Billionaire former top cop's son in Porsche severely injures foreigner on motorcycle in Bangkok smash

webfact

39 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

"I reckon it'll take a couple of days of Pae being in hospital before they're able to conduct that alcohol test, so he'll be clear."

Why can't they take blood test? He is in hospital, should be simple?

I was trying to be sarcastic.

SHOULD be simple, but he's a son of 'someone special' so it's important his blood test is clear.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Is guzzling electricity to charge the batteries not fuel? since there is gas or coal fired generated energy to be produced to charge the batteries to run these EV cars.

Powered by solar ???  

If not, depends where one lives.  Pretty sure the local grid for me, is almost all natural gas.  Even some solar farms nearby, but a bit further, and smaller, so probably just for more local area.

Edited by KhunLA

42 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Worried about what?  Have you seen the car?  There is minimal damage meaning the impact was no way severe enough for airbags to deploy.  Do you expect airbags popping off after every little impact anyone has??

Your comment reminded me of when the car I was driving last year was hit at the rear, here in the United States.   Over $10,000.00 in repairs (1/5 the cost of the vehicle).   

It did not occur to me until reading your statement, that the airbag did not deploy!  Makes me wonder about what it takes to make the airbag deploy.

Perhaps the airbag of the Porche did not deploy as the sensors were not tripped as other have written, or as someone else wrote, because the seat belt was not fastened, due to an interlock preventing the airbag deployment.  

Edited by radiochaser

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I did not imply it is the norm ("some of"), and since you appear to do it for 'convenience', you shouldn't take offense, as obviously not referring to you.  Just them folks that complain about corruption, but will use when to their advantage.

No apologies from me because of your lack of proper reading comprehension.

Just lighten up, I'm not being serious over this... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

If it were me, I would keep driving the vehicle I am most comfortable driving, one that has a very comfortable seat, for me, and with lots of room for my (sometimes too long it seems) long legs.  Not one of the dinky cars that I have to squat down to get into and needing a rope to hang on to and pull myself up with when I get out.  

Oh, and for the 5.7 Liter Hemi engine in it.   

Is that the gas guzzling engine that even in its latest incarnations never got to even 400 horsepower? Comfortably outgunned by my old BMW M3. The best description of those old American V8s was "converting money into noise " ????  ???? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Which explains why he is driving an "absolutely non-clean" fossil fuel-guzzling Porsche. Ah, the hypocrisy! 

It’s a Taycan, a battery electric vehicle, I own one myself. 

The dealer will be able to read the speed at impact from the cars very sophisticated computer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Your comment reminded me of when the car I was driving last year was hit at the rear, here in the United States.   Over $10,000.00 in repairs (1/5 the cost of the vehicle).   

It did not occur to me until reading your statement, that the airbag did not deploy!  Makes me wonder about what it takes to make the airbag deploy.

Perhaps the airbag of the Porche did not deploy as the sensors were not tripped as other have written, or as someone else wrote, because the seat belt was not fastened, due to an interlock preventing the airbag deployment.  

I doubt it will be designed to deploy when you are re-ended.....might be wrong.

5 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

This stuff goes on and on generation after generation endlessly. Hiso people with expensive cars here just can't seem to keep them on the road without smashing someone.

This stuff goes on and on generation after generation endlessly. Normal people with cheap cars here just can't keep them on the road without smashing someone.

Here we go again. Assumptions being made with no justification whatsoever except that several years ago someone else's rich son did a runner.

What it seems we have is an accident similar to what happens many times a day in Thailand, often caused by the motorcyclist pulling out in front of a speeding car, yet straight away we have AseanNow commentators knowing it was the car driver's fault, and suggesting that he will escape justice because he is the son of a disgraced former police boss.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said: