DLT And Smart Queue

jwest10

Hi All

A bit confused and I was led to believe that from 1st Jan 2022 the DLT were doing away with the Smart Queue system
Can anyone confirm this and can go to the DLT HQ in Kanchanaburi to make an appointment or indeed the renewed car 5 year drivers license.
Thanks all

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Unfortunately foreign residents cannot use the DLT Smart Q system, but depending on where you live you can either walk-in or go to the local DLT to make an appointment. Don't forget to do the online training at home, so you can skip the video at the local DLT.  https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

Thanks Joe W have to do the online training just for an a renewal of 5 year car drivers license and realise a doctors fit to drive form.

Yeah, but no worries. It's not really an online training. Same questions at the beginning of the test, during the test and at the end of the test. It's fairly simple, but you need to watch it for 1 hour. No way to skip it. The first 40 minutes or so are subtitled, the last 20 minutes are actually really nice. Two native speakers in a nicely made video explaining about the rules and regulations in Thailand. Really well-made.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Unfortunately foreign residents cannot use the DLT Smart Q system, but depending on where you live you can either walk-in or go to the local DLT to make an appointment. Don't forget to do the online training at home, so you can skip the video at the local DLT.  https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

I need to renew my bike licence in April, so am really interested in this thread. 

I have the cert. of residence from immigration. So far, so good. I know I need a new med. certificate to prove fit to drive. OK. But, this 1 hour video is a puzzle for me. If I watch it now (no appointment with DLT yet), how do I prove I watched it? Is a certificate emailed to us? Can I print a document proving I've completed the course? The last piece in the jigsaw. 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, djayz said:

I need to renew my bike licence in April, so am really interested in this thread. 

I have the cert. of residence from immigration. So far, so good. I know I need a new med. certificate to prove fit to drive. OK. But, this 1 hour video is a puzzle for me. If I watch it now (no appointment with DLT yet), how do I prove I watched it? Is a certificate emailed to us? Can I print a document proving I've completed the course? The last piece in the jigsaw. 

Tried the video above Sunday and does not come up?

1 minute ago, djayz said:

I too can't load the next page in the process. Just assumed it was me. 

Yeah LOL that"s what I thought but think have to go in and I know one has tto see the video and yes the usual doctors fit to drive but yeah seems a visit to Kanchanaburi DLT and it does seem the Smart Q  is not available for foreigners,

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

After you watched the video and passed the test, you will get a QR code. You need to print it out and take it with you. My DLT office said it is valid for 60 days. Not sure about other DLT offices. Some people have issues with the video when using FireFox or Safari. I recommend using Google Chrome.

Joe I managed to get in and yes just passed and the video and stating passed and quoting my passport number and you can download this and save the certificate and mentioning about queue number, though there is not one and at moment can not download or screenshot to a mobile but could to my one drive on my computer.
How does one print this off and still think you have to go in to DLT with it for an appointment. Is this correct and thanks

Just now, jwest10 said:

Joe I managed to get in and yes just passed and the video and stating passed and quoting my passport number and you can download this and save the certificate and mentioning about queue number, though there is not one and at moment can not download or screenshot to a mobile but could to my one drive on my computer.
How does one print this off and still think you have to go in to DLT with it for an appointment. Is this correct and thanks and stating valid for 6 months.

21 hours ago, jwest10 said:

How does one print this off and still think you have to go in to DLT with it for an appointment. Is this correct and thanks

I think you better take a screenshot of the screen or take a picture with your phone ????

You need to print it out, and take it to the DLT. Depending on where you live, you either can just walk in and get a new license or you need to get an appointment for a later time. In my case, I walked in, waited 5 minutes and got a new license. Good luck ????

On 3/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, JoeW said:

I think you better take a screenshot of the screen or take a picture with your phone ????

You need to print it out, and take it to the DLT. Depending on where you live, you either can just walk in and get a new license or you need to get an appointment for a later time. In my case, I walked in, waited 5 minutes and got a new license. Good luck ????

Thanks JoeW and others too
Yes many thanks for your help and yes got a print out c/o one of my Granddaughters (they know so much more on technical problems etc lol) and yes will go in to the office in April and yes take it the new one runs from the birthday ie 22nd May but the certificate valid for 6 months but no queue number.
Quoting my passport number so will just go in in April and will let you know lol when successful and yes like other things ie extensions etc we all on edge until it is done and stamped.

2 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Yes many thanks for your help and yes got a print out c/o one of my Granddaughters (they know so much more on technical problems etc lol) and yes will go in to the office in April and yes take it the new one runs from the birthday ie 22nd May but the certificate valid for 6 months but no queue number.
Quoting my passport number so will just go in in April and will let you know lol when successful and yes like other things ie extensions etc we all on edge until it is done and stamped.

Quick last question the doctors certificate can a local clinic do one or is there a standard form and not sure how long one is vlid for and so many thanks again all,

2 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Quick last question the doctors certificate can a local clinic do one or is there a standard form and not sure how long one is vlid for and so many thanks again all,

Every clinic carries the form. It's the standard "5 diseases" form, which is used for many other occasions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Every clinic carries the form. It's the standard "5 diseases" form, which is used for many other occasions.

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Thank you once again and yeah found the site of Kanchanaburi and have been chatting for most of the afternoon and yeah surprise surprise the smart system having problems but stated you must have one.
Yes as I thought will have to go there in person.

On 3/30/2022 at 11:24 AM, jwest10 said:

Hi Joe W and others

Well an update on on this smart Queue and yes was most of yesterday afternoon speaking on Fb site in Kanchanaburi and wow cut to the chase there is a problem with the foreign drivers license on the system and managed to give my personal details and accepted but when going in to it again did not like my correct password.
LOL they gave me a site in English to log on to.
However, they asked where are you and can you come in and was stating about the medical certificate and has to be within one month but they have no idea how long the queue is.!!!
Well am deciding when I can to go in and they stating as much and getting stuff together and printing passport photo and current visa, present license and Thai id card.
Yes they also stated if you can't come in wait until the problem is fixed and then I asked how long is the queue and no idea!!
So gang those who have got your licenses and pleased for you and yes 22nd May  seems  long way away but it seems no choice but still no guarantee and asked if they put a note on the computer. Yeah well

On 3/25/2022 at 3:09 PM, JoeW said:

Yeah, but no worries. It's not really an online training. Same questions at the beginning of the test, during the test and at the end of the test. It's fairly simple, but you need to watch it for 1 hour. No way to skip it. The first 40 minutes or so are subtitled, the last 20 minutes are actually really nice. Two native speakers in a nicely made video explaining about the rules and regulations in Thailand. Really well-made.

Joe W and everyone

Friday evening now after more extensive attempts today to get my personal information on the the smart Q system and hey ho nothing.
They keep quoting gecc.dlt.go.th which is the correct one but also as I live in Kanchanaburi I have been using  their Facebook one and in case any users live in this Province it is facebook.com/dltkan  and you can send a message there and yes have to be patient but someone will come back and don't forget of course no their native tongue.
Anyways it about the Id and password and made up different ones which a couple of times accepted but when go into the site then does not let you in and despite checking everything is correct.
Then late this afternoon and can you believe this your ID and password is your passport number which I used for my training test and passed.
I never heard of such a thing anyone but just letting you know my experiences and very frustrating and for them as well in the DLT office.
Can you please come in but can not as some family in hospital with this Covit and others recovering but my existing license matures end of May but then asked can you tell me how long the queue is for and hearing from posts of people ranging from a few days and up to 60 plus days.
Probably after Songkran will be able to go in and was asking about the medical certificate and stated a month after receipt and again asked if I don't know what date how can I do this.
Amazing but whoever devised this system needs to be having a severe talking to and thought do it in plenty of time.
Amazing Thailand on some of the issues right?
In the end it seems will have to go in to the office with my Thai wife but not got any confidence with this issue.
I have my old passport and current Thai drivers license and also Thai pink card and not sure need the yellow house book but when we eventually go (assuming this wonderful new system is not working)
I asked if they would make a note on the computer, yeah right but they did mention perhaps come in and yes sometimes a reserve slot when someone can not make their appointment.
Sorry so long winded and anyone in Kanchanaburi might find this useful and wondering if the Thais who many do not have any license or indeed insurance are having problems but I doubt it.
In the end like the extension until it is done one can not truly relax.

8 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Joe W and everyone

Friday evening now after more extensive attempts today to get my personal information on the the smart Q system and hey ho nothing.
They keep quoting gecc.dlt.go.th which is the correct one but also as I live in Kanchanaburi I have been using  their Facebook one and in case any users live in this Province it is facebook.com/dltkan  and you can send a message there and yes have to be patient but someone will come back and don't forget of course no their native tongue.
Anyways it about the Id and password and made up different ones which a couple of times accepted but when go into the site then does not let you in and despite checking everything is correct.
Then late this afternoon and can you believe this your ID and password is your passport number which I used for my training test and passed.
I never heard of such a thing anyone but just letting you know my experiences and very frustrating and for them as well in the DLT office.
Can you please come in but can not as some family in hospital with this Covit and others recovering but my existing license matures end of May but then asked can you tell me how long the queue is for and hearing from posts of people ranging from a few days and up to 60 plus days.
Probably after Songkran will be able to go in and was asking about the medical certificate and stated a month after receipt and again asked if I don't know what date how can I do this.
Amazing but whoever devised this system needs to be having a severe talking to and thought do it in plenty of time.
Amazing Thailand on some of the issues right?
In the end it seems will have to go in to the office with my Thai wife but not got any confidence with this issue.
I have my old passport and current Thai drivers license and also Thai pink card and not sure need the yellow house book but when we eventually go (assuming this wonderful new system is not working)
I asked if they would make a note on the computer, yeah right but they did mention perhaps come in and yes sometimes a reserve slot when someone can not make their appointment.
Sorry so long winded and anyone in Kanchanaburi might find this useful and wondering if the Thais who many do not have any license or indeed insurance are having problems but I doubt it.
In the end like the extension until it is done one can not truly relax.

Happy and safe weekend in more ways than 10 lol

On 4/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, jwest10 said:

Happy and safe weekend in more ways than 10 lol

On Friday 1st April I was assured that the new software regarding smart queue and putting on your personal details is now up and running.
However it still not working and something to do with the passwords and is anyone else having so much trouble with this.
I spoke to someone all afternoon on Thursday and Friday last week and stating it has been modified.
Sorry asking and just stating my experiences and those in Kanchanaburi and on the DLT Facebook site but when asked how long the queue is and sorry we have no idea but on the forums hearing a few days up to 60 plus days.
They did state if an emergency you maybe come in but can't anyway with Covit  and others members of family in hospital.
My current 5 year license for car matures end of May so do have some time left.
Perhaps go in after Songkran but stating things that it is working but in fact it is not and told told them, I do not want to waste my time going backwards and forwards.
Seriously, is any one else have so many problems with this
Thanks all

Wild suggestion:

as it appears that the smart queue system is not working with foreign passport numbers, maybe you can try the pseudo-Thai National ID number that was issued to you if you received any covid vaccination in Thailand.  It's the 13-digit number starting with "600000."  It's unique to you, tied to your name, and it's in exactly the proper format of an actual Thai ID number.

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Wild suggestion:

as it appears that the smart queue system is not working with foreign passport numbers, maybe you can try the pseudo-Thai National ID number that was issued to you if you received any covid vaccination in Thailand.  It's the 13-digit number starting with "600000."  It's unique to you, tied to your name, and it's in exactly the proper format of an actual Thai ID number.

Worth a try and thanks and will let you know.
I would be very surprised but like everything else in life would not be surprised.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RupertIII said:

Anyone know what these standard "5 diseases" are?

Thanks.

1. LEPROSY
2.TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.)
3. ELEPHANTIASIS
4. DRUG ADDICTION
5. THIRD STAGE OF SYPHILIS

http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf

Costs about 100-150 baht at a small clinic.  There is usually no examination other than visual inspection.  No tests are performed.  Often in and out in about 5 minutes.  My opinion, it is understood by all that the form is a bit silly (outdated) and therefore the process of getting one is pro-forma.

7 minutes ago, skatewash said:

1. LEPROSY
2.TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.)
3. ELEPHANTIASIS
4. DRUG ADDICTION
5. THIRD STAGE OF SYPHILIS

http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf

Costs about 100-150 baht at a small clinic.  There is usually no examination other than visual inspection.  No tests are performed.  Often in and out in about 5 minutes.  My opinion, it is understood by all that the form is a bit silly (outdated) and therefore the process of getting one is pro-forma.

Many thanks Skatewash, nothing for me to worry about then!

The very first time I applied for a Thai licence (many years ago) one went to the cigarette stall in the car park, wrote out your full name on a piece of paper, handed over 100 baht and waited 15 minutes for a motorbike to come back with the medical certificate!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 1:59 PM, JoeW said:

JoeW and many others

Just a word of thanks to you all and all the very helpful advise and yes today the 10th May successfully renewed my 5 year Thai Drivers License and pleased that that I did the on line test and video before I went.
In the end they sorted out the foreign problem and the staff at my local DLT office could not have been more helpful and yes just taking everything in and yes a laugh and joke at the right times never went amiss.
Indeed there were people upstairs who had booked an appointment but had to view the video and the questions and yes indeed the main problem, apart from registration as a foreigner for a couple of weeks was the medical certificate to be in line with maximum 30 day period.
Many were this morning on 3 terminals downstairs viewing the video and then getting appointment further down the line.

Yes the physical tests and pleased that the rope last time for the reaction test not required but the accelerator  and brake pedals but had the matching pins to do and found this really weird, even though they explained it and read about it.
However, all very professional indeed and within minutes of my photo been take and had my new license.
Always a relief for any kind of tests in our lifetime and like the permission to stay and until everything is stamped and sorted then mentally and physical really tired but great to come home and relax after a very long but very pleasant drive home.
Good luck all and yes a lot of background work is needed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwest10 said:

JoeW and many others

Just a word of thanks to you all and all the very helpful advise and yes today the 10th May successfully renewed my 5 year Thai Drivers License and pleased that that I did the on line test and video before I went.
In the end they sorted out the foreign problem and the staff at my local DLT office could not have been more helpful and yes just taking everything in and yes a laugh and joke at the right times never went amiss.
Indeed there were people upstairs who had booked an appointment but had to view the video and the questions and yes indeed the main problem, apart from registration as a foreigner for a couple of weeks was the medical certificate to be in line with maximum 30 day period.
Many were this morning on 3 terminals downstairs viewing the video and then getting appointment further down the line.

Yes the physical tests and pleased that the rope last time for the reaction test not required but the accelerator  and brake pedals but had the matching pins to do and found this really weird, even though they explained it and read about it.
However, all very professional indeed and within minutes of my photo been take and had my new license.
Always a relief for any kind of tests in our lifetime and like the permission to stay and until everything is stamped and sorted then mentally and physical really tired but great to come home and relax after a very long but very pleasant drive home.
Good luck all and yes a lot of background work is needed. 

Happy you got it all sorted! Be careful on the road ????

14 hours ago, JoeW said:

Happy you got it all sorted! Be careful on the road ????

Joe W always careful in more ways THAN ONE. hOPE YOU GOOD AND SURVIVING AND THANKS AGAIN +555