Vaccination Yellow Book advice please

Negita43

7 hours ago, treetops said:

What is the stuff you inserted at the bottom of my post that you quoted?  Please remove it as I did not make the comment?

That was not an addition to your post; it was a reply to it. It is the same when you reply to another member's post.

10 hours ago, Puccini said:

That was not an addition to your post; it was a reply to it. It is the same when you reply to another member's post.

Hi, look at how you can manipulate quotes to confuse people.

Read again.  There was a lot of text added within the quote box that was not in my original post.  Here is the additional bit:

image.png.233cff52a8fe22cd50057ace5bd7a1e7.png

I've just done something similar to my quote of yours in this post.  Have a look.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, Aussieroaming said:

I signed it in the administrators presence. Reality though is with travelling overseas and locally neither my wife or myself have been asked for the yellow book, only the vaccine certificates.

Yup.

My buddy traveled to India and this yellow book was instantaneously rejected coz no QR + hand written.

Showed the QR code Vax cert, stamped in 

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Read again.  There was a lot of text added within the quote box that was not in my original post.  Here is the additional bit:

image.png.233cff52a8fe22cd50057ace5bd7a1e7.png

I've just done something similar to my quote of yours in this post.  Have a look.

Got it. Your'e right. It is  particularly nasty thing for another member to do.

Edited by Puccini

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Yup.

My buddy traveled to India and this yellow book was instantaneously rejected coz no QR + hand written.

Showed the QR code Vax cert, stamped in 

My Yellow International Vaccine book from MOPH has the information typed into it with the doctors name typed and his signature above it for both of the listed vaccines.  Not sure how a book was handwritten.  I picked mine up 3 days after they started issuing them at MOPH in November.  It also has the Official MOPH red stamps next to each indicated vaccination.  The QR Code I have on my Mor Prom App if needed.  Showed the vaccine book at check-in for my flights to the US and on return never an issue.

I haven't got a yellow book yet, but I plan to get one eventually. I'll probably be in Thailand for a couple more years, but it's unlikely to be more than that. I don't know how COVID vaccinations are going to play out in the long term. However, based on my experiences with Thai Gov IT so far, I have zero confidence that Mor Prom will be stable and available indefinitely, or that the QR codes will continue to work indefinitely.

If/when they introduce some new system which half works some of the time, it may easy to switch over if you are in Thailand with a Thai phone number, (or maybe not), but I don't expect they will make it easy for anyone who has left. 

The yellow book might not be much use now, but it may end up being the only accessible official record I have of my vaccinations here. 

20 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

The yellow book might not be much use now, but it may end up being the only accessible official record I have of my vaccinations here. 

Download or screenshot the Mor Phrom records now and store soft and hard copies elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, treetops said:

Download or screenshot the Mor Phrom records now and store soft and hard copies elsewhere.

I already have, but if the QR codes eventually stop working, they will be useless without a wet signature or a stamp. Anyone can Photoshop a screenshot or edit a PDF.

On 3/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, ThailandRyan said:

My Yellow International Vaccine book from MOPH has the information typed into it with the doctors name typed and his signature above it for both of the listed vaccines.  Not sure how a book was handwritten.  I picked mine up 3 days after they started issuing them at MOPH in November.  It also has the Official MOPH red stamps next to each indicated vaccination.  The QR Code I have on my Mor Prom App if needed.  Showed the vaccine book at check-in for my flights to the US and on return never an issue.

After my first two vaccines (AZ) I was given a certificate with a QR code, I then obtained a yellow passport, which was signed and chopped with the MoPH/Thai government red Garuda signature. I signed the yellow passport, where indicated. After my third dose, Moderna at Bangkok Hospital, they added that to my QR code, issued me with a QR code certificate (with the 2 AZ doses) and subsequently added the third inoculation to the yellow passport, in handwriting, signed and chopped by the hospital. In all cases the MorProm app has all three doses. I think I've covered the bases for any future international travel.

My previous yellow vaccine book, (back in the day), was always completed by hand, and signed by the doctor. Additional pages were added, as required.

I expect once the world moves on to the endemic assessment, the need to show vaccine proof will fade, as I think it already has in countries, (like UK, for example, from what I've read, not personally having travelled there since the pandemic started in 2019.

Edited by samtam

• 7 months later...