Where do people sell/buy their stuff in thailand?

Peteblank

I remember back where i came from it was pretty easy to sell stuff. Id just list it on craiglist and recieved calls on the same or the next day.

It was also easy to buy used stuff. There were pawn shops, thrift shops, ebay,etc...

Yet i see none of that here in thailand.

Face issue. It basically puts you in a lower social class here. The used goods stores are there, but out of sight.

I love shopping for used clothing and there was a whole street dedicated to it on the outskirts of town, but not a place most Thai's wanted to be publically embarrassed shopping at.

Appearances matter here more then a lot of other places.

Edited by JimTripper

On 3/14/2022 at 3:54 AM, JimTripper said:

Face issue. It basically puts you in a lower social class here. The used goods stores are there, but out of sight.

I love shopping for used clothing and there was a whole street dedicated to it on the outskirts of town, but not a place most Thai's wanted to be publically embarrassed shopping at.

Appearances matter here more then a lot of other places.

Appearences matter a lot anywhere you might just be oblivious to it. I dont mean high end labels and stuff like that but showered, clean cloths etc. You will notice many Thais despite some having very little money are for the most part showered and presentably dressed. 

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Appearences matter a lot anywhere you might just be oblivious to it. I dont mean high end labels and stuff like that but showered, clean cloths etc. You will notice many Thais despite some having very little money are for the most part showered and presentably dressed. 

In some places they matter more then others. Thailand is s place where it matters "more".

Edited by JimTripper