Aspirin in Bangkok

omnipresent

Does anyone know where to get high dose (e.g. 500mg) aspirin in Bangkok nowadays?

My stock of 500mg Bayer ones that I bought years ago has been depleted. I thought I could easily restock but couldn't find any, as if it's now illegal.

If 500mg tablets are impossible to find then 325mg ones would have to do if there are any around. I've only been able to find 81mg ones so far.

Have you tried the Government Pharmaceutical Office, near MBK (siam Sq)

I have bought Aspirin 81Mg there, and they seem to have most stuff.  Correctly, they will question you as to why you want such a drug.

Boots used to sell Soluble Aspirin, but can't remember the dose.

many hospitals have a dispensing dept. that might help you, but Aspirin is regarded as 'dangerous' in Thailand and you might have to see a Dr. before getting your stuff.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Remember its known as Aspent here, Fascino has it

ASPENT is the only one I know that is sold in quantity in bottles. It's a coated, enteric version, I think 300 mg but not sure.  They also sell an Aspent 81mg tablet so you'll need to be very specific.

Edited by dddave

It is NOT illegal. 

But the requirement to have a grade 1 pharmacist on duty is enforced.

Any large pharmacy which has real pharmacists on duty at all times, will have it.

There are many brands, mostly 325 md. Aspent is a common one but there are others.

I bought Bayer 500 mg recently, five boxes with 2x10 strips, on line. Can't remember where though. Manufactured in Indonesia, imported by Bayer Thai Co. Ltd.

Also bought 325 mg 50 strips/10 ea from https://medtide.com/product/aspirin-325-mg-10-tablets-strip/ also online. (I know it says they're sold out, but also says available from 11 March so check.

BTW, gazillions of threads on this subject here so a search - probably how I found the above - might yield some valuable info.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

East West Pharmacy on Sukhumvit. You can order from East West online from Line and Grab as well. They sell Bayer and Aspent. Aspent is enteric coated so it doesn't dusolve in your stomach which may reduce acidic distress for those effected by GERD or ulcers.

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is NOT illegal. 

But the requirement to have a grade 1 pharmacist on duty is enforced.

Any large pharmacy which has real pharmacists on duty at all times, will have it.

There are many brands, mostly 325 md. Aspent is a common one but there are others.

As said not illegal and available -  but do not make the mistake of asking for "baby aspirin" as we Americans often call the 81mg size.  You will be treated as a potential child murderer from my multi experiences.   Reye's Syndrome effects were reported everywhere here and aspirin still hangs under that cloud.  

15 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

do not make the mistake of asking for "baby aspirin" as we Americans often call the 81mg size.  You will be treated as a potential child murderer from my multi experiences.   

It's funny that British Dispensary's 81mg aspirin product is called "ASPIRIN PEDIATRIC TAB": http://www.bd-healthcare.com/products/product-detail.php?id=55&group=6&lag=eng

11 hours ago, omnipresent said:

One supposed pharmacist today said I have to be prescribed by a hospital and that they "have to follow Thai medical law". I responded saying it's not dangerous nor illegal.

Almost certainly not a pharmacist.

Most of the people behind counters in pharmacies in Thailand  are not trained pharmacists.

The "medical law" is that aspirin can only be sold by a trained pharmacist in a facility which always has a grade one pharmacist on duty.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

OK so Medtide resells British Dispensary aspirin 325mg.

I wonder if we could buy it directly from the British Dispensary head office on Rama 9 road.

The British Dispensary (L.P.) Co., Ltd
Head Office
100/103-108, 31st floor Vongvanij Building B, Rama 9 Rd., Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10320 Thailand.
Telephone :  (662) 645-1333
Fax :  (662) 645-0700,(662) 645-0170

Call Center : (662) 645-0333

9 minutes ago, omnipresent said:

I wonder if we could buy it directly from the British Dispensary

My guess would be no, they sell through distributors, resellers and retail outlets.

They have a website, doesn't work for me though.

www.britishdispensary.com

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

Security certificate expired?

https://britishdispensary.com/en/about.php

Grab some of their snake brand prickly heat powder when there?

61dBCzBG0fL._AC_SX425_.jpg