One person dead, one still missing after fishing boat capsizes in Bang Saen area

webfact

48188-696x522.jpg

PHOTO: Mueang Chon Reporter

By Goong Nang(GN)

Bang Saen, Saen Suk – A woman was found dead while a man is still missing after a fishing boat capsized in the Bang Saen area.

The Saen Suk Police was notified of the women’s body in the sea two kilometers from the shore yesterday (March 18th). The body was spotted by another fisherman.

Rescue divers and police arrived at Bangsaen Beach and went out into the sea before pulling her body from the water. The woman was identified as Mrs. Namphueng Sampaonaoi, 30. Her husband Mr. Somphon Sampaonoi, 45 is still missing.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/19/one-person-dead-one-still-missing-after-fishing-boat-capsizes-in-bang-saen-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Life jackets an optional extra then?

Having worked on commercial fishing boats for many years (lobster, tuna long liners) in some of the roughest seas (Southern Ocean, Indian Ocean), I can tell you they are a hindrance to your daily work and quite impractical / unworkable when working with heavy gear. If a freak wave capsized the boat, it's a tragic accident that sometimes happens.
Perhaps walk a mile in someone's shoes or research a topic before saying something which ends up showing your ignorance.
R.I.P to the deceased.

15 hours ago, Lopchan said:

Perhaps walk a mile in someone's shoes or research a topic before saying something which ends up showing your ignorance.
R.I.P to the deceased.

Is your statement even relevant as this apparently happened in Bang Saen?

15 hours ago, Lopchan said:

Having worked on commercial fishing boats for many years (lobster, tuna long liners) in some of the roughest seas (Southern Ocean, Indian Ocean), I can tell you they are a hindrance to your daily work and quite impractical / unworkable when working with heavy gear. If a freak wave capsized the boat, it's a tragic accident that sometimes happens.
R.I.P to the deceased.

Thank you for your comment.. which of course you're welcome to post

but I'll add I'm not Ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 6:58 AM, jacko45k said:

Is your statement even relevant as this apparently happened in Bang Saen?

Ummmm, yes, it is actually. The response was about the issue of lifejackets. As this was on a commercial fishing boat, I thought that by explaining the difficulty of working on a commercial boat whilst wearing one may explain the reason. It's actually irrelevant as to the sea/ocean (location) Bang Saen, Southern Ocean or otherwise