Question: Transit through Suvarnabhumi?

Have a valid air ticket issued on a single itinerary

Present negative RT-PCR test results issued no more than 72 hours of travel

Hold travel insurance specifically covering covid-19 treatment minimum $50,000 USD (check amount maybe 20,000 now) used to be $100,000 USD. Check with your airline. This link below is from last year the insurance requirements have been reduced for Thailand

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_KR/news/news_announcement/news_detail/news_20210310_01.page

Edited by Captain Monday

I did this a few weeks ago. LHR-BKK-PNH in my case. For BKK transit, the layover time must be less than 24 hrs. It is best to have the travel insurance specifically mention that it covers Covid in Thailand. I asked my UK insurers about that and they emailed me a letter confirming that.  The letter was accepted without any issues.

All the paperwork was checked at LHR before my boarding passes were issued, and I expected that I would not need it all again untilI arrived in PNH, but unlike a recent transit in SIN, everything was VERY, VERY closely scrutinised at the departure gate in BKK.  

Best to have everything printed out as well as on your phone.  I carry two copies of everything just in case one gets retained/lost/damaged.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Homburg said:

I did this a few weeks ago. LHR-BKK-PNH in my case. For BKK transit, the layover time must be less than 24 hrs. It is best to have the travel insurance specifically mention that it covers Covid in Thailand. I asked my UK insurers about that and they emailed me a letter confirming that.  The letter was accepted without any issues.

All the paperwork was checked at LHR before my boarding passes were issued, and I expected that I would not need it all again untilI arrived in PNH, but unlike a recent transit in SIN, everything was VERY, VERY closely scrutinised at the departure gate in BKK.  

Best to have everything printed out as well as on your phone.  I carry two copies of everything just in case one gets retained/lost/damaged.

I'm looking at Etihad, i have a lot of credit with them. They will provide a single itinerary with Vietnam Airlines and covid insurance is included in ticket price

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 5:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Is the negative COVID test still required for transiting passengers after they abolished the pre-flight RT-PCR test for fully vaccinated Thailand Pass holders?  Or is the pre-flight test supposed to substitute post-arrival test still mandated to all arrival passengers?  And where can one buy 24 hrs health insurance?

Edited by Nordlys

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Is the negative COVID test still required for transiting passengers after they abolished the pre-flight RT-PCR test for fully vaccinated Thailand Pass holders?  Or is the pre-flight test supposed to substitute post-arrival test still mandated to all arrival passengers?  And where can one buy 24 hrs health insurance?

If pre departure Covid tests are not a requirement for your destination country, I do not think they will be a requirement for the transit at Suvarnabhumi. However, I would recommend that you verify your airline endorses this interpretation of the rules.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

If pre departure Covid tests are not a requirement for your destination country, I do not think they will be a requirement for the transit at Suvarnabhumi. However, I would recommend that you verify your airline endorses this interpretation of the rules.

Pre-departure COVID test is not required for the destination country (London Heathrow) and neither is health insurance covering US$20,000.  However, it's pretty obvious health insurance covering said amount is required even for transit passengers spending less than 24 hrs at Suvarnabhumi.  I raised the question because there's a conflicting information between Thailand Pass FAQs PDF issued by foreign ministry (link posted by ubonjoe) and Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand announcement (link below) that does not mention pre-flight COVID test as requirement (dated April 7th, 2022).  The planned flight (Tokyo, Narita → BKK → HRW) is 2 months away and there's a good chance it will all be scrapped if Thailand Pass is abolished by then.  However, with all the variables it's hard to book the flight beforehand while the TG sales lasts.  As you said, I should probably ask the airline.  

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/guidelines-Inter-flight-with-Transit-Transfer-passegers-TH-ENG.pdf

Edited by Nordlys

On 4/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, Nordlys said:

Also, does "sealed route" include airport shower facility and dining area (cafe and restaurants)?  

• Like 1