Sokha mocks ex-colleagues who spout rhetoric from abroad

geovalin

Former opposition leader Kem Sokha has fired an apparent barb at his ex-colleagues in the court-dissolved Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP), including former president Sam Rainsy, who are living abroad. In a Facebook post, Sokha said these politicians should be back in Cambodia to share the joys and sorrows of the people instead of spouting inciting rethoric which harms them.

On Sunday, Kem Sokha, former president of the opposition party CNRP, wrote on his Facebook page: “With my spirit of loving the country and its people, my intention is to make them live in peace and prosperity. As a leader, although my possibility and freedom are still limited, I still think that staying in the motherland and being with the people without running away from them and leaving them in a mess is the best choice.”

He is free on bail, with court set restrictions, as his trial for treason continues at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court. Sokha also said that he understands that several Cambodians are still supporting his political stance and some countries respect him as a politician.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501029190/sokha-mocks-ex-colleagues-who-spout-rhetoric-from-abroad/

33886.jpg.c8c39e6081d32c47680ae4f70deb9ff7.jpg