Money solves a lot here

Lacessit

Did you have to watch the vid ?

You didn't need her to 'fix' anything, as I've done the same, let my licenses expire for more than a few months once.  No prob renewing.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

No.

That's almost worth 500 by itself ... ????

Though most attendees, inclusive, were on phones the whole time, some even left, got a munch, and returned to get the license.????

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You didn't need her to 'fix' anything, as I've done the same, let my licenses expire for more than a few months once.  No prob renewing.

Think the video is just first time around.

When I went all the Thais sat and listen to the guy introducing the video, but as soon his left the room they got their phones out or chatted to a friend.

• Like 1

If you do it yourself there's a video to watch online and bring a printed copy with the rest of paperwork. My old lady's license was expired by 2 yrs. She paid 4500thb for the agent to do all including help with 50 question test.

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I do my own visa extensions and vehicle registrations. There are some things where I prefer to be lazy.

1 minute ago, vinci said:

where can i contact her

In Chiang Rai. PM if you are serious.

• Confused 1

I've also got an expired motorbike license. Any chance of a fixer converting this to a car license for me?

I had to sit through a day of videos, and another day of exams, both of which included car and motorbike material. Don't see why I should do it all over again.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've also got an expired motorbike license. Any chance of a fixer converting this to a car license for me?

I had to sit through a day of videos, and another day of exams, both of which included car and motorbike material. Don't see why I should do it all over again.

You can do the video online now ..............

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

had to watch it (on my PC at home) for my third 5-year renewal and bring proof that I'd passed / completed it.

Perhaps it is like Immigration, different rules in different provinces.

My facilitator seemed to be well known to the desk officials. Who you know, as well as what you know.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Puerly for information, expired or no licence fine is generally 200 baht .????

Makes me wonder how many unlicensed drivers there are.

Driving without a license in Victoria, Australia. Minimum fine 35,000 baht and one month in jail if one has previously held a driving license. For someone with no previous license, 86,000 baht and 3 months in jail.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Driving without a license in Victoria, Australia. Minimum fine 35,000 baht and one month in jail if one has previously held a driving license. For someone with no previous license, 86,000 baht and 3 months in jail.

When did Victoria start using baht 555

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It was published some months ago. I do not recall the exact numbers but I remember it to be in the millions (bike and car). When my wife made her license at the driving school we were accompanied by a neighbor who was driving since decades without license and decided "it would be unhastily time to make a license".

Edited by moogradod

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

It was published some months ago. I do not recall the exact numbers but I remember it to be in the millions (bike and car). When my wife made her license at the driving school we were accompanied by a neighbor who was driving since decades without license and decided "it would be unhasty time to make a license".

Does tend to explain why the Thai road toll is so high.

The neighbor driving for decades managed to survive without one, doesn't mean everyone does.

I was very amused when I went for my motorbike license in Australia. At age 66, the oldest in the group by a long shot.

I scraped through on the practical test, no surprise there as the young guys had much better reflexes and balance. Topped the class on the written test, which really teed off four young bucks who failed and were told to come back a month later.

1 hour ago, Calvin1976 said:

If I had expired international car driving license for more than a year, is it possible to get Thai driving license? ????

Yes, you don't need an International Driving Permit to get a Thai licence (if your home country licence is in English).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1