Government Orders Crackdown on Money Laundering Accounts

webfact

Much of this 'black' money never reaches bank accounts.

The offender buys some land for cash; pays a builder in cash to throw up twenty houses;  sell/rent five of them. Job done.   How else to explain the massive land clearing locally during this present economic depression?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The banks are also working to improve the filing system on the confiscation of accounts involved in online crimes.

A couple of years ago when Kasikorn issued new chipped cards, I had  to go into the branch and file a bunch of paperwork to get my new card. At the same time I noted several customers doing the same but with stacks of account books....the lady next to me must have had 30 accounts that she was getting new cards for....perhaps they should start with customers like this and question why she has 30 accounts...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonray said:

A couple of years ago when Kasikorn issued new chipped cards, I had  to go into the branch and file a bunch of paperwork to get my new card. At the same time I noted several customers doing the same but with stacks of account books....the lady next to me must have had 30 accounts that she was getting new cards for....perhaps they should start with customers like this and question why she has 30 accounts...

That would be rude.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Very professional, she probably wanted to keep track of which sponsor was paying which amount and when.!!

• Haha 2

They are going after the small fry, they want to look at

all the black money gained from corruption is washed,

but that will never happen ,as too many influential and

powerful people involved .

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Wonder if this crackdown will inadvertently impact law-abiding expats who are just bringing in funds from overseas for living expenses.  The US, for example, has been going after rich Americans who hide their money overseas.  But their tactics have made life a little more difficult for ordinary American expats.  Anyhow, just wondering what this "crackdown" will entail.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, Will B Good said:

Pretty sure a significant number of 'shops' in Bangkok, which never seem to have customers, but still thrive, must be in the loop regarding dirty money.

The alternative of course is to get yourself into the RTP and then you can have a billion dollars in a bank account and no one says diddly squat.

If it weren't for the dark/underground sector, most economies would be in shambles and even more illusionary. 

Not too terribly different from the surface and legitimate???? economies - similar practices of phoniness, fantasy, criminal and BSery. 

There's a place for everything - regardless of it's accepted/unaccepted order and convention.

The ideals of true and worthy wealth is purely a part of our imaginations - 

• Haha 1