Importing a Dog into Thailand

Hi,

We're trying to bring our dog back into Thailand from Europe, and one of the documents that they are asking for at Suvarnabhumi animal control is an "original Official Health Certificate" from a vet in the country of export.

I can't get my head around the idea that Thailand allegedly doesn't have it's own form for this, but I've been told that I'm wrong and there is no Thai form.  OK, so what's supposed to be on this official health certificate?  No one at Suvarnabhumi can/will say, apparently. ????

Help, please.  

If you've imported a dog or cat into Thailand, what document did you produce for this "original official health certificate", and what aspect of the animal's health was included on it?

Thanks very much.  

Edited by up-country_sinclair

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:00 AM, meatboy said:

for the dogs safe and well being make sure you do all the homework on the the nasty creature's that live here too,including the 2legged species.good luck and keep it SAFE.

Good advice.

Especially keeping meds for ticks and heartworm up to date.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, overherebc said:
On 3/23/2022 at 6:00 AM, meatboy said:

for the dogs safe and well being make sure you do all the homework on the the nasty creature's that live here too,including the 2legged species.good luck and keep it SAFE.

Good advice.

Especially keeping meds for ticks and heartworm up to date.

It's probably worth registering with a decent local vet (if you can find one) and ask them about a vaccination regimen to protect your dog(s) from rabies / parvo etc as applicable. 

• 8 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 2:25 PM, up-country_sinclair said:

So, we got the import permit from the Thai government today and attached to the email was a list of requirements for the "Official Health Certificate".

Problem solved.

Have you got a link to this, ive emailed Thai Air, and what i thought was the govt agency who would assist with this and have had no response.

Must be (not) working from home!