Two people escape a dramatic fiery car crash with only scrapes and bruises in the Pattaya area

webfact

S__13754379-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – A 35-year-old driver and his passenger have survived after his vehicle crashed into a guardrail before it erupted into flames in Banglamung, March 6th.

Rescue workers were notified of the accident on Highway 7 Road in Huayyai. They and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the sedan ablaze after crashing into a guardrail on the road. It took only 15 minutes for rescue workers to put out the fire.

The driver, Mr. Krit Sritila, 35, and his passenger escaped the car crash with only a few minor scrapes and bruises and declined medical assistance.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/07/two-people-escape-a-dramatic-fiery-car-crash-with-only-scrapes-and-bruises-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-08

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

19 minutes ago, JoePai said:

It took only 15 minutes for rescue workers to put out the fire

Only  ????

It's only a news report written by someone who may not have been there, or who got the information from another party. I don't believe everything I read, particularly on TVF.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver, Mr. Krit Sritila, 35, and his passenger escaped the car crash with only a few minor scrapes and bruises and declined medical assistance.

No mention of amulets , just good luck then ........????

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It happened on a bend (see the linked article). Which explains everything. Bends are hard when you don't know how to drive properly.

I don't know if you have driven on that relatively new stretch of 7 motorway at Huay Yai.........but there are not many bends that I can recall.

Correction (having read the article) - that is not a bend, it is the exit road

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

the driver's excuse probably went along the lines of "it wasn't my fault, it was the roads fault due to the sharp bend".

You could always read the link and see just what he actually said...

“I was heading to Sattahip with my girlfriend. I lost control of my vehicle before crashing into the guardrail". 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I don't know if you have driven on that relatively new stretch of 7 motorway at Huay Yai.........but there are not many bends that I can recall.

I don't know if you're really unable to see the obvious bends in the photos of the accident but it seems that you are.  The purpose of the road is irrelevant, it's a bend.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:
6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It happened on a bend (see the linked article). Which explains everything. Bends are hard when you don't know how to drive properly.

Correction (having read the article) - that is not a bend, it is the exit road

Edited 2 hours ago by hotandsticky

Okay, if you don't see the exit road is a bend then we'll have to disagree on that. The car crashed on a bend, exit road or not.

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't know if you're really unable to see the obvious bends in the photos of the accident but it seems that you are.  The purpose of the road is irrelevant, it's a bend.

So you don't know the difference between a curved slip road and a normal bend in the road.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay, if you don't see the exit road is a bend then we'll have to disagree on that. The car crashed on a bend, exit road or not.

Even a Thai driver should have the wit to slow down on a motorway slip road that is flanked by metal barriers.

A bend in the road is perhaps more excusable.

• 3 weeks later...