Don’t park in front of my Bar!!!

On 3/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

You have to understand local attitudes towards territorial p!$sings. They really believe it's their personal parking space and don't really have any concept of property demarcation lines

Do worry.  They'll be reborn as highly territorial animals in their next life.

• Haha 2

Loads of businesses do this: restaurant, massage, salon, pub, pharmacy, etc. etc.; they block the parking space with cones, signs, concrete blocks, chairs, their laundry, and anything else they can find.

Who are they saving the space for? Lol

Their customers can't even park; they have lost my money countless times due to me not being able to park. Illogical idiocy.

Thais will always take what isn't theirs. And the street stall people always take half a metre more than they really need.

Well this is 50-50 situations.

He is right, because it is his business and its business area. So, people see it and come. Technically you are closing the view of the shop both from inside and outside. Also it looks better and some other marketing reasons. it is always good to have open area in front of your bar. Also, that area is kind of belongs to the patrons, people who come to sit at the bar. To be honest if you were the bar owner you would do the same thing, trust me: tell people to park somewhere else because you want people who comes to your place park there. And again some other reasons. 

You are right, because as you said that area is public area so anyone can park there. 

On 3/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, Hummin said:

If I owned a shop, I would reserve the spot right outside my shop for myself and my customers, or Im wrong even think that is my rights? 

I guess everyone here would have done exactly the same!

totally agree, im also pretty sure if the OP has a bar, he would do the same.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't know all of Sam's poetry, the ones I've read don't seem to do much rhyming. They're on the internet for those interested.

I was lucky enough to see him orate in Wellington way back in the late 70s or early 80s and have one of his books signed by him.

To add something on topic, I reckon money would exchange hands for a street food hawker to operate from a certain location and if anyone was to deny that space they might regret it.

Same with regards to parking m'bikes on a public road in a town, There is usually someone collecting money to allow your m'bike to remain in one piece.

Asked she who must be obeyed and she claims all the street traders have to pay someone for their pitch............locals, RTP, enforcers........I've been sat with street bar owners on soi 7 in Bangkok when they have had to pay the RTP.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

Thais will always take what isn't theirs.

This and the nonsense about local attitudes towards territorial p!$sings represent typical forum bigotry. 

Hardly just Thais, sorry to <deleted> that little balloon. Yes, the OP would do the same.

It was a Brit thug bar owner on Soi Yamato who came out and threatened that if I didn’t move my bike from in front of his bar, I’d find it on the ground when I came back. I moved it.

Happily, not long thereafter the GBP (Great British Peso) fell against the baht, his yob and baked-beans-on-toast customer base disappeared, and his bar quickly went out of business. I then parked in front of his decayed frontage as often as I wished.????

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, BigStar said:

This and the nonsense about local attitudes towards territorial p!$sings represent typical forum bigotry. 

Hardly just Thais, sorry to <deleted> that little balloon. Yes, the OP would do the same.

It was a Brit thug bar owner on Soi Yamato who came out and threatened that if I didn’t move my bike from in front of his bar, I’d find it on the ground when I came back. I moved it.

Happily, not long thereafter the GBP (Great British Peso) fell against the baht, his yob and baked-beans-on-toast customer base disappeared, and his bar quickly went out of business. I then parked in front of his decayed frontage as often as I wished.????

Never seen anyone do this in the West; when in Rome (or LOS), I guess.

I said local attitudes, I didn't say local Thais. i.e. bending the rules, see my post here

You're not the first person to call me a bigot while making your own assumptions about me, you won't be the last. . . and actually I believe that to be bigotry.

You might better be served with the ignore function, you can just pretend you know what I believe.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

20 hours ago, connda said:

Do worry.  They'll be reborn as highly territorial animals in their next life.

This comment made me think of this Far Side cartoon;

Philip Hambling on Twitter: &amp;quot;Recent events brought this Far Side cartoon to  mind. Are bigger fences needed in a world that&amp;#39;s getting smaller?  https://t.co/U0eb89qhvB&amp;quot; / Twitter

• Haha 1