TAT to ease travel regulations in line with new Covid policies

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe he was thinking 2014 after the coup or just before when all of the streets had checkpoints on them, well at least in BKK.

Yeah that is true.  But @racket op was misleading as it does not specify why times were bad nor when. 3-7 years ago pre-covid things weren't doing so bad as the Thai bht can attest. Maybe in the girlie and bar industry, but I do not go to these places. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the TAT governor stated that the agency will follow the CCSA’s judgment on whether or not the upcoming Songkran holiday festivities will be suspended.

funny that... the PM said it was going ahead the other day.   so who exactly runs the country? i think we know now!

Is there actual infos on the main issue of forced hospitalization ?

They recommend people with no symptom or very light to stay at home, officialy, so is there a different treatment for foreigners arriving now in Thailand ? Any official info ? Or some actual experiences ?

Edit : more specific topic :

Clear as mud of course...

Edited by Sambotte

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the TAT governor stated that the agency will follow the CCSA’s judgment on whether or not the upcoming Songkran holiday festivities will be suspended.

On again ... off again... onoff ..?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I also think part of the deliberate destruction and sabotage of the industry is about the goons in charge focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. And completely fake and hypocritical.

Or perhaps they realize that pimping out the country's sons and daughters isn't a good model going forward. 

Look at what happened to Las Vegas when they cleaned it up.  For every monger buck lost, they replaced it with 4 or 5 family dollars. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that.  Many countries have a pre-flight testing requirement and I think that's likely to be with us for quite some time.

Yeah, like a few months, Of course we can discuss about what 'many' actually means. The point being that one can find plenty of places to visit without such requirements meanwhile others wait for the reality to set in.

Edited by rabang
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, popabear said:

Thanks for the information , but this is only for covid  insurance , I do also need medical health insurance along with the covid insurance , which I would be very surprised , if it was possible for me to get , and if possible I would think it might be very expensive.  Regards Popa

You don't say where you are based but in the UK at 77  I can get comprehensive cover, with medical expenses up to £3 million, including Covid as standard, for a 90 day trip for about £450. This is from Good2Go, through JustTravelCover.com. I'm sure equivalent cover would be available in other countries if you really wanted to bother. What puts me off is the suspicion that it wouldn't be accepted for some preposterous reason, eg it's not worded correctly in USD, or doesn't state that Covid is covered in block capitals; and then the Thai insurance would be required on top. I guess it all depends on how motivated you are.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, timendres said:

Won't restrict the number of COVID-19 cases in the country, but it will restrict the number of tourists that come.

I can vouch for that.  I'm in CA purely because of the uncertainty in booking a $2000 trip to Thailand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

You don't say where you are based but in the UK at 77  I can get comprehensive cover, with medical expenses up to £3 million, including Covid as standard, for a 90 day trip for about £450. This is from Good2Go, through JustTravelCover.com. I'm sure equivalent cover would be available in other countries if you really wanted to bother. What puts me off is the suspicion that it wouldn't be accepted for some preposterous reason, eg it's not worded correctly in USD, or doesn't state that Covid is covered in block capitals; and then the Thai insurance would be required on top. I guess it all depends on how motivated you are.

I'm not as old as you but I'm not a 'spring chicken'.  £15,000,000 medical expenses, 12 months multi trip but maximum 45 days per trip. If ordered to quarantine only the cover is limited to £2000 for additional accomodation. £144. Alll Clear Gold policy without cancellation cover.

They will quote for adjustments on some parts of the cover - maybe they would quote for a 90 day trip.

My cover is stated in £ and my Thailand Pass was approved (twice).

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TAT to ease travel regulations in line with new Covid policies

That headline is somewhat sensationalist. The TAT won't be easing anything - there's only one man that decides that and he's a little above the TAT.

• Like 2

Won't change, as thi is doing what the Thai Elite have wanted to do for years:-

Stop all the 'undesirables' ( i.e. Backers, sex tourists, budget travellers, etc...) coming to Thailand, and only admit the "Quality Tourists" they want.  Close all bars and 'entertainment' venues, mainly owned by Farangs

Covid has given them the excuse they have been looking for.  All they need now is for the World's millionaires to  get into their private jets and head for Thailand.

it will suit the Elite for Thailand to have millions of poor people, desperate for any income, so there will be no shortage of servants and other minions to do their dirty work

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, racket said:

Businesses were still struggling, bars were forced to shut down, the military patrolled the streets and the amount of scams and ripoffs reached its peak

Wow! Military patrolling the streets? I never saw that in Thailand in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 despite many months (total about 2 years) in Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chiang Rai, Pattaya and many other parts of the country. Are you sure you're talking about Thailand?

Edited by soi3eddie

14 hours ago, webfact said:

However, he stated that RT-PCR testing protocols will continue to be used

With ond night in a quarantine hotel ?? About insurance ?

If the price of oil continues to rise, flying to asia might be very/too expensive

Edited by daejung

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

I have travelled recently through 5 european countries and everywhere masks were obligatory.

In one country I was told to change my an ordinary hospital blue mask to a proper PF95 respiratory mask, when boarding long distance couch. 

My vax was checked at checking in at hotel.

In France mask is no longer obligatory outside since january 10th, and as from monday 14th it will  be no longer obligatory inside excepted in public transport (buses, trains, planes)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, daejung said:

If the price of oil continues to rise, flying to asia might be very/too expensive

Already happened. London-Bangkok-London. Economy class. 24/3 to 16/4. £940 Roundtrip. At least 40% more than pre-pandemic.

Singapore moving to pre flight PCR and a self administered rapid test on arrival for most arrivals. (VTL countries) Takes affect on Tuesday next.

Could lead to other South East Asian countries doing the same.

While not perfect it's a far less cumbersome system but even better with no VTL restrictions (just a few restricted countries if absolutely necessary)

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/vaccinated-travellers-to-singapore-from-low-risk-and-vtl-areas-can-take-non-supervised-art

Edited by Spilornis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, daejung said:

In France mask is no longer obligatory outside since january 10th, and as from monday 14th it will  be no longer obligatory inside excepted in public transport (buses, trains, planes)

I don't think it is mandatory outdoors anywhere in Europe anymore. The rules vary but I am sure one could find 5 countries to visit without having to think about masks (except planes) or testing. Thailand on the other hand seems like it is still 2020/21.

Edited by rabang
  • Like 1