Property market shows signs of recovery but pandemic effects still linger

webfact

te4.jpg

By Panithan Onthaworn and Cod Satrusayang

Thailand’s property market showed signs of recovery after two years of Covid-impacted earnings with several of the country’s top developers predicting a better fiscal year 2022 after a lacklustre 2021.

That said, the sector is still feeling the impact of the pandemic which has affected cashflow, customer credit, and has been a barrier to overseas investment.

“The most notable absence in the Thai property market is the lack of Chinese investors in condos and luxury condos,” said a source at Sansiri PLC.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/38033/property-market-shows-signs-of-recovery-but-pandemic-effects-still-linger/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s property market showed signs of recovery after two years of Covid-impacted earnings with several of the country’s top developers predicting a better fiscal year 2022 after a lacklustre 2021.

Totally misleading article and headline when the crux of the message is that it is predicted by the top developers.

Sacks of desperation once again.

I can't wait to see next weeks 'hopium" headline.

35 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

I foresee a flood of Russian owned condos put on the market in Jomtien. 

Agree...Russians won't be doing much international travel in the near future as their "rubble" won't be worth much, and many may be looking to sell foreign assets for hard currency.

1 hour ago, JimHuaHin said:

Recovery?  Where?  Data please.  Here in Hua Hin, I am still seeing some massively overpriced properties for sale; some of which have been on the market at the same price for 3+ years.

Many thanks, been looking for some time to move to Hua Hin from BKK.

<deleted> me, the overpriced properties in Hua Hin are as crazy as BKK prices these days.

Surely, they are delusional about selling at the list prices I see in Hua Hin agents' listings, or are there so many rich loonies out there that would pay these over the top prices.

Guess, it comes down to supply and demand and who has deep pockets. 

There are wealthy Thais still buying 2nd homes, but that is a drop in the bucket for most condos. Most other people that buy will be looking for Big discounts. Way to many condos on the market as it is. It’ll take many years before it even starts to get close to what it used to be, if ever.