Best no hassle amphur to register marriage in Bangkok in 2022? (Without our own witnesses.)

SeaMike01

I'm an American and my wife is Thai. We already had a Thai traditional ceremony last year but haven't registered our marriage yet. I've heard that Bang Rak is experienced with foreigners but we don't have a lot of time to wait for an appointment. Are there any other amphurs where it's easy to a farang to register, even without our own witnesses? I assume my wife can help figure out how to fill out the form, but how do we get witnesses?

Bang rak….

You’ve been given good advice, but if you can’t wait for an appointment you may just have to go by trial & error…. Try your nearest amphur office, you will need 2 witnesses. 

You have your MFA verified translation of your affirmation of freedom to marry, right ?

Witnesses…   You or your wife have any friends ?

Edited by richard_smith237

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Bang rak….

You’ve been given good advice, but if you can’t wait for an appointment you may just have to go by trial & error…. Try your nearest amphur office, you will need 2 witnesses. 

You have your MFA verified translation of your affirmation of freedom to marry, right ?

Witnesses…   You or your wife have any friends ?

Yes, I have a translator and will have the documents ready. I'm going to my embassy on Thursday.

Been a while so could have changed but Lak Si amphur were greedy enough to take the right envelopes from us to pay staff to witness but I got a feeling the envelopes didnt get passed the boss.  No appointment required back then.  But be careful of the friendly scalpers outside who are kind enough to arrange photocopies you were unaware of and filling in missing paperwork correctly for an up-to-you donation only to discover most of it was not required.  Pretty good scam really.  They gave the appearance of working for the amphur, were certainly not chased off, but I imagine their little business thrived only as long as their envelopes made their way up the stairs periodically too.

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 1