Dental implants,how much?

bert bloggs

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

Just go to Dr Warin

Further words are superfluous

All very well making recommendations from afar.... last time I tried that I couldn't get an appointment with him.... they also tried to book me with an alternative without telling me. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

All very well making recommendations from afar.... last time I tried that I couldn't get an appointment with him.... they also tried to book me with an alternative without telling me. 

Yep he was always super busy and normal appointments were 2-3 weeks in advance. From personal experience if you have had expensive work done previously he will see you within 48 hours but otherwise the wait can be long

Theres a reason theres a waiting list as the guy is superb

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Made an appt w/ him about a month ago and waited 2 weeks. Usual w/ Warin. He charges a bit less and makes it up on volume. Very busy, very efficient. Too good for mere teeth cleaning, anybody can do that; save him for real work.

Kind of a man's man, Warin. Not a very friendly office, no moo baan atmosphere, no beauty contests, no hand holding, no BS, all business. I like that.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, nightbird said:

In BKK, Asok Montri Dental Clinic. 50K inclusive of implant and crown. I've had one and know others that have gotten them there. Super nice people.

Provided you don't need bone graft. They may be nice but not but they like to ignore problems until you sit in the chair. Luckily, I could still walk out before damage was done.

I went to the dentist in Thailand and I had an x-ray on the reclining chair. The assistant pushed the wrong button and the chair angled me down so I was head first towards the floor.

The dentist came in and said sorry she pushed the wrong button.

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst routine dentistry is inexpensive in Thailand, implants are quite expensive. I had 4 done in Budapest, Hungary (A beautiful city) some years back, they were £850 each (thb 36,500).

Turkey is now the go-to place for implants, I've not done much research yet, but I believe <£500 complete (thb 21,500).

11 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

Whilst routine dentistry is inexpensive in Thailand, implants are quite expensive. I had 4 done in Budapest, Hungary (A beautiful city) some years back, they were £850 each (thb 36,500).

Turkey is now the go-to place for implants, I've not done much research yet, but I believe <£500 complete (thb 21,500).

With risks i suspect, any guarantee if things don't work out? Saw a news report of people who had cosmetic surgery there and are now scarred for life with no possibility of comeback... it was up to the UK's NHS to resolve infection issues. 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

With risks i suspect, any guarantee if things don't work out? Saw a news report of people who had cosmetic surgery there and are now scarred for life with no possibility of comeback... it was up to the UK's NHS to resolve infection issues. 

There is normally a guarantee on the implant, sometimes lifetime, though of course you must return at your own cost. My UK dentist, who is almost retiring age and therefore has considerable experience, says he has seen some very good quality work that has been done in Turkey.