Transferring Visa to New Passport - Any foreseen issues?

Agent I'm using has advised me to get a new passport due to immigration being very hesitant to grant my 1 year non-b because of many previous ED visa extension stamps (although they did do so eventually). They said there's always a chance I could be denied entry if I leave and come back due to those stamps. My question is, if I do get a new passport whilst remaining in the country and go to transfer my current 1 year non-b visa, would they simply just transfer the current Visa, or would they make a note of all the previous stamps in it, on the new passport?

Edited by Mikeheo

Probably false info from the agent.

When you get a new passport they do a stamp with info about your new passport and the visa that gave you the permit to stay you have been extending.

Then they will only transfer your last entry stamp and current extension of stay stamp. 

A lot of ED visa extensions not a problem I am familiar with so no idea about whether or not is a good reason to get a new passport so no advise about that.

If you do get a new passport Thai Immigration will transfer your current visa to the new passport like ubonjoe said,

If, however, you have a re-entry permit in your old passport the visa desk won't transfer the re-entry permit to the new passport.  You need to either take both the new passport and the old passport with the re-entry visa with you on your next trip, or you need to go to the re-entry desk to get the re-entry visa transferred to the new passport.  Two separate operations.

10 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

or you need to go to the re-entry desk to get the re-entry visa transferred to the new passport.  Two separate operations

That's correct provided you obtained the reentry permit at that office.

31 minutes ago, Letseng said:

A good agent would go & find out.

I could not meet a requirement for my ret. extension due to change in C19 ext. rules. Agent gave me no hope but offered to enquire & the problem was resolved.

What is your current extension based on? 

The issue agent resolved. 

Edited by DrJack54