"thailand visa guys" anybody have experience with them?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not English.

Lot of UK folk could benefit.

We Brits are convinced that it is the Americans who could benefit ????

Regardless, the powers that be (deluded fools) assume that native English speakers are sufficiently adept in their own language that they do not need to take lessons to be able to function. That is probably due to few in immigration speaking English at a level which would allow them to judge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

While more expensive, at the current time, some Bangkok agents can process retirement extensions in Bangkok (with or without financial proof). This has the advantage that you are without your passport for, at most, one night.

I was with my passport the whole time from the meeting of the agent at CW, opening a bank account with funds, and then applying for retirement. ext.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

We Brits are convinced that it is the Americans who could benefit

English is not owned by the British people. It has many variations and each country has adopted it differently wherever the English people went to loot the native resources to lay the financial foundations of today's England. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

English is not owned by the British people. It has many variations and each country has adopted it differently wherever the English people went to loot the native resources to lay the financial foundations of today's England. 

That is extremely unfair. In some cases, we had no interest in looting the native resources. We just wanted a place to dump our criminals. It is similar to today where we exploit the resources of some third world countries, while mostly using others purely as a place to dump our electronic and dangerous chemical waste. Admittedly, we no longer insist that they speak English while we are doing it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Isn't the idea of an ED visa to learn the Thai language or are you saying that an English-speaker could enroll at an English-language school to "learn" English?

I assume Ed visa is to learn a language other than your native ones. If you are a native English speaker, you can enroll in Chinese, Russian, Germany, etc except English. 

That was my question to the poster who suggested an English course for an ED visa to an English-speaking OP.    Where did you find the confirmation that, as would seem to be obvious, it is actually not permitted?   I could find nothing specific.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@roo860.

You gave a confused emoji re my post that I do not know any agents that obtain annual extensions at CW.

Can you share knowledge of agents that do.

Was a slip of the emoji. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

Maybe Elite PE visa?

You can get the visa affixed when you land at Suvarnabhumi or at CW.

That's correct and very useful visa if you have a lazy 600k.

For a 45 yr old retired and not married excellent option. 

• 6 months later...

I have a non immigrant O retirement visa. It is due for 12 month extension. I have 560000 baht in bank account for over 1 year, never dropped below 400000. I have transferred over 840000 in also during the year, but CW aren't happy with this and want me to do a visa run and then after 1 month, change to non immi O and then after 3 months, apply for 12 month extension. Yeah, so easy. Ummmm im trying to extend it now. My local bank is uob. I asked thai visa centre and they said can assist, but I'd have to change my bank to one of the "usual ones" first. I asked thai visa guys and they said they can assist and I don't have to pay until the visa is in my passport. I'll keep you updated on progress

3 minutes ago, johnno2 said:

I have a non immigrant O retirement visa. It is due for 12 month extension. I have 560000 baht in bank account for over 1 year, never dropped below 400000. I have transferred over 840000 in also during the year, but CW aren't happy with this and want me to do a visa run and then after 1 month, change to non immi O and then after 3 months, apply for 12 month extension.

Has the total of more than 800k baht been in the bank for 2 months? If yes I don't understand what the problem with immigration is.

14 minutes ago, johnno2 said:

I have 560000 baht in bank account for over 1 year, never dropped below 400000.

And what about the other requirements.

Not below 800k for three months after last extension and back to 800k for two months prior to this application.

I'm guessing not. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you had experience with CW? I said I have transferred the 840000 in this year, x amount each month. Not 65000 regularly. But the total for the year is over 1300000. My thai wife was with me and we asked the lady supervisor "aren't you able to have the 800000 as money in bank for 12 months (over 400000) plus transfers in totalling over 800000." She wouldn't answer and deflected back to the 65000 each month regularly. 

I was originally trying for marriage to the extension. What a nightmare that was. We were married in australia. CW wanted it legalized at thai consular services. Thai consular services wanted it notarized by Australian embassy and translated to thai. There was some mention about KOR 22 but by that stage my head was spinning so I dumped that idea. 

Oh, here's another good CW story, my visa started 23 sept. I had 800000 in the bank and was allowed to take money out after 3 months but balance had to stay above 400K as I'm sure you know. On 23 Dec, I withdrew 30000. When I went to CW yesterday, they say I withdrew the money 2 days early (notice I said they, not just 1 person, a few of them). Wot????? I patiently explained (i call it logic) that my 12 month visa expires on 22nd, that means 12 months finishes on 22nd. So if 12 months finishes on 22nd, 3 months finishes on 22nd. Means I can withdraw on 23rd, which is what I did. After about 1 hour of waiting while high level discussions took place, they eventually agreed. My head was ready to explode and my thai wife was nearly in tears, lots of other visa staff came to tell her not to worry. Can you understand why I might be interested in using a visa agent for this extension. Next extension will be 65,000 monthly, or if this is as easy as i read, i might stick to an agent. CW can be a nightmare or it can be easy. I hear more nightmare stories than good ones. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And what about the other requirements.

Not below 800k for three months after last extension and back to 800k for two months prior to this application.

I'm guessing not. 

Don't guess, it's the same as assuming. 

29 minutes ago, johnno2 said:

Don't guess, it's the same as assuming. 

Clearly you do not understand the requirements at CW for extension based on retirement or marriage.

I am aware of the requirements and hence never have an issue at CW. 

Strange how there are very few posts about issues with extensions at CW.

From my experience it's always down to the applicant 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, johnno2 said:

I said I have transferred the 840000 in this year, x amount each month. Not 65000 regularly.

The requirement for income method is 65k+ per month.

Not aware of any immigration office that accepts an "average" amount of 65k .

Some folk have been caught out if their transfers are at end of month and due to holidays or whatever the transfer has been delayed to next month.

Immigration doesn't like excuses. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There's an excellent agent in Pattaya that many people use.

Office conveniently located off of Soi Buchow.

PM me if you want the number and location. 

You can post name of agent on AseanNow.

My guess your referring to Maneerat soi post office. 

Yes good agent. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can post name of agent on AseanNow.

My guess your referring to Maneerat soi post office. 

Yes good agent. 

Maneerat is also very good.

However I've been using Paul for the last few years.  

On 9/17/2022 at 5:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

The requirement for income method is 65k+ per month.

Not aware of any immigration office that accepts an "average" amount of 65k .

Some folk have been caught out if their transfers are at end of month and due to holidays or whatever the transfer has been delayed to next month.

Immigration doesn't like excuses. 

Screenshot_20220919-200700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.630cbff1d6297ac43ca483322d177701.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, johnno2 said:

Screenshot_20220919-200700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.630cbff1d6297ac43ca483322d177701.jpg

Good luck using the combo method at many immigration offices.  BTW there is no such thing as a Security deposit when applying for an extension of stay.  You either have 65k transferred every month into a Thai bank account or use a 800K Fixed deposit account.  If you use the monthly income method and you miss a month in transferring the 65k into the bank you are out of luck and will be denied.  Now if you are going to pay an agent to do your extension then obviously they will placate the I/O by showing them what's needed even if you do not have it.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

or use a 800K Fixed deposit account

It has to be a Fixed deposit account?

I was under the impression any account,  such as a savings account,  would do, as long as the money stays in the account 2 months before and 3 (not sure?) months after thr extension. 

A friend just did his extension yesterday,  he doesn't have a fixed deposit account (he uses a foreign currency account).

30 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I was under the impression any account,  such as a savings account,  would do, as long as the money stays in the account 2 months before and 3 (not sure?) months after thr extension. 

A friend just did his extension yesterday,  he doesn't have a fixed deposit account (he uses a foreign currency account).

You are correct, it doesn't need to be a fixed deposit account.

In fact, over the years some offices have not accepted fixed deposit accounts, wanting to see money being spent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

No

I think most people use a standard savings account.

The 800K has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply and then for 3 months after that. Then after the 3 months you can lower it to 400k baht until you top up the account to 800 baht.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

I used Fixed Deposit account as an example, sorry about that.  As long as your able to show 800K is in the bank and you have a letter from the bank confirming it, and many of the Immigration locations, well at least CW does, want to see a deposit the day of the extension application.  It can not be a joint account at all, No issues.

Edited by ThailandRyan