Jealousy

My Dear Friends,

Jealousy is truly the root of all evil in our lives today.

And so, even though we may not find it possible to root out, completely, jealousy from our everyday mundane lives, still, there are important steps which me might take to significantly limit our feelings of jealously, and thereby improve our wellbeing, day to day.

Firstly, we must understand that jealously is not something which is unique to humans. In fact, even our hairier cousins, such as our chimp friends, also suffer from jealousy.

Secondly, one of the ways that I have taken to limit my feelings of jealousy and envy is to become completely celibate, and I highly suggest that you follow my lead. In addition, I have stopped watching all advertisements, unless these are ads for academic institutions, such as Harvard, Cambridge, Princeton, or Oxford, schools for fools, and colleges of no interest to me. Watching these types of ads do no harm to anyone.

Here is what happens when one chimp feels jealousy, and when his jealousy causes him to go on a rampage….

https://youtu.be/ANvzW_Uaaxw

There are better videos of chimp aggression. Yet, for some reason, chimp aggression documentation is not suitable for those outside the university sphere, presumably. (go figure). War is OK. Chimp aggression is Not OK?

And so, my friends, if you wish to live a more peaceful and fruitful life, then I urge you to live your lives in ways which will cause you far less jealousy.  In other words, don’t be a chimp.

Jealousy is a strong emotional state, an irrational state, which we must struggle to avoid, and which originates in our limbic brain, and which we can only try to limit through changing our behaviors and environment.  For example, do not get engaged to your GF, and do not marry even if you become engaged.  Instead, just prevaricate, and have cheap sex with no commitments. Also, do not talk or think about whether or not a BMW might be better than a Volvo, things like that.

Give up all material things, for sure!

The more you engage in conspicuous consumption, then the more you might become jealous of your neighbor, and for no good logical purpose.  Soon, what was a brand-new car will, in years to come, become a pile of rusting junk, if not a car wreck, in some cases.

Remember, please, that, no matter how old you might be, today, still, you will be in your grave, with no material assets, within a very, very short period of time.

I know that this logic makes no sense to most people.

Man does not make decisions based on logic, obviously.

Chimps and Man behave in the same way, and how could this be otherwise?

Perhaps you have never heard of the Galapagos Islands, or the reason that this once great civilization deteriorated so suddenly, the main reason being that the Galapagos was deforested.

Therefore, why should we continue to fool ourselves that we might be logical beings?

I do not doubt that you might find much more logic in Pattaya than in most places of higher learning. This is why, mostly, those from the UK are predominantly represented there, in the bars of Pattaya.

LIKEWISE:

===In fact, as Jared Diamond once stated, his Harvard undergrads were not half as smart as the locals in P&G.===   And, we can only assume that the women in Pattaya bars are smarter than the graduates of the Harvard Kennedy School, the John F. Kennedy School of Government, for example.

Well, so anyway, I would wish to leave you with just several thoughts:

aa. This guy, Jared Diamond is a heck of a lot more interesting than I ever thought, just from reading his books. I MEAN that he is a dynamite speaker.  So, just take a listen if you are bored by the Covid lockdown.

bb. Find it in your hearts to tamp down this JEALOUSY thing.  There are many ways to do this.  I have done this, and you can, too.  IF you can do this, then you will be a happier human.  Envy and Jealousy are emotions which can be easily manipulated by our environment, such as media, for example, not to mention proximity and population density.  Therefore, stop being manipulated into rampant conspicuous consumption, and rise above this baser need to consume what is, in truth, mostly garbage which will be discarded in very few years.

Also, as I have said repeatedly, begin your regimen of celibacy. You will change your lives for the better, when you do.

I am not saying that you cannot have a nice massage, once in a while.  However, just try to NOT get massages by the same masseuse, twice.  Mix it up.  Variety is spice.

I am full of wisdom, such as this.

Hopefully, in future weeks, I will find enough energy to continue my writing here.

Best regards,

Glob

Note:  Please note that I have soaked up a lot of wisdom during the past many decades from places around the world. I really do know what I am talking about. However, being as old as I am, sometimes it is not so easy to sit down at the keyboard and actually force oneself to write down, here, what I know. So, I must say sorry for my old age.  

NOTE2:  Just in case you might wonder about the Jared Diamond video, and what he has hanging in front of his belt….  This is a battery.  So, check it out!  Jared Diamond is powered by a battery. (In truth, my heart goes out to this guy!  My heart goes out to this guy for having his heart being powered by a battery….AND STILL….  This guy is able to come out and give an inspirational and informative presentation!!!!)

Could anyone here do this?  NOT SO EASY!!!!

NOTE3:  For those who might be searching here for something to watch, on the Internet, other than claptrap, while enjoying your morning coffee…. then….. I would sincerely suggest you listen to Jared Diamond’s presentation, posted above.  He is a very engaging speaker. (Not always easy to find something interesting on the Internet, these days.)

And, someday, maybe you, too, will have a battery. (Although, I do hope not.)

So, anyway....please do not be put off by your dislike of my verbosity or anything I have written.

Instead, do yourself a favor:

Tomorrow morning, just three hours from now.....

Enjoy your coffee while listening to this very interesting speaker, Jared Diamond.

The link to his presentation is copied above, and no need for me to post it again.

This is a very engaging talk which I am sure that you might truly enjoy, either for fun or erudition.

(This is a talk that I have not forgotten, after many years....maybe, due to Jared's red jacket. I will take full responsibility if you are not thankful for this link.) 

Just one addendum of note:

HERE:   Dr. Goodall (Me Jane, You Tarzan)... finally admits that her beloved chimps are no better than we humans.

This was a long time in coming, for sure.

She had always thought that her chimps were, somehow, separate in their behavior, from other primates.

She had thought that they were passive and nonaggressive.

But...she was WRONG.

IF Jane had wanted to investigate nonaggressive animals,  then she should have studied Guernsey dairy cows, and not primates.

Primates are SMARTER than cows.

Intelligence is our downfall, us being primates, and cows being cows.

istockphoto-137391673-612x612.jpg.c634565fe97c5fa18de2c618f941cd49.jpg

Edited by GammaGlobulin

For that I do suspect the lusty Moor
Hath leap'd into my seat; the thought whereof
Doth, like a poisonous mineral, gnaw my inwards;
And nothing can or shall content my soul
Till I am even'd with him, wife for wife,
Or failing so, yet that I put the Moor
At least into a jealousy so strong
That judgment cannot cure.

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Jalousie could be the root of all evil in our lives but, with a crank, it's easy to close the windows so nobody sees.

download.jpg

Nobody loves a crank.

Let's keep cranks at bay, while preserving the good.

Sometimes, doing so is like walking a fine line.

36 minutes ago, starky said:

Mate you need to get some professional help. The first 7 responses to your OP are yours. You seriously need to find another outlet please. I know I could just not choose to open any of your ridiculous posts but you are spamming the whole pub thread. 

Just to put your response in perspective, if this might be helpful, there must be at least 2000 posts, or more, per day. And, the more the merrier.

As well, as you can see, and thankfully enough, I only post comments on the topics which I have, myself, begun.

Therefore, there is little doubt, as you must agree, that I am not doing appreciable harm, and possibly doing some good, if only I could reach some thinking person, maybe one or two.

The reason the WWW is called the World Wide Web is because it is vast, with billions of posts every hour.

Therefore, best for you to read posts which resonate with you, and make you feel less agitated.

Just a kind word of advice, for you.

Still, it's up to you what you want to read, and also up to you to comment, if you feel the inclination.

Do what you want, but in the best and most civil way you can think.

Do what you want.

Best to you....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Jealousy is truly the root of all evil in our lives today.

As usual, you just fall on your first sentence. After the normal start of going on talking to yourself, you also suddenly bring in the Lord, together with jealousy.

You never heard of the 7 deadly sins? Anyway, there you have envy as the 6th of them, which has jealousy as it´s first synonym.

As a pure result of that, it can not be the root of ALL evil, as there are clearly 6 more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

As usual, you just fall on your first sentence. After the normal start of going on talking to yourself, you also suddenly bring in the Lord, together with jealousy.

You never heard of the 7 deadly sins? Anyway, there you have envy as the 6th of them, which has jealousy as it´s first synonym.

As a pure result of that, it can not be the root of ALL evil, as there are clearly 6 more.

Jealousy is the root of all evil.

Jealousy is the causal factor which leads to other sins, such as overlooking Bathsheba while bathing, and fornicating, as well.

If there were no such thing as jealousy, then Uriah the Hittite would yet be alive, today.

Obviously, it was only jealousy and envy which made Bathsheba seem so alluring.

Otherwise, she would have been.... just another broad, and uninteresting.

It was the very fact that she was married, and possessed by another, which made her special enough to get Uriah killed in battle.

I guess you know this old story.

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Obviously, it was only jealousy and envy which made Bathsheba seem so alluring.

Otherwise, she would have been.... just another broad, and uninteresting.

It was the very fact that she was married, and possessed by another, which made her special enough to get Uriah killed in battle.

I guess you know this old story.

I had always thought that ...

Uriah the Hittite sounded much like Uriah Heep.

Unfortunately, it was the Hittite who was murdered, and not the Heep.

Wondering why?

Just listen to Uriah the Heep, and you will know.

If one had to die, far better that the Heep bit the dust, rather than the Hittite.

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

or you could just use your mind to block it out of your life... no fuss no muss

Do you mean complete and utter dedication to asceticism?

This has been tried before, a few times.

Destined to fail, in almost every case, so far.

Even Mao tried it, by sleeping with virgins, but he failed to Curb his Enthusiasm, as expected

Chimpanzees fighting over a mate is Darwinism, survival of the fittest etc, its not jealousy. The strongest, healthiest male gets to mate with the strongest, heathiest female, they have healthy strong babies.

As for Uriah Heap, they were great, very much part of the 70s music journey, progression, influence. Just the other day I was in a bar and "free me" came on, instant flashback to a time, place, memories etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just to put your response in perspective, if this might be helpful, there must be at least 2000 posts, or more, per day. And, the more the merrier.

As well, as you can see, and thankfully enough, I only post comments on the topics which I have, myself, begun.

Therefore, there is little doubt, as you must agree, that I am not doing appreciable harm, and possibly doing some good, if only I could reach some thinking person, maybe one or two.

The reason the WWW is called the World Wide Web is because it is vast, with billions of posts every hour.

Therefore, best for you to read posts which resonate with you, and make you feel less agitated.

Just a kind word of advice, for you.

Still, it's up to you what you want to read, and also up to you to comment, if you feel the inclination.

Do what you want, but in the best and most civil way you can think.

Do what you want.

Best to you....

Maybe he is just jeallous you can post so much and he can't. Jealousy is the cause of all evil ????

If there were no such thing as jealousy, then Uriah the Hittite would yet be alive, today.

Nah, I don´t thinks so. Not even his little grand grand soldiers would be, as they surely already would have hit an age of more than 250+ years. However, if you figure that he was a vampire, you might be right. But, then again, that would just fit all the other useless spam posts you mass produce.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Chimpanzees fighting over a mate is Darwinism, survival of the fittest etc, its not jealousy. The strongest, healthiest male gets to mate with the strongest, heathiest female, they have healthy strong babies.

As for Uriah Heap, they were great, very much part of the 70s music journey, progression, influence. Just the other day I was in a bar and "free me" came on, instant flashback to a time, place, memories etc.

In fact, chimp behavior is also motivated by jealousy.  Or, did you think that humans were the only species so affected?

Regarding the band Uriah Heap, although they are a heap of something, they are not what you might call ..... musicians, particularly.  Cacophony to most, seems to be music to your ears.

Still, if you love them, then all music is wonderful, even a load.

All music is good.

If one were to beat on a log, just to make music, still this is good.

Or, if one were to drum on a canoe, still, this is good.

Or, if one were to drum like this, it might be even better...

These college women are very focused on their drumming.

Kudos!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Do you mean complete and utter dedication to asceticism?

This has been tried before, a few times.

Destined to fail, in almost every case, so far.

Even Mao tried it, by sleeping with virgins, but he failed to Curb his Enthusiasm, as expected

curb your jealousy, not your enthusiasm... jealousy is just a silly attempt to control others..