Covid extension issues?

1 minute ago, ChomDo said:

What extra document did they ask for then? You had entered on a TR visa right? So if they didn't extend what did you do then if I may ask? They give 7 days to leave the country or?

This all seems to be very odd like aussieexpat said there. Obviously nobody can claim anymore that they want to extend because their country is locked up nor get any kind of embassy letter. I would assume that the toughest request from the immigration would be to show a departure flight ticket. Oh well, seems really inconsistent as usual. 

That was still last year, before they changed the requirements. 

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I arrived visa exempt and did the 30 day extension which expires 14 March. Did the 60 day covid extension today in Jomtien (so 12 days left before expiry). The only thing the IO did was circle my copy of the visa exempt entry and 30 day extension stamps. Just ticked all other pages without even reading them.

I was worried about the affadavit as I ticked box 1 thinking that was due to ongoing covid. When I actually read it, it says "your country will not let you enter due to ongoing covid". That's obviously not true so ticked box 2 about embassy won't issue letter, but why would they if box 1 is not true? Anyway my affadavit had a cross on box 1 and tick in box 2 and IO didn't care (or notice)

Ok good to know. Now I'm confused, I thought they were not giving covid extensions to visa exempt holders, maybe I remember wrong but good that you got one easily. 

Actually with all this confusion it shouldn't matter what box you tick as the real reason is not there anyway. I also don't get this embassy letter thing anymore since no country has any entry restrictions for their own citizens haha. Not sure what box to tick next week then,

7 hours ago, ChomDo said:

That whole announcement is very vague and doesn't state that holders of TR visa can't apply for a second covid extension. I mean we all know it that there are many people on their 7th or 8th covid extension. Have there been any reports from Chaeng Watthana about TR visa holders being denied the newest covid extension?

Well I'll find out next week, but this will be only my second covid extension so I hope it's just as simple as any extension. Last time they didn't ask anything and I was out of there in 10min (because had booked a time). 

I have seen a few reports of people getting denied for multiple covid extensions, all the successful ones I have seen have been from those getting their first covid extension.

I am going Friday, will see what they say, I can get a return flight ticket as I have one already that has free flight changes.

Are they requesting for a return flight ticket within 2 months? 

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Who says it's true? People can post anything they like on Facebook

Anything shared online can be false. Even on this forum, if they wanted to, someone could report a trip that they never took just to be a prankster. I don't mean to be daft, as I know you mean well...but some common sense is in order.  Why would anyone who would otherwise be trying to enjoy their time at the beach or touring the country, sit down to write a detailed fairytale about their visit to an immigration office for a covid extension.  Possible...yes. Likely? I doubt it.  Like I said...common sense.

Edited by audaciousnomad

15 hours ago, dj230 said:

I have seen a few reports of people getting denied for multiple covid extensions, all the successful ones I have seen have been from those getting their first covid extension.

I am going Friday, will see what they say, I can get a return flight ticket as I have one already that has free flight changes.

Can you share what the issues were with those being denied or what extra documents were required? Seems like the reports have been mostly positive without any issues. 

Good luck for Friday then. Going to Chaeng Watthana? Have you done multiple covid extensions so far or your first? 

I have not heard of anyone reporting that a flight ticket would have been asked. I'm in the same situation that I do have a paid flight back to Europe with free date changes so I guess might as well change it to May (60 days from my current covid extension expiry date).

Well that hardly seemed worth the effort. Applied yesterday and was stamped under consideration until 31 March, so only 28 days. As my extension expiry was 14 March, that means I only extended for 17 days.

I know I could have come in on 13 or even 14 March but personally I wouldn't handle the anxiety of not getting it. As it turns out, I have to now go back 31 March to get another 30 days, so same issue of applying on the day of expiry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Well that hardly seemed worth the effort. Applied yesterday and was stamped under consideration until 31 March, so only 28 days. As my extension expiry was 14 March, that means I only extended for 17 days.

I know I could have come in on 13 or even 14 March but personally I wouldn't handle the anxiety of not getting it. As it turns out, I have to now go back 31 March to get another 30 days, so same issue of applying on the day of expiry.

I think you will get 60 days starting on 15-March....so that would be May 13.  What makes you believe you will only get another 30 days?

6 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

I think you will get 60 days starting on 15-March....so that would be May 13.  What makes you believe you will only get another 30 days?

Because the IO told me come back 31 March and get another 30 days. When I said I only got 28 days this time (3 Mar to 31 Mar) she said "no, you get 30 days now and 30 days when you come back"

Edited by aussiexpat

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

When you return on the 31st they will do the 60 day extension stamp that will give you 60 days from the 14th.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Which office did you apply at?

Jomtien

I understood from other posts on here that the first covid extension is from the date you apply, not from the current expiry for entry (while 2nd covid extension would be from expiry date)

• Thanks 1

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Jomtien

I understood from other posts on here that the first covid extension is from the date you apply, not from the current expiry for entry (while 2nd covid extension would be from expiry date)

Thanks. Yes, that would explain why they worded it that way when they said to come back.

18 hours ago, dj230 said:

How'd it go @dj230 ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Can you share what the issues were with those being denied or what extra documents were required? Seems like the reports have been mostly positive without any issues. 

Good luck for Friday then. Going to Chaeng Watthana? Have you done multiple covid extensions so far or your first? 

I have not heard of anyone reporting that a flight ticket would have been asked. I'm in the same situation that I do have a paid flight back to Europe with free date changes so I guess might as well change it to May (60 days from my current covid extension expiry date).

I have just read that people were getting denied or asked for letters from the embassy on the forum

i had to do some things so I’ll be going next week, I go to muang thong Thani because I arrived on a visa exempt, they seem a bit nicer from what I’ve read, it’s my 4th covid extension so I can understand if they tell me no. 

they did tell me last time I went that this was my last extensions but that was a week before the covid-19 extensions got pushed until March (I went in mid January for my last extension) 

I usually make a thread updating my extension experience, I will make one next week as well. 

From what I’ve gathered, if it’s your first time getting a covid extension you have nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 7:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure that is a real immigration announcement. I have seen nothing like it on their websites for Facebook pages.

Look at the lower right corner of it at the source of it.

It was also announced as a written notice by Immigration but in Thai which was translated with the exact same message as the infographic.

So far I've heard from two friends, one in Maha Sarakham, one in Bangkok who applied for a further 60 day Covid extension earlier this week, both refused and told they now need a letter from their respective Embassies to extend their stay any further.

I suspect reports will vary from Office to office, or even from officer to officer.

Edited by Tanoshi

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It was also announced as a written notice by Immigration but in Thai which was translated with the exact same message as the infographic.

So far I've heard from two friends, one in Maha Sarakham, one in Bangkok who applied for a further 60 day Covid extension earlier this week, both refused and told they now need a letter from their respective Embassies to extend their stay any further.

What was their passport country?

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I suspect reports will vary from Office to office, or even from officer to officer.

What I don't get is that what could the embassy possible write in a document like that? Doesn't seem very realistic to try and get an embassy letter at this time when every country is open for return.

Can someone clarify what happens if you get denied. Do they give you a 7 day stamp from the date your current covid extension expires or what? That's another reason I want to go 2 weeks before my expiry date so I have time to think what to do if they deny. For me this will only be my second one so hoping it to go smooth, but who knows. 

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When you return on the 31st they will do the 60 day extension stamp that will give you 60 days from the 14th.

And why do they do this instead of giving him the +60 right away (starting form the 14th)? Does this mean that if we go to apply a few weeks earlier that the expiry date we might also get an "under consideration stamp" instead of the actual covid extension for 60 days?

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

And why do they do this instead of giving him the +60 right away (starting form the 14th)? Does this mean that if we go to apply a few weeks earlier that the expiry date we might also get an "under consideration stamp" instead of the actual covid extension for 60 days?

The under consideration period is done since the application has to be approved at higher level of immigration.

Some offices do not do the under consideration period since they were given permission to do the approval at the local level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration period is done since the application has to be approved at higher level of immigration.

Some offices do not do the under consideration period since they were given permission to do the approval at the local level.

Ok thanks for the clarification. I hope Chaeng Watthana doesn't have this system.

Btw do know what happens if you get denied covid extension? Do they give you a 7 day stamp from the date your current covid extension expires or are there any better options? 

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Ok thanks for the clarification. I hope Chaeng Watthana doesn't have this system.

There is no under consideration period when applying there or at Muang Thong Thani (visa exempt entries).

16 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Btw do know what happens if you get denied covid extension? Do they give you a 7 day stamp from the date your current covid extension expires or are there any better options?

The will not do the 7 days to leave the country unless it is denied after paying the 1900 baht fee for it. If they did one it would from the day your current permit to stay ends.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no under consideration period when applying there or at Muang Thong Thani (visa exempt entries).

The will not do the 7 days to leave the country unless it is denied after paying the 1900 baht fee for it. If they did one it would from the day your current permit to stay ends.

Thanks for the info. I've never been denied an extension in Thailand so I'm just curious what happens if they don't give you another covid extension? I mean let's say I went to apply on the date of my current covid extension expiry date. If they denied the extension I would have to get out of the country the next day or otherwise I'm overstaying, right? So they don't give any grace period to prepare your exit out of Thailand if covid extension is denied? 

14 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Thanks for the info. I've never been denied an extension in Thailand so I'm just curious what happens if they don't give you another covid extension? I mean let's say I went to apply on the date of my current covid extension expiry date. If they denied the extension I would have to get out of the country the next day or otherwise I'm overstaying, right? So they don't give any grace period to prepare your exit out of Thailand if covid extension is denied? 

You could ask them for the 7 days to leave the country stamp if your application was not accepted. They would have you pay the 1900 baht fee and they would deny and do the stamp.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could ask them for the 7 days to leave the country stamp if your application was not accepted. They would have you pay the 1900 baht fee and they would deny and do the stamp.

Good to know, thanks! So even more reason to go a few weeks early so can be prepared just in case there is any trouble. I'll book an appointment at CW for next week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I'm finding confusing information about the place to extend different visa types. So I just made a booking to "extend TR visa" at Chaeng Watthana Division 1 as usual. But that states "extension or TR visa" but actually I'm extending my Codiv extension (I did originally arrive with TR visa tho), so is this correct? There is no option of "extending covid extension" in the booking system.

Then I also found this info posted on the immigration page that says TR visa extensions done at Muang Thong Thaini since July 2020. That must be some very old info because I did a TR visa extension in Chaeng Watthana after that.

Another thing is that I was going to go with a friend who needs to extend his 30 days Exempt stamp. I guess he has to go to Muang Thong Thani and I to CW so that wont work, right? I think the wording is off in the Muang Thing Thani notice below. It says "applying for short term visa". I guess they mean extending Visa Exemption hmm.

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 11.52.12.png

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 11.54.17.png

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I'm finding confusing information about the place to extend different visa types

If you entered tourist visa you will obtain your covid extension at CW.

If entered visa exempt you attend Mueang Thong Thani. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered tourist visa you will obtain your covid extension at CW.

If entered visa exempt you attend Mueang Thong Thani. 

Thanks ???? I kind of thought so but plenty of messy info on the immi pages to create confusion. Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 1