Tourism Ministry Sets Targets for Entering Saudi Markets, Attracting Visitors

webfact

9 hours ago, desert dueller said:

The Delmon? Full of Chinese and Thai hookers.

That is the one, although when I was there I think Eastern Europeans (or Western Asians) were involved.... nothing like a bit of variety. 

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you claiming that prayer time would be instituted in THAILAND? That's obviously not true if so, but if you mean for Thais in Saudi the Thais won't have to go pray. It's just a case of hanging around for a while during prayer time. However, they may have to work behind closed doors. We didn't stop working in the hospital just because of prayer time.

While you were working in the Saudi hospital, did they remove your sense of humour, or did it just stop working?

9 hours ago, desert dueller said:

The Delmon? Full of Chinese and Thai hookers.

Forget the name of bar attached to the Delmon Hotel, they had a good live filipino band. The Thai hookers were chased off by the Chinese girls. So many hookers you had to chase them off the bar seats. So many old, ugly chinese mercenary hookers.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has set goals for penetrating various markets in Saudi Arabia and attracting Saudi travelers to Thailand.

Desperation sets in.

First the Chinese, then target the Swedes, then the French, then the Russians, then Indians, then digital nomads, now Saudis... have they missed anyone?

Instead of "targeting" people why not cut the BS at the entry points. allow people to come in and travel, cut the gouging, the double pricing , the inward bound tax, then maybe just maybe people will come freely.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

You have probably never been on the causeway to Bahrain on a Thursday night. Rammed solid with Saudis going over for a weekends debauchery.

I used to drink with the Saudi chargé d'affaires in the early 2000's in Bangkok, he was as bad as the rest of them. 

18 hours ago, vandeventer said:

You mean the Grace Hotel? That's where they use to stay and hang out in the coffee shop on the bottom floor.

The Grace Hotel coffee shop was legendary in the late 90's and early 00's, arguably better than Thermae. I recall when they opened a disco down there in 2002 or 2003? Wall to wall with freelancers until 5am.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, desert dueller said:

Btw, they've been coming to TH for years, via KL or other s/overs. My staff knew all about Ptya and the now defunct Walking Street.

Any Saudi that was caught with a Thai stamp in their passport on the way back into the country was arrested by the religious Police. 

I can't recall how they were getting around it but the chargé d'affaires did tell me. 

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Now I understand why all the bars are closed; so as not to offend the millions of Saudis.

Hence my earlier comment about the Thai government wanting non-drinkers and those that abstain from extra-marital sex to visit. 

Went over the heads of many it seems. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Hence my earlier comment about the Thai government wanting non-drinkers and those that abstain from extra-marital sex to visit. 

Went over the heads of many it seems. 

I merely sought to reinforce your comment with a little irony.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Any Saudi that was caught with a Thai stamp in their passport on the way back into the country was arrested by the religious Police. 

I can't recall how they were getting around it but the chargé d'affaires did tell me. 

Many of the Saudis I knew that came here did so on so called "business trips". More of them used to fly to Goa, Karachi, or Lahore, then on to Thailand Not sure how they got rid of the entry stamp though, possibly water damage? Also, many of the Military told me if they were caught with a Thai stamp they would be banned from any foreign travel for five years. Mind you, I still used to bump into them in bars such as the old Golden Bar at the Nana Hotel.......Their faces used to be a picture when I strolled up and greeted them.....:wink: