Looking for an agency

If this is without financial proof, I think it will be impossible. There are too many palms to be greased with a marriage extension. Presumably, you are aged under 50 and cannot go for the easier retirement extension.

I talked to two different agents about this. One was 35K, the other one 27K (24K if i had the 400K seasoned, which i actually had) But i still had to produce all the paperwork myself in both cases. Pictures, kor-rors etc. Pointless.

I'm all for using agents, but in this case it seems its not much good they can do.

2 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Easy to do yourself. Why throw away money?

Same here. 

they dnt rally do anything other than take the document to immigration and tell you what you need. 

We did it ourselves and it was not as difficult as it was made to sound by others in the past. 

The immigration office tells you what you need anyway. Not sure if it is the same everywhere, but here in Khon Kean where we are . after we were told what we need, at the desk where we take a number to see an immigration officer, all our documents were reviewed by the person there. she found something that was not right and told us how to fix it. Then we went back, she looked at everything and said that everything looked in order, and  gave us a number. 

The immigration office was , professional, courteous, and pleasant. it did not take more than 45 minutes with him. and we had the under consideration stanp, a few days later two officers came to our house, also very easy and pleasant. I actually enjoyed the visit. And a month later we went back to the immigration office and picked up extension stamp. 

But I am  retired and have all the time in the world. If you are working and it will cost you more money to take off from work and do all the things I described, by all means get an agent. 

Good Luck ???? sorry I could not help you with an agent recommendation in your area. 

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Good Luck ???? sorry I could not help you with an agent recommendation in your area

You summed it up pretty well.

It's not difficult and especially for marriage extensions it's best to do it yourself. 

Regarding agents ...some straight up do not do extensions marriage.

Far more complicated than extensions retirement.

The OP has not indicated if 50+.

He could start with ThaiVisaCentre to discuss. Plenty of others in Bangkok.

Best to do it himself. If funds available can use any agent to assist with organization of paperwork. Just requires 400k in bank on day of application and 2 months + under consideration period for extension.

Hardly difficult. 

OP, I pinched this link from ubonjoe post in topic about marriage requirements. Not difficult. Check it out.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=830745&key=827d2f9c05cced9ace05cd766bb1605a

Edited by DrJack54

Well thanks for the comments, not being rude really but i know i can do it by myself and i know actually it is really easy to do and i again know that its cheaper. 

But there is a reason why i need to use agency, otherwise i wouldnt ask for an agency. Last time i used an agency and there is a reason why i just cannot do it by myself and the reason is the dates. My non-o and that time expension reason and this time expension reasons have a problem about the date. I will not give more details sorry its personal thing but all i can say is that if i go and do by myself and if they check the dates on my marriage certificate date, thats the end of my life in thailand at least 5 years. At this point i have only 2 options, leave the country and get a new visa ( soon or later this will be done no questions) or 2nd is to use an agency and wait for a good time to leave the country (seems 1 july) and get a new visa.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Well thanks for the comments, not being rude really but i know i can do it by myself and i know actually it is really easy to do and i again know that its cheaper

I asked this in post above...

"The OP has not indicated if 50+"

You ask for advice and now cloudy statements that details of marriage have issues.

As I stated some agents don't even touch extensions marriage.

Since your situation is not straight forward I would suggest that advice in AseanNow would be pretty much useless.

Talk to an agent. There is no charge for that. 

I understand your request for privacy but seriously asking about agents with little info is a waste of time. 

Two agents you could start with in Bangkok are TVC and Bangkok Buddy.

Your OP suggests that you have a price from agent already and looking to undercut that.

Your wasting your time.

Talk with agents and find out if anyone can help.

Personally I'm doubtful. 

In a nutshell agents cover the financial requirements.

That's about the extent of it. 

Edited by DrJack54

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I asked this in post above...

"The OP has not indicated if 50+"

You ask for advice and now cloudy statements that details of marriage have issues.

As I stated some agents don't even touch extensions marriage.

Since your situation is not straight forward I would suggest that advice in AseanNow would be pretty much useless.

Talk to an agent. There is no charge for that. 

I understand your request for privacy but seriously asking about agents with little info is a waste of time. 

Two agents you could start with in Bangkok are TVC and Bangkok Buddy.

Your OP suggests that you have a price from agent already and looking to undercut that.

Your wasting your time.

Talk with agents and find out if anyone can help.

Personally I'm doubtful. 

In a nutshell agents cover the financial requirements.

That's about the extent of it. 

Hi again and thanks for the advice and the 2 agency names.

As in my first post, all i was asking an agent in bangkok. Im not over 50.

But it seems i will wait for 1 july. Seems thing will be better like old days or almost. 

Thanks to all comments again

Edited by problemfarang

20 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hi again and thanks for the advice and the 2 agency names.

As in my first post, all i was asking an agent in bangkok. Im not over 50.

But it seems i will wait for 1 july. Seems thing will be better like old days or almost. 

Thanks to all comments again

Please never ever use Bangkok Buddy, this agent is horrible and someone I know is on 6 week overstay because of this agent... very bad. She will tell you "no problem" she can do all but then she will always tell you later and tomorrow and actually never get anything done. 

Read the 1 star reviews on Google for this agent for real experience.. I believe 5 star reviews are fake.

I don't know why Doc Jack keeps recommending this agent.....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

Please never ever use Bangkok Buddy, this agent is horrible and someone I know is on 6 week overstay because of this agent... very bad. She will tell you "no problem" she can do all but then she will always tell you later and tomorrow and actually never get anything done. 

Read the 1 star reviews on Google for this agent for real experience.. I believe 5 star reviews are fake.

I don't know why Doc Jack keeps recommending this agent.....

My impression is that Tanya (Bangkok Buddy) is very disorganised with the company lacking proper administrative systems. She does have very good contacts. Some people have good experiences, some bad. There is no doubt (I think due to the disorganisation) that Tanya seems to spend most of her time fire fighting problems. I am guessing that using her would be OK when she is not busy, but better to avoid when she has a lot of customers. If you do use Tanya, micromanage the process, ensuring you know exactly what is happening at every stage, and can react immediately if things seem to be going off the rails.

• Like 1