Location in Russian

I'm here for another quarterly real estate retirement survey.  Where to put down roots after retirement this year?  December was examining Phuket, now Pattaya, June will be either Hua Hin or Phuket again.  Today an ad for a reduction at Patong Tower (I like views) caught my attention and I seemed to remember a high Russian ownership?  So I'm asking if there are places that might currently be better deals because they were once great locations in Russian.

I dont think there is any grand fire sale happening, to the extent there are bargain condo blocks.

You may be right and some Russians are selling up to take advantage of a lower ruble, but alternatively, they may currently have more incentive to hang on to assets outside Russia.

Even if they want to sell up, how would they get their money back into Russia with sanctions and banking system shutdown etc. It would certainly only be the ones currently in Thailand, that could even consider selling, and they probably need a place to stay not being able to get back home.

Edited by Peterw42