Apointment for extension

Hello, so far I went to immigration ( for extension ) one month before the due date

this year, I went 3 weeks  before ( today, in fact ) and I was told to take an appointment for april 7, one week before due date 

I have heard of the apointement, but my immigration has so few farangs that I thought it was not for us

after all, is it mandatory for every body in Thailand ? 

I suppose next year I can have an appointment on line : I forgot where is the link to take appointment , can I have it ? 

thank you !   appointment is at 9 am , impossible, I must go and ask the bank letter before and immigration is 25 from the bank : is it a problem to be late ? let's say, 10 h 15 ?

thanks 

Last year when Covid cases spiked they had everyone wait until the last week to limit the number of customers during those peak Covid cases.  This only works if most had been doing early previously so only effective for about a month.  

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Appointment should not be mandatory

Which immigration office? 

You don't be late for appointments. 

Thanks ubonjoe for the links ( I am in Prachinburi ) and the responses 

"you don't be late for appointments "  : what does is mean ? that I have no right to be late ? 

more questions : for retirement, it 's " retirement purpose " ?,   and for mariage, " permitted family purpose " ? 

and, for instance, transfer passport or other acts ? 

I shall ask for an appointment the 7 th april, but at 11 am 

now, it will be one week before the due date., mandatory  ? because, it seems we can ask any time, they give the calendar from today 

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

more questions : for retirement, it 's " retirement purpose " ?,   and for mariage, " permitted family purpose " ? 

I use "retirement" and when used marriage extension used "Thai wife".  Have no idea what you are asking in final sentence.  

17 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Thanks ubonjoe for the links ( I am in Prachinburi ) and the responses 

"you don't be late for appointments "  : what does is mean ? that I have no right to be late ? 

Where does it state that. I assume it means you should not be late.

20 minutes ago, Aforek said:

now, it will be one week before the due date., mandatory  ? because, it seems we can ask any time, they give the calendar from today 

At most offices you can apply for the extension up to 30 days early. You can choose any day within that time period.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aforek said:

you don't be late for appointments "  : what does is mean ? that I have no right to be late ?

Pretty much. 

As for the appointment being compulsory, I can't advise re Pranchinburi however they certainly are not compulsory in most offices.

Dont really follow your thread.

If they are compulsory then make an appointment.

You can select a time.

After which turn up on time.

Edited by DrJack54

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I use "retirement" and when used marriage extension used "Thai wife".  Have no idea what you are asking in final sentence.  

When  we change passport, it's the duty of immigration to transfer the old passport to the new : how to have an appointment for this ? 

3 minutes ago, Aforek said:

When  we change passport, it's the duty of immigration to transfer the old passport to the new : how to have an appointment for this ? 

Actually immigration will transfer information of entry visa and extension of stay on request of your government - you should obtain a paper requesting this when get new passport.  As for appointment do not know for sure if your office will require or not but does not appear to be a listed requirement so would not expect so.  You will need to take care of that before the new extension can be entered.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aforek said:

ok, I shall go  myself without appointment and see what they say  ( at the end of this year for me ) 

I would make an attempt soon after getting new passport (before you lose Embassy letter) - normally no charge but will need copies of old passport/visa/extensions and data page of new passport and fill out a short form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

Understand now you were asking the appointment type listed to apply for - so yes you are correct - marriage would be permitted family purpose.  Sorry was thinking you were asking reason for TM7 form.  

• Like 1

new appointment for  april 7 th, 11 am 

very easy ! I don't believe, they ask almost nothing for the extension ! finished tons of paper ?

here is what they write with the "your booking is confirmed " 

all the copies of the same documents than the years before are finished ? 

Additional Information

Documents to be submitted 

1. Application form 

2. Copy of applicant’s passport 

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or 

4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook 

5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Aforek said:

new appointment for  april 7 th, 11 am 

very easy ! I don't believe, they ask almost nothing for the extension ! finished tons of paper ?

here is what they write with the "your booking is confirmed " 

all the copies of the same documents than the years before are finished ? 

Additional Information

Documents to be submitted 

1. Application form 

2. Copy of applicant’s passport 

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or 

4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook 

5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above. 

For retirement those are the normal requirements along with a few forms they may have you fill out and sign in office (Bangkok has about 4 now).  Expect they might want a map to home (which you can draw if not have).  Believe 4 will include the normal bank letter of account.  Some will want proof of address (TM30 or rent paperwork).  

Using Phayao Immigration, I always make an appointment and when doing so, get a list of required documents for my Retirement extension.  As I remember, the appointment is only for a day with no time specified.

i go to my bank, Kasikorn, first thing in the morning of the appointed date, and the take all documents to Immigration, usually getting there before their lunch break.  Extension done in less than 30 mins.

This year, I also asked Kasikorn for an appointment, so everything went smoothly.

Note that Phayao I/O is not busy and I am often th only Farang there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

For retirement those are the normal requirements along with a few forms they may have you fill out and sign in office (Bangkok has about 4 now).  Expect they might want a map to home (which you can draw if not have).  Believe 4 will include the normal bank letter of account.  Some will want proof of address (TM30 or rent paperwork).  

I have all the documents you say, but I will present only the documents they ask : the staff has changed, the horrible boss has gone and I hope that things will be better, as before when I was in Hua hin : no harassment