Covid extension issues?

2 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

What a story haha. There might be plenty of things behind this story that we don't know. The Norwegian group must have done something wrong or then the whole story is bogus like many here speculate.

I mean if someone is against covid extensions and people "abusing the system" they have some serious personal issues! There's simply nothing wrong with doing that and besides that, if the country offers limited visa classes like this, people will keep taking advantage of all the tricks possible. Why wouldn't they!  

You would of thought after the first person was told they were only getting a 7 day extension that they would of regrouped, maybe had a talk between themselves about using another I'mmigration office or trying a visa agent, but instead one by one all 11 lined up to take their 7 days and cut their holiday short..

• Like 1

covid extension 60 day

went to u.t immi yesterday afternoon sat down then power went off(big fire)

sat outside four 2 hours then said will come baclk as i spoke elect back now 40pm

gave wad of docs after 20 mins paid 1900 sat down again 1 hour wait then received passport  60 days abd a letter stapled to my passport must leave country on 24th May or will be arrested !

left at 5.o5 pm staff still working

this has to be the most helpful and efficient visit ever had at ut seemed to me the staff were working as a team also fee was 1900bt

and pinned in my passport was another note an official receipt for 1900 bt  honest

have used ut since 2012 was always a fight especaily Cert resi for d.l etc

So credit where its due lets hope the rest of thai gov evolves

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fancyfarang said:

does anyone know if they give you a 7 day stamp do they tell you before taking your passport and payment?  Or do they take you 1900 baht and you only find out at the end when it is too late?

I'm pretty sure I've seen @ubonjoesay a bunch of times and some personal reports that they deny you first and you have to personally choose to just get the 7 days. Another reason why I believe everyone's claims that his story is BS along with his history of always chiming in on every covid extension post that people are abusing them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sebl said:

Arrived in Bangkok late November on visa-exempt as a tourist from the UK, did two extensions in Bangkok (one 30-days and one covid extension) which takes me to 20 March

First up thanks for the report.

Quoted you regards that you entered visa exempt. Indeed your experience is how it should be and helpful io given you did not bring along screenshot of hotel TM30.

You are entitled to CE. 

Sounds like that office is one that wears a white hat unlike some others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snairb said:

covid extension 60 day

went to u.t immi yesterday afternoon sat down then power went off(big fire)

sat outside four 2 hours then said will come baclk as i spoke elect back now 40pm

gave wad of docs after 20 mins paid 1900 sat down again 1 hour wait then received passport  60 days abd a letter stapled to my passport must leave country on 24th May or will be arrested !

left at 5.o5 pm staff still working

this has to be the most helpful and efficient visit ever had at ut seemed to me the staff were working as a team also fee was 1900bt

and pinned in my passport was another note an official receipt for 1900 bt  honest

have used ut since 2012 was always a fight especaily Cert resi for d.l etc

So credit where its due lets hope the rest of thai gov evolves

Thanks for the report. A letter stating "you will be arrested if you don't leave" WHAT? Never heard of that one. Sounds pretty hostile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sebl said:

Been using this forum as the source of information over the last few months so it’s only fair for me to share my experience with anyone who may find it useful.

Arrived in Bangkok late November on visa-exempt as a tourist from the UK, did two extensions in Bangkok (one 30-days and one covid extension) which takes me to 20 March. My flight back to the UK has been cancelled by BA and I have decided to stay in Phuket for a bit longer. 

So I went to Phuket main immigration office for another covid extension yesterday to get some certainty on my plan. I have prepared my photo and photocopies of my passport (info page and all visa stamps) as usual. There are two counters at the outdoor car park dedicated for covid extensions. Three forms are available there. Filled them in and queued up. People are mainly queuing on the right for some reason so I joined the queue on the left. It turned out the right counter moved much quicker. Anyway, the officer scanned my documents then asked me for my TM30. I didn’t have it as I am staying in a reasonably big hotel in Patong and I assumed they would have done it. She asked me to call the hotel and then she spoke to them to verify if one was filed. The hotel needed to check. After some delays, the officer called her colleague to check on their systems instead. They found the TM30 filed online. She then processed my paperwork, took my 1900 THB and gave me a number to get my passport the following day. No question asked about the reason for extension or when I intend to go back, etc. Everything seemed very routine for all the applicants there. It did not look like they were going to be difficult with any “tourists” asking for extensions (unlike what I’ve seen in Bangkok).

I Went back this morning to pick up my passport. Took less than 2 minutes. 60 days extension from 20 March granted. Very happy and grateful. Although it couldn’t be done on the same day like in Bangkok, It has been a much friendlier experience.

Great report, thanks! I was wondering why they would ask for a TM30 this time if it's your third time extending. Normally they might ask that on the first visit, altho never been asked from me during recent years visiting Chaeng Watthana.

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

Thanks for the report. A letter stating "you will be arrested if you don't leave" WHAT? Never heard of that one. Sounds pretty hostile.

I think he means the standard "Holders must leave within the date....offenders will be prosecuted lettering on the extensions of permissions to stay.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fancyfarang said:

No problem doing another covid extension 

I have been here since Jan 2020 on tourist visa then back to back covid extensions. 

USA passport 

just got back from CW. No questions or anything.  Same as every time. I asked if this was the last COVID extension and they said they didn’t know.  

very easy 

That sounds promising! Just like my experience last time. I'm heading there soon and will report then.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:51 PM, Fancyfarang said:

No problem doing another covid extension 

I have been here since Jan 2020 on tourist visa then back to back covid extensions. 

USA passport 

just got back from CW. No questions or anything.  Same as every time. I asked if this was the last COVID extension and they said they didn’t know.  

very easy 

What city are you in? I'd like to give it a try because I was turned away and I'm in the same situation as you except I've only been here since February 29th of 2020

Can I get an extension in a Providence that is different from my registered tm30? I was turned away in Nakhon Phanom for the covid extension and I'd like to try at a different immigration office but I don't know if they'll just tell me to do it at the local office where I am registered as living.

I was told by the immigration office to come on the 7th of March and they would give me another covid extension but when I came they then told me that "Americas can't get covid extensions anymore because there are flights going there all the time" ???? and that I now had about 2 weeks to leave Thailand

I want to try it in Udon Thani or bkk but don't know if my tm30 address will be a problem 

US passport, tourist visa, covid extensions since end of April 2020. 

11 minutes ago, JRisP said:

Can I get an extension in a Providence that is different from my registered tm30? I was turned away in Nakhon Phanom for the covid extension and I'd like to try at a different immigration office but I don't know if they'll just tell me to do it at the local office where I am registered as living.

I was told by the immigration office to come on the 7th of March and they would give me another covid extension but when I came they then told me that "Americas can't get covid extensions anymore because there are flights going there all the time" ???? and that I now had about 2 weeks to leave Thailand

I want to try it in Udon Thani or bkk but don't know if my tm30 address will be a problem 

Your hotel in Udon Thani should submit a TM30 that will allow you to apply for the Covid extension there. Good luck!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JRisP said:

You'd check in at a hotel in Udon Thani or Bangkok that will file a new TM30 report for you. That's all it takes. 

• Like 1

So a quick report from my visit to CW.

Everything would have gone smoothly with the covid extension but I was faced by a surprising question which made it into a 2 hours long show. It would have been done in 10 min otherwise cos I had a booking.

Anyway, the officer asked me if I had been to Chiang Mai a while ago. Well yes I had been on a trip up north and the hotel there had reported my address (TM30), which created a big issue. So eventho this officer was really nice and helpful, she insisted that I have to have my spouse report my new TM30. It seemed like I would have to come back another day but luckily we were able to get it done online and I got everything done at the same time. Would have seriously sucked to have to come again since this trip takes around 4-5 hours out of my day.

So I find this amusing that every time you leave BKK to another province, you need to make a new TM30 when you return. I can't believe this is true but the helpful officer claimed it is so. What an absolute circus this is if they make you do it every time. It's not that big of a deal if the online reporting site works, but it if doesn't then that's a whole different story. 

I recall people saying here and on Twitter before that nowadays the TM30 only has to be done once. So what's going on here?? I'm going out of town again next week and I'm thinking of refusing to show my passport at the hotel in another province because I don't want them to report my address there. It used to be possible to check in with a Thai divers licence but now they seem to be insisting on a passport. Let's see!

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I recall people saying here and on Twitter before that nowadays the TM30 only has to be done once. So what's going on here??

Officially, you only need to report if either (i) you change your permanent address; or (ii) you return to Thailand using a fresh visa (no new TM30 required if using a re-entry permit). However, many immigration officials do not know the current rules. This is irritating, but it is a mistake to argue, and you need to react to what the official erroneously believes to be the rules when necessary.

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Officially, you only need to report if either (i) you change your permanent address; or (ii) you return to Thailand using a fresh visa (no new TM30 required if using a re-entry permit). However, many immigration officials do not know the current rules. This is irritating, but it is a mistake to argue, and you need to react to what the official erroneously believes to be the rules when necessary.

I thought so. So I was just basically conned. Of course I hadn't done it at all in BKK because I entered vie Phuket Sandbox last year. Even so, the officer told me I must do it again next week after I return from another province. Well, if there are no more covid extensions coming, I would have to leave after this 60 days stamp expires anyway so no need to visit immigration for a while.

On 3/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, JRisP said:

I went to Nahkon Phanom too last week, "no go not possible" soooo I went to Mukdahan IO by the bridge. They gave me Covid 60 day ext no problem ,no questions ,pleasant and efficient ,except made me come back another day to get the stamp. I stayed at a B2 hotel and requested that they do TM 30 when I checked in,.... they didnt but IO called and got them to do TM 30 immediately and that was the only hiccup in the whole process., as it wasted an hour or so. KOP is not agreeable to foreigners IMO

• Like 2

I came in on a 30 day exempt on New Year’s Eve. I’ve had one 30 day extension and one COVID extension that takes me up till 27 April. 
was hoping to maybe stay another month. When can I go and get another CE? Can i do it now, or have to wait until closer to the 27 April date?

7 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

I came in on a 30 day exempt on New Year’s Eve. I’ve had one 30 day extension and one COVID extension that takes me up till 27 April. 
was hoping to maybe stay another month. When can I go and get another CE? Can i do it now, or have to wait until closer to the 27 April date?

The current order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions ends on the 25th of this month. If extended  for another 2 months you could apply for one in April.

You could try to apply for one shortly before the 25th but most immigration offices would not do it that early.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The current order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions ends on the 25th of this month. If extended  for another 2 months you could apply for one in April.

You could try to apply for one shortly before the 25th but most immigration offices would not do it that early.

Thanks as ever, Joe 

On 3/13/2022 at 7:57 AM, CaptMiguel said:

I went to Nahkon Phanom too last week, "no go not possible" soooo I went to Mukdahan IO by the bridge. They gave me Covid 60 day ext no problem ,no questions ,pleasant and efficient ,except made me come back another day to get the stamp. I stayed at a B2 hotel and requested that they do TM 30 when I checked in,.... they didnt but IO called and got them to do TM 30 immediately and that was the only hiccup in the whole process., as it wasted an hour or so. KOP is not agreeable to foreigners IMO

What is KOP ?

Don't go to Nakhon Phanom if you want an extension lol! 

Thx to everyone who replied to my questions. I went to Udon Thani and got the covid extension no problem and no questions asked!

1 thing was that they said I needed to show I was going to stay in Udon for at least 30 days so I rented a really cheap apartment for 2000 baht per month. Which is completely worth it to get the extension. 

Edited by JRisP
  • Like 1

Now that Vietnam is fully open with just an ATK required 24 hours before flight, can I just leave Thailand with an under consideration covid stamp? I was told to go back 31 March for another 30 days but don't need it now.

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Now that Vietnam is fully open with just an ATK required 24 hours before flight, can I just leave Thailand with an under consideration covid stamp? I was told to go back 31 March for another 30 days but don't need it now.

Yes you can exit Thailand.

Having said that always best to close out stamp when possible.

BTW ......good to see that your posts about CE should now not be required as everyone can return to their home country, didn't stop you from obtaining a covid extension.

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

There is no issue with this in principle. It would be polite to inform immigration of your plans so they can cease further work on your application.