Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

And the fact that he's an ex-comedian, you couldn't make that up. 

Real comedians do have brains, and some of them are among the smartest on this planet, so I do not know why some see them as not able to know how to act as an worthy president. After all every president do act and play a role. 

I also guess he have good advisers around him. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Real comedians do have brains, and some of them are among the smartest on this planet, so I do not know why some see them as not able to know how to act as an worthy president. After all every president do act and play a role. 

I also guess he have good advisers around him. 

What he's doing now is clearly coming from his inner core, no advisors needed.

Sorry but transitioning from comedian to historic world leader (and sadly fairly likely martyr) is extremely atypical!

Ask other comedians:

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

What he's doing now is clearly coming from his inner core, no advisors needed.

Sorry but transitioning from comedian to historic world leader (and sadly fairly likely martyr) is extremely atypical!

No doubt, he show he got it

Russian troops enter key city of Kharkiv, Ukrainian officials say

But Ukrainian forces holding off Russian troops advancing on the capital, Kyiv, president says

The latest:

• Ukrainian forces, Russian troops fighting on streets of Kharkiv, regional governor says.

• Ukraine rejects Belarus as location for talks with Russia.

• Oil terminal, gas pipeline set ablaze as Russian invasion enters 4th day.

• SWIFT preparing to comply with curbs on Russian banks.

(more)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-russia-attack-feb27-2022-1.6366236

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Also, unlike Afghanistan, his men are staying to fight with only the women and children crossing the borders as refugees. 

Men of conscription age are being stopped from crossing the border is the reality.

Just a general reminder to members posting here and elsewhere on the invasion of Ukraine:

--News and other factual content in posts needs to be clearly attributed to credible sources, and include a weblink directly pointing to the actual source content.

--Social media content is allowed in news topics, but typically only if the sources are credible news media or government type entities. And like above, must include a direct weblink to the source content.

--The primary language of ASEAN NOW is English, so posted content must be in the English language.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 2:36 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

The German government says it will supply 1,000 anti-tank and 500 Stinger antiaircraft missiles to bolster Ukraine’s defenses in the face of an unprovoked onslaught by Russian forces, in a significant shift in Berlin’s policy regarding the war.

https://www.rferl.org/a/germany-military-aid-ukraine-equipment/31725290.html

That's an interesting development, and in reading it, I see the following as well:

"Meanwhile, the Netherlands said it will supply air-defense rockets and anti-tank systems to Ukraine following a request by Kyiv.

The Dutch government told parliament it would rapidly ship 200 Stinger rockets and 50 Panzerfaust 3 anti-tank weapons with 400 rockets."

So, where's the U.S. and the U.K. on this aspect of things?

One of the things I'd been wondering, in reading the various media coverage up to now, is APART from all the diplomatic and sanctions stuff going on, were any other countries actually stepping up to directly help Ukraine resist the Russian invasion...

I gather, no other country thus far has sent any troops into Ukraine, at least not publicly. But surely there's all kinds of different logistical and resources support that could help the Ukrainians if other countries are willing to provide it, and do so in a timely enough manner to make a difference.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

Please hold on mr Poetin. The air missiles out of Europe are on their way. Could you please wait a few days? As you know the leaders in Brussel are not that fast nore did they see this coming. 

It is a 10 hour drive from Germany across Polen to the border of Ukraine.

Ivan the pilot and Igor the tank driver might soon meet the sharp end of Stinger and Javelin missile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would be asking that to the Russian invaders first. Are they all there willingly?

I don't thing some of them are, to be frank we still don't what the actual situation is.

France 24 is still showing film from 2 days ago.

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This is a harsh situation indeed. Many people are dying. A new refugee crisis in the making. But what I find totally nauseating about your POV is the tonal implication that Ukraine has the blame for this happening. No. It is 100 percent on Putin.

Harsh it's a weird situation if you ask me what's really going on..

My POV is netral and much wider than yours I don't condone what Russia is doing.

Ukraine reports 198 people killed, 1 is to many but seeing as it's a war that seems a low estimate of death.

Ukraine reports over 4000 Russian solders killed it's a peculiar type of war so far.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ivan the pilot and Igor the tank driver might soon meet the sharp end of Stinger and Javelin missile. 

Those things should already been there. The threat was there already for a while

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I would say the Ukraine have alot more covert assistance with special forces the world needs russia to fail.

I think it will be hard to stop a mad man reports of a possible run on russian banks started already and I hope it expands  will have an effect in russian opinion

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Harsh it's a weird situation if you ask me what's really going on..

My POV is netral and much wider than yours I don't condone what Russia is doing.

Ukraine reports 198 people killed, 1 is to many but seeing as it's a war that seems a low estimate of death.

Ukraine reports over 4000 Russian solders killed it's a peculiar type of war so far.

Neutral?

Does not compute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not just the sanctions against Russia, nor the fact the Russian stock market has tanked.

The Russia currency has also taken a dive.

Russia is the epitome of a Banana Republic, it’s principal export is oil and gas, raw resources commodities with zero added value. 

The currency dive is bad news for Russia’s already anemic economy.

I think most of their holdings are in euros and dollars, and it's a good bet the oil the gas and oil Europe and the United State are continuing to buy from them are in euros and dollars as well.