Dental implants,how much?

bert bloggs

8 minutes ago, cucme said:

perfect job in Trat: ban more fun

Cost is 39.000 Baht per piece.

Takes about 4 - 5 months.

Very happy with the 3 implants.

That was last year.

That's total price for all? I have a quote from yesterday here in Chiang Mai. the cost is between 54k and 70k depending on which implant you choose. 10% discount for cash. Bone graft will add another 20k or so.

Edited by bamboozled

My Thai lady completed a total of five implants after about a six month process.

I have a medical background and followed the procedure from a technical perspective very carefully since I was paying for it.

I am very pleased with the doctor and the work. Each tooth cost about 50,000฿ from Nana Clinic in Huahin. I am very impressed with the doctor, her clinic, her equipment, and her skills.

• Like 1

Don't try to save money on an implant, material used is crucial. You get cheaper material, sure will be okay for a few years...

It's one of those events to preventively better pay more than less. 

Most bigger clinics do a good job, some overcharge for bone graft, should not be more than 5k baht or so.

Altogether 70k-80k for one implant should give you a solid result.

Oh and doing the surgery and getting the implant fixated are two completely different crafts. I'd chose a clinic with specific specialitsts, not an allrounder. 

Edited by heiri007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be interested to know how much for all teeth out (upper or lower jaw) implants in and new denture, in other words the full Monty.

How many months does it take for this procedure?

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

Don't try to save money on an implant, material used is crucial. You get cheaper material, sure will be okay for a few years...

Most bigger clinics do a good job, some overcharge for bone graft, should not be more than 5k baht or so.

Oh and doing the surgery and getting the implant fixated are two completely different crafts. I'd chose a clinic with specific specialitsts, not an allrounder. 

So what are good makes of implants? and ones to avoid?

I have had three dental implants in Chiang Mai, 55,000 baht each.

A good implant takes 3-4 months, anything shorter has a much higher failure rate. Mine are still going strong after about 7 years.

The best bone graft material is Swiss, Chinese bone graft material has dubious origins. We get what we pay for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So what are good makes of implants? and ones to avoid?

Well the top one I reckon are Straumann ceramic implants. Korean products seem to be the cheapest.

It's quite important how the material used reacts with the body over long time.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A good implant takes 3-4 months, anything shorter has a much higher failure rate. Mine are still going strong after about 7 years.

The best bone graft material is Swiss, Chinese bone graft material has dubious origins. We get what we pay for.

Indeed. Cheapest does not = best.

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Did that include a bone graft? Your price is exactly what I was quoted yesterday....but without bone graft. And that's for the Korean Osstem brand. The higher end price is for the Swiss implant.

15 hours ago, Misab said:

It has become expensive in Thailand.

10 years ago the price for one implant in Pataya was 26k.

No, it wasn't ???? There were just some clinics that used to advertise the price without a crown. Add on perhaps 15k for the crown. The price hasn't really changed much at all. I paid 40k at Phyathai Sri Racha then. They had the best prices and service. Most of the clinics were missing even an x-ray device and implantologists. They just had a roving implantologist do the work.

The hospital had a resident implantologist/maxillofacial surgeon. Same practitioner can be found at https://web.facebook.com/estebangsaen/

Dr Suwangatte.

15 hours ago, eddi said:

I would be interested to know how much for all teeth out (upper or lower jaw) implants in and new denture, in other words the full Monty.

How many months does it take for this procedure?

Assuming four implants on top and four on the bottom, I would say ballpark minimum of 360k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Did that include a bone graft? Your price is exactly what I was quoted yesterday....but without bone graft. And that's for the Korean Osstem brand. The higher end price is for the Swiss implant.

That was with the bone graft included. However, that was about 7 years ago. Inflation.

Swiss bone graft, Swiss implant.

9 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

7 years ago....that's a long time. Someone told me it's pig bone. Is that true?

It's usually bovine (cow) and it's not actually bone but just the mineral makeup of what bones are comprised of..basically ground up bone, then sterilized and used to build in spaces you have for implant.

• Like 1

Around 50 k per tooth is the right price.  Give or take with bone graft.  I had 3 not long ago 150,000 b for everything from extraction to crown.

Takes several months because it needs to heal.

In my country, I had one a few years ago 150,000 b.

Do it here with good referrals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 5:14 PM, heiri007 said:

That's the dentist trying to make more money on you. I've had Korean implants, the least expensive here with no problems. I know others who have gotten the same ones with no problems. These procedures have become so routine that it takes a pretty bad dentist to mess it up. 

• Confused 1