Covid extension issues?

I have the "under consideration" stamp for covid extension and I have to go back 31 March. Anybody know what I need to get the full stamp. Is it just give passport and wait for stamp or is there other paperwork required?

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have the "under consideration" stamp for covid extension and I have to go back 31 March. Anybody know what I need to get the full stamp. Is it just give passport and wait for stamp or is there other paperwork required?

No paperwork needed, only passport - Its a done deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Turn up with pp. They stamp it.

That's it. 

22 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Went this morning, they were definitely a bit more adamant this would be the last extension but they had no issues giving me it

They are assuming the order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions will not be extended again when they say that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Some reassuring news for you @dj230

I went today (Bangkok-MTT). Other than lots of people there (maybe because it's Monday), I had no hassles at all.  Did not ask me why I'm still here. Did not ask me when I will leave. Took my app+1900baht and stamped me through to 24-May. ????????

PP = USA

Visa = Exempt

Important note: I have been here since the pandemic started. ????

That's great news! Nice to hear that it went so smooth, especially if you've been extending for 2 years haha. I'm going end of this week to CW and hope it's the same.

Btw did you get more than 60 days or was your current stamp expiring March 24?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

That's great news! Nice to hear that it went so smooth, especially if you've been extending for 2 years haha. I'm going end of this week to CW and hope it's the same.

He got 60 days. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are assuming the order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions will not be extended again when they say that.

Yes... ⬆️⬆️⬆️THIS RIGHT HERE ⬆️⬆️⬆️  100%.  I have been here since the pandemic started in 2020. I estimate that every 2nd time I came in for an extension, I was kindly and sometimes harshly informed "This is the last one!". And a few weeks later, officials in govt decided to extend the covid program. That's when I realized that IOs find out the same time ALL OF US find out if the program will continue. So when they say "last time", it is actually the truth based on what the current rules are on the day you are applying.  ????

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Because I have an existing covid stamp that expires 25-Mar, I was given 60 days from that date so my permission to stay stamp says 24-May.

If I had applied with an existing stamp from a normal 30-day extension, I would have lost any remaining days on that 30-day stamp because they would have cancelled that extension and started a new(different type) covid extension and the 60-days would begin on the day I applied, 7-Mar.

Edited by audaciousnomad

16 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Because I have an existing covid stamp that expires 25-Mar, I was given 60 days from that date so my permission to stay stamp says 24-May.

If I had applied with an existing stamp from a normal 30-day extension, I would have lost any remaining days on that 30-day stamp because they would have cancelled that extension and started a new(different type) covid extension and the 60-days would begin on the day I applied, 7-Mar.

Do you know if it's still possible to apply 30days  before your your current extensison ends?

I have friends from norway tried extend covid visa today.All 11 denied and get 7 days to get out.The IO have said this is over.The reason was that other countries open and they have no legit reason to stay on that kind of visa anymore.

1 minute ago, stigar said:

I have friends from norway tried extend covid visa today.All 11 denied and get 7 days to get out.The IO have said this is over.The reason was that other countries open and they have no legit reason to stay on that kind of visa anymore.

7 days extra from when their permission to stay expires or just 7 days from the denial?

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

7 days extra from when their permission to stay expires or just 7 days from the denial?

They told me that they have to leave in maximum 7 days.All of them wery stressed now.

7 minutes ago, stigar said:

The big question is what Visa were they on when they entered Thailand. If not visa exempt or tourist visa then of course they'll be denied. 

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The big question is what Visa were they on when they entered Thailand. If not visa exempt or tourist visa then of course they'll be denied. 

They arrived on TR..get their exempt 30 days allready...now they wan to get covid exempt but was denied.

14 minutes ago, stigar said:

They arrived on TR..get their exempt 30 days allready...now they wan to get covid exempt but was denied.

That sounds like the end of covid extensions then....I just got mine no problem on 3 March so it's become a lottery...

Edited by aussiexpat

37 minutes ago, stigar said:

Which office?  Some of the offices are not very kind. Because humans are not robots. You get some kind ones, and you get some not-so-kind ones.

12 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Find that a bit hard to believe. Especially Coming from yourself a guy who seems to  be against people staying here using covid extensions. 

It was only eleven. All from Norway and all on the same day. Also all  receive the 7 day get out of dodge stamp. 

Yeah sure.

???? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It was only eleven. All from Norway and all on the same day.

Yeah sure.

????

Everybody went to same IMM and was denied.This was in CW...Whats so funny about that?They went together because they friends.Males and females.

5 minutes ago, stigar said:

CW in BKK

I'm surprised. There's a reason some are denied, and others are not.  It's not miraculous reasons, sometimes it is common sense. (Dress well, don't be rude, etc.) I don't know what your friends interaction was...but I am sure there's more to the story than they were "just denied" and told to leave.

6 minutes ago, stigar said:

Everybody went to same IMM and was denied.This was in CW...Whats so funny about that?They went together because they friends.Males and females.

Because apparently the whole 11 entered on tourist visas and all rejected for covid extension. 

Was this at CW or Ripley's Believe It or Not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

As you say the 11 are friends of yours, easy to stop the speculation you are trolling by posting a photo of one of their 7 days to leave stamp....otherwise does sound very fishy given your hatred of covid extensions and mine was pretty easy to get

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

He got 60 days. 

8 hours ago, ChomDo said:

I've only been extending it for about a year, I think this is my 4th covid extension

Was quite odd, they asked me what day my return flight will be and they extended it until that date, my visa initially was set to expire March 18th so I just put May 18th for ease, so that's when my visa was stamped to expire, in hindsight I should have put May 24th, I forgot they usually give you 60 days from the extension expiration. They always did that for me in the past. 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

As you say the 11 are friends of yours, easy to stop the speculation you are trolling by posting a photo of one of their 7 days to leave stamp....otherwise does sound very fishy given your hatred of covid extensions and mine was pretty easy to get

What a story haha. There might be plenty of things behind this story that we don't know. The Norwegian group must have done something wrong or then the whole story is bogus like many here speculate.

I mean if someone is against covid extensions and people "abusing the system" they have some serious personal issues! There's simply nothing wrong with doing that and besides that, if the country offers limited visa classes like this, people will keep taking advantage of all the tricks possible. Why wouldn't they!  

• Like 1