Russian Tourists Struggle to Leave Thailand Amid Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

On 3/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, Letseng said:

Why can't Russian government fly them out? Thai airspace isn't closed to flights from Russia.

March 15 (Reuters) - Russia on Tuesday quit the Council of Europe, a human rights watchdog based in Strasbourg.

help them leave. 70% of them support Putin and support war. The last Empire should be destroyed. Whoever tells you it is only about Putin and the government only - lies. There were numerous polls conducted in Russia right after the war started - most of the Russian people support war and killing civilians. Treat the them the way they deserve.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/14/2022 at 6:21 PM, baboon said:

assisting human beings in distress through no fault of their own?

Really !!

Did Ukraine ask to be attacked by a cruel, inhumane, mentally retarded despot, who has consistently been voted into place as Prime minister, and then President and back again however corruptly by the people of Russia who now look upon him as a GOD who can do no wrong and who again voted him into his now position of a lifetime Presidency that can not be revoked.

So can you really believe it was / is through no fault of there own?

Should we feel ANY emotions for these people ? I think not, they made there own bed and now they should sleep in it.

Furthermore if you have no knowledge of the cruelty meted out to innocents who had nothing to do with the German regime by Russian solders during the Second World War you should read about it, it will shock you if you have ANY empathy with your fellow man.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stygge said:

Good question, since 70 % Putin lovers might be a little low. It´s based on the latest russian election and adjusted computationally for normal authoritarian election frauds.
Remember this is Russia. They always loved their Czars and the present one, Czar Vlad the Mad is no exception.

So it was pulled out of the body orifice then ???? 

20 hours ago, ian007 said:

This would also have been a more appropriate article with you using a photograph of Ukrainians holding their flag and signs with no war. 

They are ukrainians holding yellow and blue ukrainian flags, aren't they??

God it must suck when your government is trying to destroy and rule your neighbor then your money is worthless you become an instant pariah all because your leader has dreams of grandeur to be honest I feel sorry for the average Russian time for some house cleaning me thinks 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Really !!

Did Ukraine ask to be attacked by a cruel, inhumane, mentally retarded despot, who has consistently been voted into place as Prime minister, and then President and back again however corruptly by the people of Russia who now look upon him as a GOD who can do no wrong and who again voted him into his now position of a lifetime Presidency that can not be revoked.

So can you really believe it was / is through no fault of there own?

Should we feel ANY emotions for these people ? I think not, they made there own bed and now they should sleep in it.

Furthermore if you have no knowledge of the cruelty meted out to innocents who had nothing to do with the German regime by Russian solders during the Second World War you should read about it, it will shock you if you have ANY empathy with your fellow man.

Not a bad rant, but you overdid it with the rhetorical questions and taking my words out of context. The fact that I hope that both Ukrainian and Russian nationals are afforded assistance in Thailand at this very difficult time for them, I think confirms that I do indeed have empathy for my fellow (wo)man.

Edited by baboon

13 hours ago, Stygge said:

Good question, since 70 % Putin lovers might be a little low. It´s based on the latest russian election and adjusted computationally for normal authoritarian election frauds.
Remember this is Russia. They always loved their Czars and the present one, Czar Vlad the Mad is no exception.

Err, you are aware that they loved their Czars so much there was a bit of a revolution and the Czar and his family were shot...?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hellfire said:

help them leave. 70% of them support Putin and support war. The last Empire should be destroyed. Whoever tells you it is only about Putin and the government only - lies. There were numerous polls conducted in Russia right after the war started - most of the Russian people support war and killing civilians. Treat the them the way they deserve.

True maybe, but to some extent due to heavy decades-long propaganda. The question is : can you blame people who are totally brain-washed, and who do not get much independent information, based on facts and not on a fabricated tissue of lies and mythologies?

But yes, I would agree that some of them deserve what they are getting.

12 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Maybe you're mixed up with the Old Tribe.

The old tribe is headed up by a top KGB officer who was an ardent communist from the age of 9 throughout the time of the the old guard and who attained his current position of Lifetime President by supreme acts of cruelty and corruption, so the old guard is still the old guard just with a different name but with a vastly increased power of life and death to any one who dares to stand against him or he dislikes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Source? Trust me, dude!

Yes, please do. It makes it all easier. A poll was taken I think on the day of invasion and just over 60 % of the russians was for it. If it would have shown to be a successful military operation ending in a decisive victory it´s fair to estimate the approval to be at least 90 %, (compare it to Crimea). Now it has turned to an ugly, costly war and ratings would probably be lower. Based from the latest election Putins fan base is about 70 %. It´s hard for us in the west to understand but most russians really believe Putins propaganda and like the thought of Russia being an imperial power dominating its neighbors. This also goes for the russians rich enough to winter holiday in tropical islands.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hellfire said:

That's because they are all fed with their main media propaganda. My Russuan friends who left Rusdia many years ago knows better than to believe their media and do not support war or Putin. They try telling their family back in Russia the truth of the war but family dont believe them. That's sad. 

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Err, you are aware that they loved their Czars so much there was a bit of a revolution and the Czar and his family were shot...?

Yes, that guy was losing the war (WW1) and people didn´t like that. It was him, not the Czar insitution. The czar was killed in the second revolution, the communist one. They were in minority and realized their power was slipping away so they seized power with force and later killed the Czar and his family to make sure there was no going back. So, a small minority wanted the Czar dead.

2 minutes ago, Cocobeach said:

Is it not a requirement to have return ticket when coming to Thailand or any country? 

Yes, but many return tickets just became worthless since the airlines stopped service. There are very very few flights internationally left coming into Moscow from anywhere in the world. They are quite literally stranded until the Russian government commences repatriation flights. Don't hold your breath.

I don't particularly relish any group of people being put in a position where they can't get to their homeland. However, for now, until every Ukrainian (that would be more than 3 million and rising) has been able to return to their own homeland, with their homes repaired at the cost of the aggressor, the Russians can wait their turn.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tug said:

God it must suck when your government is trying to destroy and rule your neighbor then your money is worthless you become an instant pariah all because your leader has dreams of grandeur to be honest I feel sorry for the average Russian time for some house cleaning me thinks 

A veteran intelligence operative examined the possibility that Russian president Vladimir Putin could be assassinated.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1