What is a Lagrange point? What is the nearest Lagrange point from BKK?

My Dear Friends,

Decades ago, I had often dreamed about putting something in a Lagrange point.  (There are more than one Lagrange points.)

A Lagrange point is a place in orbit where a satellite can reach equilibrium, and at a point where forces of gravity from most celestial objects cancel out.

And now, we have finally done this after so many decades of anticipation.

So, anyway, what does this mean for us, here?

If you do not know, then it would be pointless to tell you.

This is something that most people know about.

If you have never heard of a Lagrange point, then please think about why you are here on planet Earth.

Also, concerning Bertrand Russell and his teapot, here is an illustration .

2029364469_Russell_teapot(1).png.b908ca4374ed1b7695eac22e974b7974.png

There could be a teapot out there, of course.

However, no one adds sugar and crème to Chinese tea.

No one has ever seen this happen.

Are you here to just exist without curiosity about your world?

So, anyway, the Webb telescope is still doing well.

The war has not, so far, affected telescopes in space.

Also, it is true that Hubble-type telescopes could, from a practical point of view, provide very high resolution images of your private parts.

Your private parts can be easily captured from space.

If you wish full privacy, never leave home without your umbrella, rain or shine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I like being an Oreo, although the other 2 masses were smaller ????

If not an acronym, then a riddle?

There are many meanings of Oreo, such as black on the outside and white on the inside. Similar to a banana which is yellow on the outside and white on the inside.

However, you state that not only are you an Oreo, but that you have two masses which are smaller than you.

So, according to American slang, then you must be an Uncle Tom with double breast cancer, tumors growing in both breasts.

Am I correct?

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If not an acronym, then a riddle?

There are many meanings of Oreo, such as black on the outside and white on the inside. Similar to a banana which is yellow on the outside and white on the inside.

However, you state that not only are you an Oreo, but that you have two masses which are smaller than you.

So, according to American slang, then you must be an Uncle Tom with double breast cancer, tumors growing in both breasts.

Am I correct?

Think 'threesome' ... ????

On 3/23/2022 at 7:10 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Also, it is true that Hubble-type telescopes could, from a practical point of view, provide very high resolution images of your private parts.

Your private parts can be easily captured from space.

If you wish full privacy, never leave home without your umbrella, rain or shine.

Anyone with access to the Hubble who has such a dire lack of useful things to do that rank anywhere above seeing my private parts, is not only welcome to the view, but has my express permission to post photos on the internet as a reward for their trouble and probable trauma.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, StreetCowboy said:

If you’re checking out the Lagrange Points, can you keep an eye out for my shopping bike, which got sadly misplaced on a particularly big night out with Dr K?

Sad to hear this sorry tale.

What was the price of said bike?

I assume, rather very expensive.

(Anyway.... Very sorry to know these terrible tidings!   Was the bike insured, hopefully?)

Really NG!