Kasikorn Bank - Make app

Hello, I have an KKB account for K-Plus (from Kasikorn Bank). I just heard about "Make" app so I downloaded it successfully.

In order to obtain the separate KKB account but it requires Thai citizen ID only - Passports are not accepted. It sounds unreasonable for expatriates, isn't it? I wonder any of you having tried that before... 

1. What is the idea about that Make App?

2. Unreasonable? You must be joking. Do you really think all foreigners will be treated in Thailand like Thais?

3. And if you think foreigners should be treated like Thais then have a look a your home country, wherever that might be. Are all foreigners treated like the locals? No! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

1. What is the idea about that Make App?

2. Unreasonable? You must be joking. Do you really think all foreigners will be treated in Thailand like Thais?

3. And if you think foreigners should be treated like Thais then have a look a your home country, wherever that might be. Are all foreigners treated like the locals? No! 

1, Nothing special about it - just organising the budget groups.

2. The term Unreasonable is normal for expats but not for Thai.

3. It would be nice if foreigners being treated like Thai. Or vice versa ???? 

There are a lot of things I cant' do with K bank app which my Thai wife can. But i just use it for transactions and cardless ATM and nothing more. Also foreigners will never ever be treated on par with a Thai in a lot of things. This is a part of life in Thailand as an outsider(thats' why we need visa). We make the best we can about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

With regard to banking, yes, foreigners get treated fairly and equally - for example, foreigners work in the bank to provide translation for those who cannot speak English or phone translation services are provided. Obtaining a bank account in the first time can be problematic, but after acceptance and if you qualify, it's not an issue to access the full range of services. It's not an issue to get financial advice, you are welcomed to open investment or savings accounts, and not laughed off when enquiring about a credit card or a loan. It's not left to the discretion of the bank manager, and "don't know" or "don't have" are unacceptable answers.

I used to manage crews of Eastern and Central Europeans, all were self employed, they worked legally, they all earned decent money, they had accountants, paid their taxes and were really clued up - all showed good cashflow and healthy bank accounts, they had credit cards, bank loans (which they used to buy property in their own country) - could you imagine that here.

I don't worry about being treated differently here, mostly it doesn't effect me or goes over my head, but the inconsistency in banking practices get under my skin.

It's not even the negative - we get so used to "no no no" or reading on TVF that its impossible. that we don't even bother to apply for somethings, only to hear we are completely wrong when we go through the process.

• Like 1

I banking terms its still in the 80's the app for the baht account is ok'ish where it all falls over is if you have a FCD then no access no checking of balance no FX services the only way to do anything is at an FCD branch with your paper book all of which I found out locked out for 19 months I hate but have to unfortunately live with it  ????

1 hour ago, BackstreetBoys said:

There are a lot of things I cant' do with K bank app which my Thai wife can. But i just use it for transactions and cardless ATM and nothing more. Also foreigners will never ever be treated on par with a Thai in a lot of things. This is a part of life in Thailand as an outsider(thats' why we need visa). We make the best we can about it.

What are you trying to do that you can't do?