yet it’s death rate remains the same - 200 daily deaths….why? obese, older age, various and serious underlying health conditions and almost 100% unvaccinated…

this will reduce future health care costs for this sub population as they are prematurely dying vs dying in the near future with even greater HC costs…

a good cost savings for the government as we are talking mostly Medicaid and Medicare recipients…

Edited by cardinalblue

44 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Here's some facts, UK tested over 1 million people a day.

Thailand about 40,000 proactive tests.

You believe any figures that come out of a country with that amount of testing?

You can insult your own intelligence but don't insult mine.

Number of performed tests are useless for comparison, try to compare UK with Denmark.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

You should try to check the Danish news then.

Why? To make a comparison with Denmark and Thailand for flu then you can only do that if you have Thailands numbers as well. Otherwise its pure speculation. Try some facts next time.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Number of performed tests are useless for comparison, try to compare UK with Denmark.

Your just deflecting.

There was hardly any influenza in the UK because of restrictions.

You believe Thailand's published facts, most of us think their incomplete BS.

Live in your fantasy world.

Thailand ranked third to last.

Absymal vaccine rollout and. economic support 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-ranked-3rd-to-last-worldwide-on-covid-19-handling

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, khunPer said:

But still lower than Word average and many other countries (image repeated from a earlier post of mine above)...

excess-deaths-cumulative-per-100k-economist.thumb.png.aac10a5510e2c67420f8f4cc4d9c1024.png

As everyone knows, there was nearly no pandemic in Thailand in 2020, for unknown reason (possibly some form of immunity acquired from related CVs in SEA), so comparing cumulative numbers since 2020 is irrelevant.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Excess number of deaths during the Covid pandemic gives a better impression, however there is not a significant higher number recorded of excess deaths in Thailand, while other countries have, for example USA and Italy.

This is not true. I have provided the graph and the source in a previous post. Since April 2021, the start of the pandemic, the number of excess deaths compared to 2020 is around the triple of the official number of Covid deaths during the same period.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, smedly said:

Lets not forget that Thai media operate under a threat of prosecution if they challenge the official line or deviate - there is no free press here

funny, Trump was trying to prosecute the press too, and this clown looks to be Thailand's Trump. 'everything' this builder does is 'always' the 'best' when it comes out of his mouth!  I'll bet big money he cheats on his taxes too????