Family's dream pool turns into a "cowboys' nightmare"! Company threatens them if they complain

webfact

20 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I don’t know where these so called contractors and technicians get their training or lack of.  But from my experience they don’t know much of anything.  And if there is a problem the common answer “that’s normal “

Dealing with contractors in the west you get some bad ones.  But here it’s the worst. 

contractors lots are just 200 baht a day picked up put of the local village they have not got a clue  we had a house built total C##p all the work rubbish i could not name all the probs but ill give you  one ..none of the doors closed not anywhere near we got them to send a guy he had no tools with him..he broke a Chang beer bottle one of my empties and began hacking at the doors edges can't begin to tell you the mess he made ..so the pool is sadly no different cowboy builder's.. I've been told not to say to much about the bad workmanship the owner of the company is the Village head  boss mans Son no one in the Street with similar problems will speak out .

• Haha 1

What a totally screwed-up country Thailand has become, with those ridiculous anti-defamation laws. When staying a hotel you can’t leave a bad - or even mediocre - review without running the risk of being threatened/sued by that hotel. And when someone pays a lot of money to have a swimming pool installed, and the company doing that job makes a complete mess of it, that person is threatened not to complain. Insanity reigns in this country.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 1:56 PM, Gottfrid said:

That´s not a pool! That´s an oversized bath tub with a ladder.

My thoughts too.

Years ago now I was quoted close to a million baht for a  1.5 metre deep 8x4 metre concrete and tile in ground pool by a reputable company. A decent in ground pool job is expensive in any country.

Above ground are much cheaper and popular in Europe. Bank up earth round about half of it, pop a deck on top of that. They don't last too long though. Haven't seen these in Thailand only DIY "bathtubs" that are advertised by online sellers.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, robertson468 said:

When I had my house built I ensured there was a retention fee, which was written in to the contract of construction. 

does a contract mean anything in thailand, trying  to enfore it would be expensive.  i now a lot of people had an exstention done . they hold back last payment ... then the builders say cant finish we have no money left to buy matterials .. give them the money to finish then they do a runner and leave a few crappy tools behind .. and from what i have heard you cant just get another builder in to finish without going to poilce first and file papers ,,,