entering visa exempt but will be changing to non O is 30 days insurance ok.

As the title says i will be returning in May from the uk visa exempt, i have the 800,000 all matured in bkk bank in order to get a non O for retirment, my return flight to the uk will be around the end of september, can i get away with 30 days covid insurance cover or do i need to get the insurance to cover until the return flight, i will be getting a multi entry on my retirment extension so i can come and go as i please.

Many thanks in advance for your replies...

I came back to Thailand visa exempt with 30 day insurance in November, no problem.  Obtained Non-O (will be applying for retirement extension) and re-entry permit and left if February.  Came back in March with 7 days' insurance.  Thai Pass approved without any questions.

• Thanks 1

As stated by DrJack54, your retirement visa does not come with any reentry permits.  You will probably need to go to a different desk, a reentry permit desk, and pay (separately from your retirement visa) for either a single reentry permit or for a multiple reentry permit.

If you transfer your visa to a new passport the reentry permit(s) will not be transferred by the visa desk!

You must get the reentry permit desk to transfer the reentry permits to your new passport.  Two entirely separate operations.

1 minute ago, HarrySeaman said:

As stated by DrJack54, your retirement visa does not come with any reentry permits.  You will probably need to go to a different desk, a reentry permit desk, and pay (separately from your retirement visa) for either a single reentry permit or for a multiple reentry permit.

If you transfer your visa to a new passport the reentry permit(s) will not be transferred by the visa desk!

You must get the reentry permit desk to transfer the reentry permits to your new passport.  Two entirely separate operations.

Well summed up.

Just to add, he could also elect to obtain reentry permit at airport on exit. 

17 hours ago, Rochford6 said:

I flew into Thailand on Sunday and nobody questioned my 1 month covid insurance even with my retirement stamps

Visa exempt or re-entry permit or OA multiple entry 1st or 2nd year?

when entering visa exempt, don't the airlines require one to have a flight out of the country before the 30 day permission to stay ends ?  i know i had issues with this in the past.  buying a cheap one way ticket to cambodia or vietnam as a 'throwaway' is how i got around the issue.  flying in may with a flight out in sept for a visa exempt entry, might be an issue at check in.

i flew in visa exempt in july last year on a roundtrip ticket, less than 30 day stay (aug return).  i was able to change the return date after i arrived for no fee or change in ticket price (i was also doing the visa change to non O with money already in the thai bank).  some airlines are very flexible with changes these days.  i bought 30 day insurance.

• Like 1

I understand that the re-entry permits are separate from the non O and extension for retirement, if i get the multi entry permit is that just a single stamp to come and go at will ??

I am just looking at the easiest way to be able to travel in and out of thailand without filling a passport up with stamps every few years.

what are the costs , single vs multi re-entry and do you just go to another desk at the immigration office in jomtien after the non O is issued???

6 minutes ago, funky moped said:

I understand that the re-entry permits are separate from the non O and extension for retirement, if i get the multi entry permit is that just a single stamp to come and go at will ??

I am just looking at the easiest way to be able to travel in and out of thailand without filling a passport up with stamps every few years.

what are the costs , single vs multi re-entry and do you just go to another desk at the immigration office in jomtien after the non O is issued???

A multiple or single re-entry permit is valid to the day your extension of stay expires. You have to get a new one every year. When you enter the country you get the standard arrival stamp.

A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and multiple is 3800 baht.

If I recall correctly re-entry permits are done at the same desk where you apply for the one year extension at Jomtien.

• Like 1

i had no problems opening a fixed deposit account with Bangkok bank with visa exempt,

but i did have my condo blue book and chanute with me, i guess it would be the same if you had a yearly rental agreement...

i already had an account at the krungthai bank and they said it wouldnt be a problem to open a fixed deposit with rental agreement, went with bkk bank for a slightly better interest rate, the green bank said no even with condo book and chanute they want the 1 year visa first, 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, funky moped said:

the green bank said no even with condo book and chanute they want the 1 year visa first,

But you need at least 2 months fixed deposit history before you can apply 1 year visa so Bangkok bank is the solution in this situation, thanks!

On 3/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, samsonluk said:

With entering visa exempt status are able to open bank account? 

Every bank will be different, many will say no. Others will say it’s against Thai law. Don’t believe them just  keep going to different banks until 1 says yes. Having a black haired interpreter will help, having an existing good customer with you will help.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, samsonluk said:

With entering visa exempt status are able to open bank account?

Years gone by possible.

In recent times not so simple.

Bangkok Bank as just one example require a residence certificate if your opening account in Bangkok that would require you to have made a 90 day report which visa exempt entry would not have.

Your embassy may provide confirmation of your address however not all provide this service. Oz being one example.

For those entering visa exempt and looking to obtain non O time is important.

I suggest using an agent to open an account. 

Quick simple and saves time..

Edited by DrJack54