Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You conveniently ignore what Putin and other high officials there have blatantly said.

Ukraine is Russia.

There is no such thing as Ukraine.

There is no limit to Russia's borders.

We are at war with the collective west.

You know what propaganda is? He says what he and his advisors think will work. Simple as that.

Easy rhetoric works alwys, border problems, private right wing armies killing russians, Crimea securing the shipping and trade routes, 

Are we really so ignorant that we swallow anything from one side only? 

There will never be an healthy intellectual debate if you are not able to see the whole picture. One action leads to an? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I call BS!
Putin has been explicitly talking about his perverted historical narrative claiming that there is no such thing as a separate Ukrainian identity for many years.

You want propaganda?

He tells his Z fascist people that Russia is there to "liberate" Ukraine.

But his liberation consists of leveling cities to dust, stealing and brainwashing children so they can grow up to fight their own country, etc.

Oh man, you guys do not understand politics, propaganda, trade alliances, fight for the resources as it have been since day one. 

I just say the facts how it is, and you guys still moaning the same lyrics over and over, like reputation muppets.

Yes Putin is evil, yes he invaded Ukraine, so the next question to you guys, why? Why he risking what he have done? What did push? 

I guess your next answer is, because he want to be the next Tsar? Or do you belive he trying to protect russias interests? 

Try to look at the whole picture, but I guess it is a lost case. Bring it on, give me confused emotions, spineless covards, I really do not care. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Oh man, you guys do not understand politics, propaganda, trade alliances, fight for the resources as it have been since day one. 

I just say the facts how it is, and you guys still moaning the same lyrics over and over, like reputation muppets.

Yes Putin is evil, yes he invaded Ukraine, so the next question to you guys, why? Why he risking what he have done? What did push? 

I guess your next answer is, because he want to be the next Tsar? Or do you belive he trying to protect russias interests? 

Try to look at the whole picture, but I guess it is a lost case. Bring it on, give me confused emotions, spineless covards, I really do not care. 

I watch Mearsheimer too and I think he's lost the plot about this war.

You'll just have to accept that I've studied the situation too and come to an entirely different conclusion. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I watch Mearsheimer too and I think he's lost the plot about this war.

You'll just have to accept that I've studied the situation too and come to an entirely different conclusion. 

I havent watched Mearsheimer, and do not need to be convinced about this war being any different than other wars being supported by The Different sides of alliances. It is an timeless conflict where borders being moved, and government changes, as well history being written by the ones ho win and establish the new order. 

What is important now, is Putin gaining respect in those countries, who (said before) have been colonized by the west, and the middle east conflicts is central here as well. Therefor we Nato, the west alliance playing a dangerous game, and for sure doesnt make it any better with Trumps defuse statements creating insecurity on top of it. 

As it stands now, we just have to make sure putin doesnt win, but peace doesn't come easy, and my best guess, there is going to be new boarders sooner or later. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Agree. 

I think we are at war now.

Russia started it.

They must be defeated.

If not, Russia's allies North Korea, Iran, China will see the west is weak and they can do anything.

Pick a side.

listen to yourself...what a crock of ....

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, jvs said:

Here you go,that is what he said literally,now you believe it?

so he said he'll get the war over, ok, i doubt that would happen that quickly, but is stopping the war a bad thing?

where does he say he'll give Putin anything he wants as written by jingthing?

Trump intends to try to force Ukraine into giving genocidal war criminal dictator everything he wants!

He's expliciitly pro Russia. 

16 hours ago, tgw said:

how much do you know about Russia and Ukraine?

have you been to Russia ? (I have)

have you been to Ukraine ? (I have)

do you have Russian friends living in Russia ? (I have)

do you have friends and family living in Ukraine ? (I have)

yes, i do have Russian friends, and they support Putin.... and what? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

Is that because they have been brainwashed with Kremlin propaganda and state media outlets, are they naive enough to believe that Putins invasion of Ukraine is a Special Military Operation, in fact do you believe this also? 

as opposed to western propaganda like you have swallowed?
Putin didn't want US weapon on his borders, whats wrong with that? remember the Cuban missile crisis? yanks didn't like it then did they.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You're a self confessed Putin supporter, I would expect nothing else from a traitor like you

haha, and how am i a traitor? you call Trump supporters that want to put america first fascists.. perhaps you should log off and get some fresh air, you've probably not that long left to enjoy it.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Didn't ask for a deflection answer, if you are unable to answer the question just say so instead of launching yourself into grand whataboutery! 

you should get off your perch!, i said Putin didnt want Nato missiles on his border....IE Ukraine in NATO, thats common knowledge 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

The excellent Simon Jenkins is a brave outlier amongst the cacophonous criers for endless war, which at this sad stage is looking like an endless slaughter of ageing Ukrainian conscripts being bombarded by megatonnes of glide bombs with barely any air defence whilst Zelenskiy screams for help which isn't coming. Future historians will underline both our collective betrayal and disastrous missteps with regard to Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/22/putin-dictator-tyrant-criticism-regime

Nato’s escalation of its logistical aid to Ukraine into an all-out economic war on the Russian people enabled Putin to construct an anti-west coalition. It now extends from China and India to embrace a stage army of authoritarians across the globe. This economic war has clearly been counter-productive. The Economist reports this week that the sanctions have in fact “juiced the [Russian] economy”. Russian GDP growth of approximately 3 % in real terms last year outstripped Britain’s. Western policy is actively helping Putin retain power.

As the historian of modern Russia Mark Galeotti points out, Putin’s defiance of his western critics has entrenched his “shabby police state”, possibly for his lifetime. We can hurl abuse at him, as we can at Xi, Modi and the rest. It may make us feel better. And perhaps we should, not least on moral grounds: these are not regimes we would cast as admirable. But let’s be realistic. There is not the slightest evidence that in doing so we are making the world a safer place for democracy; probably the reverse.

And the much anticipated Western tanks have been mostly ineffective. If the west lacks the collective will to support with money, matériel and sacrifice the continuing war with Ukraine, it would be better to broker a messy peace than this senseless WW1 type slaughter which clearly now Ukraine can no longer win. 

Big-Ticket, Expensive, Heavily Armored NATO Tanks Mostly Overweight Duds in the Russo-Ukrainian War

Considering how much kerchief-twisting there was about it in the first place, and how they are doing in the war right now, handing over top-end NATO tanks to Ukraine doesn’t look like a great idea.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/29778

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

The excellent Simon Jenkins is a brave outlier amongst the cacophonous criers for endless war, which at this sad stage is looking like an endless slaughter of ageing Ukrainian conscripts being bombarded by megatonnes of glide bombs with barely any air defence whilst Zelenskiy screams for help which isn't coming. Future historians will underline both our collective betrayal and disastrous missteps with regard to Ukraine.

perhaps it's time for Zelensky to come to the table for peace talks then before is countries population is wiped out. 

a few members on here more war hungry from their barstools than the western politicians are!!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1