Family of South African jailed in Thailand remain hopeful

webfact

On 2/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, Tony125 said:

Because if the package is sent to the address you are working at ,addressed to your BF who is your boss you sign for it and give it to him.  Not usually a big deal.  My neighbor has signed for pkgs for me (Pattaya)  when I am in Bangkok at my condo.  When I am in Pattaya my wife  or father-in-law  sign for my letters/pkgs as he owns the condo building.

But I'd bet that none of those that are "no big deal" are connected with drug trafficking, correct?   Would you sign for one that you knew could contain illegal drugs?   

On 2/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, Toyland Mike said:

it’s incredulous that Thailand’s finest (i.e. RTP) AND ta Thai court would arrest, convict and sentence (initially) to death a young Farang lady who did nothing more than sign for receipt of a package. In all likelihood there must be evidence credible that she was an active participant (directly or indirectly) in ordering, receiving and/or on-selling these drugs.

"...there must be evidence credible that she was an active participant..."

Perhaps there was!  

21 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Takes a real human to show some compassion for a 22-year old who could be any of our daughters. Shame on you!

Takes a real human to show some compassion for a 22-year old who could be involved in drug trafficking or be any of our daughters. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

On 2/25/2022 at 8:42 PM, Soikhaonoiken said:

If you do the crime, expect to do the time.... 

Unless of course you are a person of influence or have deep enough pockets to provide a new merc to the arresting officer and his superior.

Notwithstanding the fact that , on the evidence presented, she is guilty of nothing other than a certain amount of naivety.

There are literally tons of drugs flooding into Thailand , aided and abetted by local police , military and politicians , how many of them have ever been arrested and prosecuted ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That would be difficult to believe but, of course, that wasn't "just" what happened.   She was sentenced for confessing to drug trafficking.

It was my point too, people here are going on and on about the signing of a package but that cannot be the only action that landed in jail.

Frankly, I have no clue whether the young girl has been framed or is someone who made some very bad choices. But the story as told by the mother has more holes than a colander.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 3:36 AM, webfact said:

A George woman who is locked up in Thailand for selling drugs

According to her family, the 22-year-old had signed for a package

OK, two important facts that are confusing some of the members, or refusing to read. 

1. She was selling drugs.

She may have told a different story to her family (signing parcel for bf) in SA but selling drugs was the offence. 

2. 22yo, this is not a young girl, she is a grown woman. 

On 2/26/2022 at 6:05 AM, TheFishman1 said:

She just signed for a package totally not justified I often sign for packages from my neighbor when it comes and they’re not home I think in the future I’ll never do that again TiT

This rediculous comment, it just creates chaos amongst the weak, the followers, making some of the members confused. These members read your comments but are too lazy to read the article to be fully informed. 

Look at all the comments below yours. 

Don't be alarmed by signing for packages for your neighbor. 

Just don't sell drugs. 

On 2/26/2022 at 7:31 AM, Swampy999 said:

3rd world judicial system in a predominantly 3rd world country ????????

The system is working, they are getting rid of the bad eggs. 

I don't want me and my family living amongst these type.

Lowlife drug sellers. 

• Sad 3