Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

9 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

To be fair, they did ask Ukraine if they could have some of their tanks back for the parade, but didn't get the answer they were hoping for.

Actually Ukraine said yes and that they would deliver them FOC.  Unfortunately the Russians said that they wanted them in one piece and in working order, not scrap iron!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Marina Ovsyannikova: “Putin doesn’t have enough Novichok to kill his growing number of critics.”

It has been obvious for sometime that he doesn’t have enough Novichok, as is demonstrated by his current method of choice, defenestration. 

Edited by LosLobo

34 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Russian bases are no more safe, as Britain delivers long-range Storm Shadow missiles to Ukraine.

which version is it?

the export version doesn't have much range

Ben Wallace UK's defense minister confirmed today in the House of Commons that the UK will deliver Storm Shadow cruise missiles for the Ukrainian forces to use against Russian forces. His main reason being the UK will not stand by and watch Russia targeting Ukrains infrastructure and killing civilians. Ukraine has said long-range missiles will only be used within ukraine and the Donbas territory occupied by Russia. In my opinion, Ukraine has the right to launch long-distance missiles into Russia and target their civilians, but at 2 Million pounds ago there better striking supply lines warehouses and Arm depots. Sky News reports they are already in Ukraine.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Ben Wallace UK's defense minister confirmed today in the House of Commons that the UK will deliver Storm Shadow cruise missiles for the Ukrainian forces to use against Russian forces. His main reason being the UK will not stand by and watch Russia targeting Ukrains infrastructure and killing civilians. Ukraine has said long-range missiles will only be used within ukraine and the Donbas territory occupied by Russia. In my opinion, Ukraine has the right to launch long-distance missiles into Russia and target their civilians, but at 2 Million pounds ago there better striking supply lines warehouses and Arm depots. Sky News reports they are already in Ukraine.

Its great news and also more MiG-29s sent from Poland. The counter offensive is coming..............

Poland announces that it has transferred another 4 MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine. It brings to total number of MiG-29s sent from Poland to 14. Time for us in the West to start sending F-16s too!

Poland has now delivered both more tanks (330+) and fighter jets (14) to Ukraine than any other country.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Storm Shadow with a 560km range and a 450kg warhead would be a perfect weapon for attacking the Crimean side of the Kerch Bridge, Putin's pet project and symbol of his illegal annexation of Crimea,

It is also a highly legitimate target, as it is also the main supply line for the military for Crimea and southern Donbas.

The bridge's strategic value, together with its cost of over of US$3.7 billion in 2014, the 2 million for the missiles is more than justified.

Storm Shadow - Wikipedia

Its a welcome addition to Ukraine's abilities to strike deep within occupied territory but the versions that have been sent to Ukraine do not have that range.

There's a couple of topics on the delivery of Storm Shadow already running in the new Ukraine -  Russia war sub category.

https://aseannow.com/forum/428-the-war-in-ukraine/

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

In my opinion, Ukraine has the right to launch long-distance missiles into Russia and target their civilians,

Civilians should never be a target,doing that would be committing a war crime.

Emotions should always be kept in check but i can understand how you feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Storm Shadow with its long range and massive warhead would be a perfect weapon for attacking the Crimean side of the Kerch Bridge, Putin's pet project and symbol of his illegal annexation of Crimea,

It is also a highly legitimate target, as it is also the main supply line for the military for Crimea and southern Donbas.

The bridge's strategic value, together with its cost of over of US$3.7 billion in 2014, the 2 million for the missiles is more than justified.

Storm Shadow - Wikipedia

Taking out the bridge has both positive and negative sides,attacking the incoming side of the bridge would be great.

I think the master plan is going to be to attack all supply routes at once

and a massive assault on the front lines.

11 minutes ago, jvs said:

Taking out the bridge has both positive and negative sides,attacking the incoming side of the bridge would be great.

I think the master plan is going to be to attack all supply routes at once

and a massive assault on the front lines.

when used by an army, a bridge has no "incoming side".

11 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Ukraine has the right to launch long-distance missiles into Russia and target their civilians.

It may have the "right", but it would be unadvisable to do so, it would lose a lot of respect throughout the world. Ukraine should never target civilians.

One thing I would be ok with is putting one of these Storm Shadows into the very visible roof of the Kremlin, just symbolically, depending on whether it would be expected to yield any positive effects in terms of morale and/or politics.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

when used by an army, a bridge has no "incoming side".

The Ukrainians already proved they can get to the bridge,they could

maybe have taken it all out but decided not to.

The reason i mentioned incoming side is because of when the  liberators

come to the Krim the outgoing side will be full of people trying to escape.

It will be a mess either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its great news and also more MiG-29s sent from Poland. The counter offensive is coming..............

Poland announces that it has transferred another 4 MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine. It brings to total number of MiG-29s sent from Poland to 14. Time for us in the West to start sending F-16s too!

Poland has now delivered both more tanks (330+) and fighter jets (14) to Ukraine than any other country.

I read somewhere that F-16s require longer airfields than Ukraine currently has, and if built they would become an obvious target for the Russians 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I read somewhere that F-16s require longer airfields than Ukraine currently has, and if built they would become an obvious target for the Russians 

correct, Mig-29 require just 240m of runway. seems crazy.

F-16 at least 500m.

Ukraine could operate F-16 using bases in the West of the country if well protected by AA.

and the threats continue... Vlad can do as he wants, his way or he will send whatever he thinks can scare the other side...., I call it pathetic

Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s spokesman threatens ‘adequate response’ over UK missile pledge

https://au.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-russia-war-live-putin-042717637.html

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, tgw said:

It may have the "right", but it would be unadvisable to do so, it would lose a lot of respect throughout the world. Ukraine should never target civilians.

One thing I would be ok with is putting one of these Storm Shadows into the very visible roof of the Kremlin, just symbolically, depending on whether it would be expected to yield any positive effects in terms of morale and/or politics.

there's a saying "" in Rome do as Romans do... in Ukraine do as Russians do""  Ukrainians have the right to defend themselves and attack is the best form defence