Thailand pass -transport from Airport to hotel

Guy, I am in the process of applying for a Thailand pass, Is booking hotel sufficient for Thailand pass or do I have to book transport as well, since a friend is picking me up from the airport to the hotel?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, blackcab said:

Finally, your hotel booking must show that it includes transportation to the hotel, otherwise your Thailand Pass will not be issued.

I read the booking must show 1. Hotel for one night, 2. transport from airport to hotel. 3. first day RT-PCR test. 4 5th day antigen test  and all paid. Without that, they won't issue TP. The package cost around 5K BHT. There are a few  cheaper options and higher end options also. 

Edited by Onerak

If arrive directly at Phuket airport it's a bit different. From what I read the PCR test is done on arrival and at the airport - need to book for that separately on PSAS website. Also the hotel told me I can use my own ATK anti-gen test kit (is that accepted in Thai Pass application ? ).

Hotel said only need to book one night and taxi transfer directly with them ! 

Yes. Phuket is different. At least itwas last November.  Pre booked test on arrival at airport. Transport from airport to hotel booked and prepaid.  I arrived early afternoon.  That evening hotel got negative test result.  "Go where you like".  Asked about antigen test kit which was left in room. Hotel personnel said " Do what you like with it.  Up to you". No day five test

Edited by Emeraldisle
Typo
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Not usually a shared mini-bus… it depends on the hotel.

Some are shared if the hotel is being cheap. 
All my T&G transfers have been in a private vehicle ( that was stated in the booking ).

Op - with T&G booking ask for a private trx to avoid the risk of being considered a ‘proximity-case’ ( if the other person were to test positive ).

Exactly what I ordered with the Radisson hotel for this May.

Because if somebody tests positive in a shared minibus, you are all bundled off to quarantine with them as being in proximity to an infected person.

Not taking the risk for 500 Baht extra for a private car, when I have already paid for business class on the flight to stay away from other people as much as possible.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, Will B Good said:

Recently done it.....pick up at the airport...they will be waiting for your.

I was taken straight to the test centre, then onto the hotel. Given the results next day after breakfast.

Same for me except the test was done at the hotel.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Not usually a shared mini-bus… it depends on the hotel.

Some are shared if the hotel is being cheap. 
All my T&G transfers have been in a private vehicle ( that was stated in the booking ).

Op - with T&G booking ask for a private trx to avoid the risk of being considered a ‘proximity-case’ ( if the other person were to test positive ).

Mine was a hotel SUV with a screen between the driver and me.