Probe underway over K-pop idol Lisa as new liquor brand ambassador

webfact

3 hours ago, Raphael54 said:

Apparently these nut cases have absolutely nothing better to do.
The government should be ashamed of itself to waste resources,  tax payers money, on this sort of nonsense.

Agree 100%.. But...

T.I.T. Governed by a lot of imbeciles...to put it mildly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thais have no concept of jurisdiction.  

So If I have an ad for beer at a Canadian hockey game in a Canadian city in a Canadian country but someone posts it on facebook and Thai's see it I am breaking the law?????

Can you even buy crown royal here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Just saw the advert on YouTube. Pages of comments of glowing praise. So powerful, so brave. Girl power, sure. Go follow your dreams. With a drink in your hand I guess.

No one's addressed the elephant in the room. Aren't most of her fans not of drinking age?

I'm of age.  Like 2x her age.   The whole band is energetic, beautiful, can sing and dance. Not my worst IG feeds. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Agree 100%.. But...

T.I.T. Governed by a lot of imbeciles...to put it mildly!

Agree totally.

But they are all rich and influential. 

I don't like it but then, who am I to pass judgement?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Just saw the advert on YouTube. Pages of comments of glowing praise. So powerful, so brave. Girl power, sure. Go follow your dreams. With a drink in your hand I guess.

No one's addressed the elephant in the room. Aren't most of her fans not of drinking age?

And more importantly. As if she drinks that shizz.

58 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Absolutely crazy that the "Government of the Day" goes along with this non advertising alcohol nonsense. Treat everybody like children but,

they make an absolute fortune out of alcohol with excise & taxes.

The advertising of alcoholic drinks is restricted/ banned in many Countries .

I do also think that is a good idea not to encourage people to drink , it seemed like there were constant Chang/Leo adverts everywhere I looked , enough to make anyone an alcoholic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Absolutely crazy that the "Government of the Day" goes along with this non advertising alcohol nonsense. Treat everybody like children but,

And Hee Haw said or done about their own Cabinet members and RTP Chiefs flaunting untold wealth on meagre annual salaries..a total bunch of hypocrites.

• Like 1

When all the beer companies suddenly started advertising their water brands with the same logo as the beer and no mention of water, they also suddenly started advertising at UK Premier League grounds, which many Thais watch for entertainment and gambling monitoring purposes

1 minute ago, Classic Ray said:

When all the beer companies suddenly started advertising their water brands with the same logo as the beer and no mention of water, they also suddenly started advertising at UK Premier League grounds, which many Thais watch for entertainment and gambling monitoring purposes

Those Chang and Leo adverts did actually have "mineral water" written on them to denote they were selling water . 

I did actually post a photo of a Chang  water advert  on these forums, but it got removed due to "advertising alcohol is forbidden" ????

Didn't those Chang/Leo water adverts also get banned ?

I recall there was going to be a clamp down on them , but  didnt hear the outcome 

1 hour ago, mbenson said:

Geez. Somebody probably put a new picture of their favorite pop star on Facebook. That drew complaints?!? and now these guys are going to interrogate the fan(s)? Let's pull the 16-year old pimple puss in for an inquest!

I think the junta should throw the book at Lalissa. Demonstrate how far out of touch and authoritarian they really are. Show youth around the world their true colours and expose themselves for the disgusting sons of bitches they are.

These swine need young people far more than youngsters need them. I hope and pray they find this out the hard way.

18 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Ya don’t suppose they’re targeting the youth market do ya? Say it ain’t so!

I somehow doubt that Chivas Regal is in the running as the go to tipple for teenage drinkers, no matter how much the lovely Lisa promotes it.

Sour grapes because she turned down a certain "date" for new years eve perhaps?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

Human civilisation is 80% hypocrisy.