Leading Pattaya business and tourism associations push government to end early closing times, allow some Songkran relaxations, and legally reopen bars and nightlife

webfact

barsone-696x522.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - Yesterday, March 4th, 2022, two prominent business and tourism association leaders spoke with local Pattaya media to express their opinions on what was still holding back tourism and hospitality in the local area.

Mr. Provt Saekoo, President of the Eastern Thai Hotels Association, stated that the hotel association believed that to recover tourism, especially domestic, the Thai Center for Cvid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, would need to give the “green light” to tourism activities and events being allowed for Songkran, the water festival, in April, the Thai new year and generally the biggest holiday of the year for Thais.

The President stated that members understood that “cases” of Covid-19 remained high in Banglamung and Pattaya, however, data from the Chonburi Ministry of Public Health showed that currently, 99.2 percent of almost 27,500 cases were mild or asymptomatic. 0.72 percent of cases had “moderate” but manageable symptoms and only 11 cases had been considered truly serious, with pneumonia or on a ventilator. Deaths remained very low and nearly all had pre-existing conditions or were extremely elderly.

Additionally, according to Chonburi Public Health, the province remains the highest vaccinated province in Thailand, and Pattaya specifically, according to the mayor, Sonthaya Khunplume, was over 90% vaccinated, based on place of residence. Chonburi also has ample hospital capacity and resources.

As a result, the President hoped the CCSA would allow “some” Songkran activities, even if water fights were not allowed. This could include street festivals on Beach Road with vendors, shows, concerts, parades, shopping, food, and religious and cultural activities for the whole family.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/05/leading-pattaya-business-and-tourism-associations-push-government-to-end-early-closing-times-allow-some-songkran-relaxations-and-legally-reopen-bars-and-nightlife/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

The Government should make decisions... What is the use of a restriction that restaurants open till 11 pm can sell alcohol... On the other hand who is going out for diner at 11pm??? How about festivals?? There was last week in Phetchaburi Phra Nakhon Kiri festival..... Big market and a lot of people, This week it is in Ban Lat with big shows that we can hear 5 km away from the place .... and also a lot of people drinking alcohol... Banning alcohol is useless.. people will drink anyway as a restaurant can not sell it it is not not allowed to drink your alcohol... So I buy a bottle of whiskey go the restaurant I order soda and I can drink till I don't know, and the restaurant doesn't sell alcohol... And if not llowed I buy a small bottle in the restaurant and after 11pm I open my own bottle..Same happens on the festivals.. And how about an Advice not gather with more than 50 people? Who check it? enforce or allow it but not leave it to the community

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems really dead this weekend.  I just walked BR and had a couple of the beach chair vendors saying I could sit for free,   just order one Coke 30 b.

Yeah I parked my truck on Beach Rd (Beach Side) without getting aggravation from the chair vendors who of course own it all! ????

13 hours ago, khunPer said:

According to the authorities Pattaya has become a family destination, so little hard to see how bars and nightlife can improve business...????

I not been in pattya for 11 years.Not my kind of place.I travel to thailand 73 times.I prefer BKK and KORAT.I had my time in pattaya before and had fun.Im not an angel but when i get older i look for other places.Im happy with a peaceful quiet life without drama with my lady in KORAT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stigar said:

I not been in pattya for 11 years.Not my kind of place.I travel to thailand 73 times.I prefer BKK and KORAT.I had my time in pattaya before and had fun.Im not an angel but when i get older i look for other places.Im happy with a peaceful quiet life without drama with my lady in KORAT.

My wife is from Korat , she rather be in Pattaya. 

• Haha 1

I was in a bar in Jomtien on Friday, usually the shutters come down dead on 11pm, but I was surprised that they kept serving this night

At just before 12am two cops came in videoing everyone and looking in bins, never really bothered the customers, after about 20 minutes of phone calls they left and the bar carried on till about 12.30.am

Apparently, Pattaya has a new "unofficial" 1am closing endorsed by the police. Any bar owners on here can confirm this?

On 3/6/2022 at 2:18 AM, stigar said:

I hope you don't mean the main City, Nakhon Ratchasima is not a place I would want to live. 

• Like 1