"thailand visa guys" anybody have experience with them?

16 hours ago, iziz said:

i have done covid visa extension with ThaiVisaCentre previously, they were not able to help me in my current situation as my question to them was unanswered. The visa agent in question is "thailand visa guys", look them up on facebook they have a blue display pic.

yes they are the best to take people money but don't ask them to help in case you really need help !!!

1 minute ago, bangkokstick said:

Time to feel ridiculous ? ALL OF THEM deals with immigration outside BKK !

Depends on the service.

Annual extension eg retirement would be obtained up country..

Covid extensions would be obtain in Bangkok if that's where you reside.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iziz said:

i might be thinking too much but some red flags

1. only has a virtual office in sathorn bangkok

2. full payment first

Many "legitimate" agents do not even have a virtual office for clients use, that's no concern.

They all need payment up front to pay Immigration.  No immigration officer provides visas/extensions with payment after the extension has been put in the passport.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 hours ago, iziz said:

i have been using agents to extend my visas outside of bangkok, but for this situation that i'm in right now seems that most agents are not able to help me

Many agents/IOs currently have ED visa services on hold and have had for a couple of months.   If you're being offered one, I'd take it unless you have some good reason for doubting their legitimacy.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

15 hours ago, Caldera said:
16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any reports about them on this forum. Used Google search and found it.

Website here. https://thaivisa-guys.com/

That domain was registered in late January, to a guy in Japan. Like the red flags the OP has already mentioned, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The registration date of a website for a grey area business should not be any great concern, many long established agents don't even an office, never mind a website.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, bangkokstick said:

all those "visa agents" are overpriced scammer, especially the one in bangna....

"...all those "visa agents" are overpriced scammer [sic]..."

Nonsense.   They're not all what you describe, most of them can, and do, provide a visas/extensions, that is not being a scammer.

37 minutes ago, bangkokstick said:
12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My agent picks me up from my house. We meet the IO at the bank. We take photos of each other. I pay in advance or at the time of transaction in IO. I am Pattaya based. What you describe sounds a bit dodgy to me!

What agent and for which visa please ?

Which visa/extension do you need?

1 hour ago, zugzug123 said:

You can get an ED visa with a language school

according to regulations i am not supposed to be able to get another ED visa because i have a total of 14months ed-visa with another language school

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Many "legitimate" agents do not even have a virtual office for clients use, that's no concern.

They all need payment up front to pay Immigration.  No immigration officer provides visas/extensions with payment after the extension has been put in the passport.

i'm trying my best to ask for more information from the agent and then decide my next step. Seems like this agent is quite new. From what i know different agents are able to do different visa processes depending on their connection but this area is really grey and i don't want to end up on the grey area. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, iziz said:

according to regulations i am not supposed to be able to get another ED visa because i have a total of 14months ed-visa with another language school

If you've had an ED visa to study thai before... You could apply for another ED visa to study English, or anything else for which there are ED visas.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, iziz said:

i'm trying my best to ask for more information from the agent and then decide my next step. Seems like this agent is quite new. From what i know different agents are able to do different visa processes depending on their connection but this area is really grey and i don't want to end up on the grey area. 

Every agent, without exception, operates in a grey area.  Just because of that does not mean that any extensions that are obtained that way are anything to worry about, they're still legitimate extensions, albeit obtained by a circuitous route.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

If you've had an ED visa to study thai before... You could apply for another ED visa to study English, or anything else for which there are ED visas.

But isn't there a rule that you must leave the country after one year of studying at an informal school, and start over with a new visa? I thought that was the main stumbling block.

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

But isn't there a rule that you must leave the country after one year of studying at an informal school, and start over with a new visa? I thought that was the main stumbling block.

Ah, this is not an option for OP? Sorry haven't read the whole thread ????

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Isn't the idea of an ED visa to learn the Thai language or are you saying that an English-speaker could enroll at an English-language school to "learn" English?

It would probably not work if you are from a primarily English speaking country, but it's possible to get an ED visa to study English in Thailand, yes.

By the way, ED visa is not only to learn Thai, you can get an ED visa to study many things that is taught in schools/universities. I know somebody who did his MBA here ????

Edited by zugzug123

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Yes the stumbling block is that i have to leave to apply for another ED, i actually contacted another language school to enquire about this. 

47 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

My agent does. Last January she helped me obtain retirement ext from CW. Pay when meet.

If you are a legitimate applicant then agent who does your application at CW will be easy just that you save time and effort to queue at CW. I used to do go to CW for my own extensions but since covid hit i am worried for my health therefore i chose to use an agent to do my extensions by paying a slight premium.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Every agent, without exception, operates in a grey area.  Just because of that does not mean that any extensions that are obtained that way are anything to worry about, they're still legitimate extensions, albeit obtained by a circuitous route.

I agree but i have to consider all options and also try to think of the worse possible scenario before i decide my next step. I will love to stay and not leave but i don't want to risk having issues with immigration as i plan to settle down here in another few years. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What visa do you suggest he can obtain at local immigration office.

That's sorta funny. 

If the OP can't get a Visa legally in the Kingdom he needs to leave, get one elswhere and return. Do it legally like the majority of us do.

3 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

If the OP can't get a Visa legally in the Kingdom he needs to leave, get one elswhere and return. Do it legally like the majority of us do.

And what visa exactly did you obtain inside Thailand. 

6 hours ago, iziz said:

my plan is to stay for another 6 months and during this 6 months i might be getting married in Thailand then i will be getting a marriage visa. How does the medical extension work? The tricky issue is that i entered Thailand with a non-ed.

You can, in principle, get a medical extension of between 30 and 90 days regardless of you current immigration status. It is extremely dodgy doing this when you are not actually seriously ill. An immigration doctor somewhere in Nakhorn Nowhere is being bribed to state that owing to <bs condition here> you are too ill to travel.

Once you are married, since you are already on a Non Immigrant entry, it should be possible to get an extension of stay based on marriage. This can be a one-year extension directly, or (one time and simpler) a 60-day extension.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends on the service.

Annual extension eg retirement would be obtained up country..

Covid extensions would be obtain in Bangkok if that's where you reside.

While more expensive, at the current time, some Bangkok agents can process retirement extensions in Bangkok (with or without financial proof). This has the advantage that you are without your passport for, at most, one night.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

While more expensive, at the current time, some Bangkok agents can process retirement extensions in Bangkok (with or without financial proof). This has the advantage that you are without your passport for, at most, one night.

I'm not familiar with any. 

5 hours ago, iziz said:

I will love to stay and not leave but i don't want to risk having issues with immigration as i plan to settle down here in another few years. 

What issues are you imagining you may have with Immigration?   They are the ones who would be giving you your extension!    

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Isn't the idea of an ED visa to learn the Thai language or are you saying that an English-speaker could enroll at an English-language school to "learn" English?

I assume Ed visa is to learn a language other than your native ones. If you are a native English speaker, you can enroll in Chinese, Russian, Germany, etc except English. 

20 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I assume Ed visa is to learn a language other than your native ones. If you are a native English speaker, you can enroll in Chinese, Russian, Germany, etc except English. 

Why not English.

Lot of UK folk could benefit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1