Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

7 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Just back in from the bars Frank, "endless slaughter for Ukrainians" but not for the illegal invaders that are losing circa 1000 troops a day. 

yeah, so the western propaganda media telling us, however they've been claiming Putin was losing the war since day 1........doesn't sound like that in the first paragraph of BT99's post.

you ever get the feeling you are being lied to??

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The Russians were under the impression that their Special Military Operation would take 3 days, we are now into the 3rd year. The Russians have killed more of their own Orcs than Ukraine have. Wake up and smell the coffee, you are being conned and sadly you haave fallen for it hook line and sinker. 

And comparing Russias state controlled media to the wests is very naive and at worst very stupid. The west press is not controlled by the government that is why it is called a free press, they are allowed to print what they like unlike Russias media that are told what to report by Putin himself, they are brainwashed Frank, don't make excuses for the murderous criminal that is Putin, you know it makes sense. 

free press...hahaha, ok then, the MSM all read from the same script, the US is the has most propagandised population on the planet!! 

i haven't watched RT for a while but it was pretty good, along with AJ, certainly exposed the things the US didn't want you to see and showed other side of the story.  funny how they blocked RT everywhere so they couldn't be heard, what happened to those 'press freedoms' the west preaches about so much? 

Edited by frank83628
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, frank83628 said:

yeah, so the western propaganda media telling us, however they've been claiming Putin was losing the war since day 1.....

That's demonstrably untrue. When the Russians first invaded, a lot of the western experts and media thought the Russians would win in a matter of days.

See just a couple of examples below.

US concerned Kyiv could fall to Russia within days, sources familiar with intel say

A bizarre factor in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is that most Western experts on the Russian military agreed with the Kremlin that Russia had a powerful army which would defeat Ukraine within two or three days.

How Western Experts Got the Ukraine War So Wrong

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes true,i remember the US asking Zelensky if he needed a flight out of the country.

His response?"I don't need a ride,i need ammo!""

The truth is had he taken the ride Ukraine would be back to its median norm of a peace, oligarchic control of the commanding heights of the economy and some anonymous moustachioed leader in place who knew to bow to Putin and wash his hands before doing with his fingers crossed. Thailand's wartime leader General Phibun surrendered to the Japanese within 1 day of being invaded and saved the country from great destruction had he resisted. I'd say he called it right.

It's the equivalent of Khrushchev backing down with nukes in Cuba when he knew he was beat and this was America's backyard sovereign state or no.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The truth is had he taken the ride Ukraine would be back to its median norm of a peace, oligarchic control of the commanding heights of the economy and some anonymous moustachioed leader in place who knew to bow to Putin and wash his hands before doing with his fingers crossed. Thailand's wartime leader General Phibun surrendered to the Japanese within 1 day of being invaded and saved the country from great destruction had he resisted. I'd say he called it right.

It's the equivalent of Khrushchev backing down with nukes in Cuba when he knew he was beat and this was America's backyard sovereign state or no.

This is common sense, and it is what Georgia did, but not heroic.

Have to admire Zelenskyjs brave hearth, but it have costed maybe more than it taste, if eventually a peace treaty will give russia Crimea and the new boarders. 

We have to wait and see the final death toll and what happens in the end.

Still far from a solution.

Edited by Hummin
  • Love It 1

https://www.ft.com/content/98f15b60-bc4d-4d3c-9e57-cbdde122ac0c Biden is worried about feeding the Trump monster - higher oil prices feed into that.

The US has urged Ukraine to halt attacks on Russia’s energy infrastructure, warning that the drone strikes risk driving up global oil prices and provoking retaliation, according to three people familiar with the discussions.The repeated warnings from Washington were delivered to senior officials at Ukraine’s state security service, the SBU, and its military intelligence directorate, known as the GUR, the people told the Financial Times.

One person said that the White House had grown increasingly frustrated by brazen Ukrainian drone attacks that have struck oil refineries, terminals, depots and storage facilities across western Russia, hurting its oil production capacity.

https://archive.is/OTRef

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://www.ft.com/content/98f15b60-bc4d-4d3c-9e57-cbdde122ac0c Biden is worried about feeding the Trump monster - higher oil prices feed into that.

The US has urged Ukraine to halt attacks on Russia’s energy infrastructure, warning that the drone strikes risk driving up global oil prices and provoking retaliation, according to three people familiar with the discussions.The repeated warnings from Washington were delivered to senior officials at Ukraine’s state security service, the SBU, and its military intelligence directorate, known as the GUR, the people told the Financial Times.

One person said that the White House had grown increasingly frustrated by brazen Ukrainian drone attacks that have struck oil refineries, terminals, depots and storage facilities across western Russia, hurting its oil production capacity.

Topic on that already, no need to discuss it here too.

US urged Ukraine to halt strikes on Russian oil refineries

https://aseannow.com/topic/1323056-us-urged-ukraine-to-halt-strikes-on-russian-oil-refineries

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

6 dollars for gas at the pump and Biden will not be reelected.That is why.

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Macron is having his De Gaulle moment posturing as an outlier for reluctant NATO boots on the ground. I'd wager a lot that it won't add too much beyond the NATO operatives that are already in country training and helping to manage the war from close up. It will fail not only because it is very ill-judged, but because no-one else who is significant will join him in marching towards the guns.  Harold Wilson has the wisdom to stay out of the Vietnam War realizing it wasn't in our interests and his wisdom turned pout to be well judged. If Macron has a moment he may want to study his antecedent Napoleon re Russia, it never ends well. If body bags start coming home and the cost of living crisis warms up, the Faragist populist front will soar and it has no appetite for war with Russia.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 6
  • Agree 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:14 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Future historians will underline both our collective betrayal and disastrous missteps with regard to Ukraine.

I somewhat disagree that it was a betrayal. I was against supporting Ukraine from the first, being of the opinion that Russia would win anyway. Seems I'm almost at the stage of saying "I told you so".

IMO it's more a realisation that no amount of taxpayer money they throw away in Ukraine is going to win anything, and the money would have been better spent giving nurses and ambulance drivers in the UK a pay rise.

I also think that all Russia had to do was wait till the west used up all their spare missiles and shells, which seems to be where we are. It's not like the west moved onto a war footing to manufacture more.

I suppose we should be grateful that the maniacs were not able to send western boys to die on the Ukrainian front line.

There were a few posts from some western guy volunteered to go join the Ukrainian foreign volunteers way back near the start. I wonder if he's still thinking it was worth while, or if he's even thinking any more.

Anyway, the action on here seems to have moved on, given hardly anyone posts on this sub forum now, or claims that the "orcs" are going to be defeated, for sure for sure.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You must be an optimist. IMO it's almost time for the fat lady to start singing.

Putin will not conquer Ukraine, because there is no way Europe will let that happen. If a win is Crimea and new borders? Then you will be right. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:14 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

And the much anticipated Western tanks have been mostly ineffective.

I have suspected as much given the lack of cheering for them breaking through in the much vaunted Ukrainian "counter offensive", which turned out to be not much at all.

One suspects that giving the Russians all winter to reinforce their defensive lines and trumpeting the offensive endlessly, thereby removing any surprise, it was a "disappointment" waiting to happen.

One wonders how many Ukrainians that managed to escape conscription by moving to places like Thailand are volunteering to swap sunny Thailand for a cold trench in the Ukrainian front line.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1