‘Legal loopholes’ exposed as Blackpink’s Lisa becomes whiskey brand ambassador

webfact

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lisa is an idol for many many Thai teens. Many of them will see that ad and many will think drinking whiskey or alcohol in general is cool. Is that the message teens should see?

Obviously lots of teens and lots of people of all ages will drink alcohol with or without Lisa. But is it really good that she promotes it?

And about making money and being a business manager: Maybe if you would be her business manager you would try to maximize her and your profit. But like I said, does she need all that extra money? I am sure she would still earn a fortune without that ad. And she could be a hero for i.e. promoting positive things like don't drive and drink, etc. Many more people would admire her if she would do something like that.

I would suspect she is no more than airhead and didn't even think this through....and as for her business manager........since when did they think about anything other than screwing an extra dollar out of their clients......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Most of the time I see them playing with their phones. I guess they do that anywhere, at home, at work, whatever. I guess when they are in Foodland then they get paid while playing with their phones.

What gets me is they are still there, is it 11am to 5pm?, when you can't even buy the damned stuff.....555

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But is it really good that she promotes it?

You should get in touch with her. I'm sure she'd value your input. cough

But don't get too "stalky".

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Many of them will see that ad and many will think drinking whiskey or alcohol in general is cool.

Yes, my goodness you're right. No young people would have ever thought that drinking alcohol, Chivas Regal no less, was cool unless Lalisa had influenced them.

Brilliant thinking. You're onto some next level stuff there.

28 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And she could be a hero for i.e. promoting positive things like don't drive and drink, etc. Many more people would admire her if she would do something like that.

You do realize vanity is on the same level as greed, right?

Nearly every manufacturer of alcohol products already has a drinks driving awareness campaign, In many locales this is mandatory.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

You should get in touch with her. I'm sure she'd value your input. cough

But don't get too "stalky".

Yes, my goodness you're right. No young people would have ever thought that drinking alcohol, Chivas Regal no less, was cool unless Lalisa had influenced them.

You do realize vanity is on the same level as greed, right?

Nearly every manufacturer of alcohol products already has a drinks driving awareness campaign, In many locales this is mandatory.

She really missed a trick......could have been photoed smoking L&M Greens at the same time and made a packet......may as well if it all has no impact on consumer choice.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Obviously I am not half as smart as you are.

And obviously all those marketing companies are just stupid to pay celebrities for ads. After all, everybody would drink alcohol also without ads.

Why are those companies so stupid? Maybe they need a bright manager like you.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

About 60 years ago they were about the same in terms of development. Korea also had a massive war where the Chinese invaded and had the country partitioned with all the problems that brought.

It was partioned, during the period of Soviet/US Zones of control in 1948, before the war started.

North invaded South in June 1950.

China joined in, supporting the North, and crossed its border with North Korea in October, because UN forces pushed too close to that border after repelling the N.Korean forces which had invaded the South.

The end result being the restoration of the North/South Korean border.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I find it interesting that it seems many people here support Lisa's activity to promote alcohol.

I know people will still drink alcohol even if Lisa wouldn't promote it. But with her millions of young Thai fans I wouldn't be surprised if more young people would be inspired to drink alcohol. Do you think that is positive?

I am sure Lisa makes enough money without this. She doesn't need extra income. She could promote i.e. don't drink and drive or similar. That would make her to a real role model.

You say she makes enough money and doesn't need  this ad to get more. You obviously don't know what prominate  celebs get for doing these ads.  Many famous actors/celebs from USA do ads for all  kinds of products overseas  that they do not promote in USA. Actors like George Cloney and others make $$$ millions for a short ad that are often shown only in overseas markets.

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

You say she makes enough money and doesn't need  this ad to get more. You obviously don't know what prominate  celebs get for doing these ads.  Many famous actors/celebs from USA do ads for all  kinds of products overseas  that they do not promote in USA. Actors like George Cloney and others make $$$ millions for a short ad that are often shown only in overseas markets.

Google tells me she has a net worth of 14,000,000 USD or 464,940,000 Thai Baht

I don't know about you, but if I would have that kind of money I wouldn't worry too much about making more.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know about you, but if I would have that kind of money I wouldn't worry too much about making more.

Enough is never enough for those type of people. Leaches of society basically. Suck it all in and never give back to the society who provided them with that opportunity.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She could make more than her total present worth with one commercial, celebs have been paid from 10 to 20 + million US dollars  for a commercial.

https://ceoworld.biz/2021/11/29/most-expensive-celebrity-endorsements/

• Taylor Swift. Most notable endorsement: Diet Coke – $26 million. ...
  • DJ Tiesto. Most notable endorsement: 7UP – $30 million. ...
  • Beyonce. Most notable endorsement: Pepsi – $50 million. ...
  • Charlize Theron. Most notable endorsement: Dior – $55 million

https://www.popoptiq.com/highest-paid-celebrity-commercials/

Edited by Tony125

On 3/17/2022 at 6:03 AM, Will B Good said:

She really missed a trick......could have been photoed smoking L&M Greens at the same time and made a packet......may as well if it all has no impact on consumer choice.

No who missed a trick is Thailand; have they even tried to establish common advertising standards with South Korea?

Maybe trying dialogue with partners is a much better way forward, than coming in heavy-handed (while the gesture at the same time looks supremely stupid, as Thailand has no jurisdiction there).

BTW, I agree "with Thailand", that advertising for alcohol and other drugs is bad and should not be allowed, even more so if it is targeted towards teenagers (as in this instance). Discerning adults surely have other ways to gather information on what they wish to consume (which they, and here I am diagreeing "with Thailand" should they then be able to do legally, so long as they harm nobody else doing so).

2 minutes ago, jts-khorat said:

BTW, I agree "with Thailand", that advertising for alcohol and other drugs is bad and should not be allowed,

Agree 100%....."Glamourising," in particular, these products does have a significant impact on young, potential consumers.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 6:00 AM, mtls2005 said:

I remember in my time in Bangkok 20 years ago, billboards with Chivas ads were absolutely everywhere and in many of the Thai clubs you would only gain entrance by ordering a full bottle of Chivas at the door (at a fairly competitive price). Quite an insidious way to get market share and surprising, as they are owend by Pernod, not a Thai company.

Edited by jts-khorat
missing txt
  • Like 1