Franchise Oppurtunity

Hi all

I am at the point of doing some research in regards to a business franchise that operates worldwide. The business is involved with small and large business supplies. On my last trip to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam eight weeks ago, I spoke to alot of people who owned or have owned businesses in Thailand and some of them said that they moved business due to the political unrest and laws that dont protect foreigners.

I would like to hear the plusses and negatives from people on this forum, I have been reading this forum over the last year and have gained some great information from it. Now it is getting to the stage where I need to make a decision, to either come to Thailand with a proven franchise or look to either Vietnam or Cambodia with the same business.

Thanks in advance

Steve

not ever been involved in franchising.....lol.

dont you think you need to give more details if you really want good advice.

if its a proven thing you need not worry about people stealing your idea.

Blizzard, when looking at these businesses you sign a confidentiality agreement, I will abide by what I signed and therefore not disclose the business name. Why do I need to give details of the business, all I asked for was some feedback pertaining to the current climate of operating a business in Thailand.

...all I asked for was some feedback pertaining to the current climate of operating a business in Thailand.

In my opinion, the climate is good for some types of business and less good for other types of business. It is good for some types of franchise business and less good for other types of franchise business.

For some types of business, location is very important, for other types less so.

For all types of business, the know-how and business acumen of the manager, the quality of the staff and the quality of the service or goods being sold is important.

--

Maestro

Maestro

Thanks for the reply, luckily the location of the franchise is not that important, but in saying that, good exposure always helps. Its the type of business that has many repeat customers and minimal shop size is required.And as with anything the business is only as good as the staff that are employed.

Steve

Maestro

Thanks for the reply, luckily the location of the franchise is not that important, but in saying that, good exposure always helps. Its the type of business that has many repeat customers and minimal shop size is required.And as with anything the business is only as good as the staff that are employed.

Steve

You could be peddling sex toys from a world-wide chain and have repeat customers, who knows.

What Maestro said is as much as you can get without telling what the business is.

The nonsense like "And as with anything the business is only as good as the staff that are employed." tells you don't understand the basics.

The customers are the greatest asset of any business.

to put it simply then. if you good business man climate is good . if you bad business man climate not good.

what maestro trying to say is nothing. you give to little info to make any kind of judgemrnt..................lol.

do large supplies fit in minimal shop size..............lol.

business can be so entertaining. do they make you sign confidential agreement just to do research.

i think like you think too mut........................LOL.

i never operate a business and i seem to know more than those that do......................lol.

ps . i do believe that if a person has to get info about business on a free forum the person might not be a good candidate for running a business that makes money.

Edited by blizzard

Obviously Blizzard and Think too mut are twins and are both mensturating at the same time. Where do you weeners get off, I asked a simple question and you two try hards come on and talk shit.

Adio, moron

Oooopsss,for this comment I almost got suspended before,so watch your words..........

maybe the OP does not want to tell his business cause it will distract us on something,so it could be a go go bar.Also needs hard working woman....But to get a bit serious,that at the moment Vietnam has a more friendly and better business environment ,based on big enterprises their comments and earnings.But in the longterm Thailand always will be attractive.But again the OP should tell some more details ,if not there will be no real advise.

Obviously Blizzard and Think too mut are twins and are both mensturating at the same time. Where do you weeners get off, I asked a simple question and you two try hards come on and talk shit.

I sypathise with you for the ridiculous, non-sensical answers you have recieived.  What Maestro said was only verging on common sense  - as he sees things - but didnt answer your question.  I think you were looking for opinions on the current climate towards foreigners doing buisines in Thailand.  Well in my opinion there are many reasons to avoid doing buisiness in Thailand :  1) new foriegn buisiness act  2)  Strong Baht  3) unstable

political situation  4) tightening of visa rules  5)  current anti ferang sentiment

google any of the above

I sypathise with you for the ridiculous, non-sensical answers you have recieived.  What Maestro said was only verging on common sense  - as he sees things - but didnt answer your question.  I think you were looking for opinions on the current climate towards foreigners doing buisines in Thailand.  Well in my opinion there are many reasons to avoid doing buisiness in Thailand :  1) new foriegn buisiness act  2)  Strong Baht  3) unstable

political situation  4) tightening of visa rules  5)  current anti ferang sentiment

google any of the above

Good point!

You could be peddling sex toys from a world-wide chain and have repeat customers, who knows.

What Maestro said is as much as you can get without telling what the business is.

The nonsense like "And as with anything the business is only as good as the staff that are employed." tells you don't understand the basics.

The customers are the greatest asset of any business.

[/quote

I think you have it wrong with your comment about "The customers are the greatest asset of any business " and saying it is nonsense. Sure they are the end result and once obtained they need to be taken care of but how do you find your customers and how do you retain them ? It always goes back to good management and staff.

Most markets are very compeditive offering the same product and a lot of them probably for around about the same price. So besides the product what makes the difference ? The staff does, If you dont have the right staff to look after your business and supply the service that goes along with your product unless of course you have a world monopoly on it your customers will go to your oposition.

I don't think you can blame most posters for being skeptical. Whenever anyone comes on a public forum and starts talking about franchise opportunities, the first thing that comes to mind are the pyramid scams of the past. Most of us have seen many of them come and go and only the people who start up the scams make/made money. Good luck, you're going to need it.

I sypathise with you for the ridiculous, non-sensical answers you have recieived. What Maestro said was only verging on common sense - as he sees things - but didnt answer your question. I think you were looking for opinions on the current climate towards foreigners doing buisines in Thailand. Well in my opinion there are many reasons to avoid doing buisiness in Thailand : 1) new foriegn buisiness act 2) Strong Baht 3) unstable

political situation 4) tightening of visa rules 5) current anti ferang sentiment

google any of the above

I totally agree with all of the above. And you know what, I don't think any of the above will change any time soon... It has been this way for the past 30 years that I have been coming to/and living in Thailand. Sorry, not good news.