Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Great project management and planning:

Several Russian soldiers in Chernobyl have fallen sick with radiation sickness after digging trenches in contaminated forests.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/russian-soldiers-in-chernobyl-suffering-from-radiation-poisoning/news-story/d98c53269a9602841331453438c482dd

geniuses at work

Russia threatens Wikipedia with 4 million ruble fine for articles about Russia's invasion.

Telegram post by "Roskomnadzor" https://t.me/rkn_tg/226 (in Russian)

Russia claims oil depot fire in Belgorod started after Ukrainian airstrike

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/1/7336235/

and there is right now Maria Butina being butchered on BBC.
she is blabbing out one lie after another and don't get away with it.

Edited by tgw
  • Sad 1

Sick Russian soldiers flee Chernobyl

Russian troops have pulled out of Chernobyl and handed control back to Ukrainian authorities after soldiers suffered acute radiation sickness from digging trenches in contaminated soil.

Energoatom, Ukraine’s state nuclear energy company, said that soldiers had received “significant doses of radiation” after they constructed trench fortifications in the Red Forest, a highly toxic area surrounding the defunct plant.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sick-russian-soldiers-seen-fleeing-chernobyl-ztcwvgzwg

wot barane

44 minutes ago, tgw said:

geniuses at work

I read that the Russian soldiers who took Chernobyl had no idea where they were, and that they went through and stayed in the highest radiation areas without knowing what they were doing. I think it’s fair to say that most Russian soldiers were (are?) totally unaware of where they are and what they are doing in Ukraine. 

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I read that the Russian soldiers who took Chernobyl had no idea where they were, and that they went through and stayed in the highest radiation areas without knowing what they were doing. I think it’s fair to say that most Russian soldiers were (are?) totally unaware of where they are and what they are doing in Ukraine. 

military officers unaware of where they are?

does that sound realistic to anyone who has done some time in the military?

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

military officers unaware of where they are?

does that sound realistic to anyone who has done some time in the military?

From what I've read about the Russian military it is believable that the enlisted, including the NCO's, weren't told anything. 

I wonder how the ranks will react if they learn that their officers knew they were sending them into a contaminated area.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Judging by the USD/Rouble exchange rate it appears the Russians are winning this. Judging by the western daily news the Russians are losing badly. Times like this I wish the western media still had credibility. It would be nice to believe things are not working out as Putin hoped, but without a credible media we just have no way knowing. I stopped paying attention to this situation because there is absolutely no way to know what is going on.

and what do you think is the USDRUB exchange rate ?

Judging by the USD/Rouble exchange rate it appears the Russians are winning this. Judging by the western daily news the Russians are losing badly. Times like this I wish the western media still had credibility. It would be nice to believe things are not working out as Putin hoped, but without a credible media we just have no way knowing. I stopped paying attention to this situation because there is absolutely no way to know what is going on.

The rate was ~76:1 a year ago and it's ~83:1 today. 

• Like 1

The rouble has recovered significantly from a few weeks ago, but is still down more than 10% from its value at the start of the invasion.  https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=1Y

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The rate was ~76:1 a year ago and it's ~83:1 today. 

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The rouble has recovered significantly from a few weeks ago, but is still down more than 10% from its value at the start of the invasion.  https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=1Y

the problem is, you can't convert from RUB to USD at these rates, so what are they worth?

to buy USD with RUB, it will cost around 250 RUB for 1 USD.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tgw said:

18 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

okay, can you buy 100.000 USD using Roubles at that rate ?

not if you are in Russia.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

you asked what the exchange rate is. merely gave you the available information on the international exchanges.

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

you asked what the exchange rate is. merely gave you the available information on the international exchanges.

33 minutes ago, tgw said:

About 80 to the USD. Which is almost what it was before the scuffle started. At its worst it was up around 140. Why has it fallen back? If it was a sign Putin was losing the war when the Rouble tanked , is it now a sign he is not losing? 

• Haha 1

If this was a comedy sketch it would be funny but its for real so its hilarious...lol

Russians running from the Ukraine after being spotted by a drone, after hiding in a forest they jumped in the troop carriers and drove of in the snow so fast that some fell out and they left them there. 

Turn the sound up, must watch video...

"The Russian Army doesn't leave its soldiers behind. (They run from the 93rd Ukrainian Army brigade.)"

https://twitter.com/MrKovalenko/status/1509004018030460928

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If this was a comedy sketch it would be funny but its for real so its hilarious...lol

Russians running from the Ukraine after being spotted by a drone, after hiding in a forest they jumped in the troop carriers and drove of in the snow so fast that some fell out and they left them there. 

Turn the sound up, must watch video...

"The Russian Army doesn't leave its soldiers behind. (They run from the 93rd Ukrainian Army brigade.)"

https://twitter.com/MrKovalenko/status/1509004018030460928

I think it is extremely sad on a number of levels.

Fear, trying to gain cover, however leaving their fellow soldiers behind, speaks volumes.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I think it is extremely sad on a number of levels.

Fear, trying to gain cover, however leaving their fellow soldiers behind, speaks volumes.

Nothing sad about it, the invaders are killing civilians and destroying civilian infrastructure on an unimaginable scale. They deserve to die. ????

This should put to bed the false notion and lies that Putin was invading Ukraine to denazify it:

Russia "denazifies" a country with the lowest level of antisemitism in Central Europe. In Russia it's 3x higher. The Pew Research Center survey was published in 2018. The next year Ukrainians elected with 73% of votes a president of Jewish origin - Volodymyr Zelenskyi.

FPM6nN9WUAMWGAj.jpg.4b4ed4c6c310714517dddfd52a5c25fd.jpg

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/28/most-poles-accept-jews-as-fellow-citizens-and-neighbors-but-a-minority-do-not/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Then you should turn to the Russian press. The one where even the word "voina" (war) is prohibited to be used to describe the recent events. A lot of credibility to be found there. Just use "google translate" and you will know the TRUTH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1